What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

I plan on using a True Writer today. I was looking at Gold Spot, and saw their suggestions for Winter pens. I have one they suggested, plus another came to mind. Both have stub nibs, so they will interrupt the week of True Writers. 

Oh, they are the Kaweco Frosted natural coconut, which Gold Spot mentioned, and the Retro 51 Silver Lining.   I think the Kaweco Iridescent Pearl would qualify too. 

Posted Image

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ZeroDukE said:

This week I'll be using this little bird!

large.IMG_2994.jpg.cf8158f4625f8f7f6cc34e68562a91f7.jpglarge.IMG_2995.jpg.7552ae529fa210afc059180935a562af.jpglarge.IMG_2996.jpg.e397834dbbd830453e6489baf842c8e9.jpglarge.IMG_2997.jpg.95664094347747d689ba83eccef5b7f4.jpglarge.IMG_2998.jpg.80eaf323c9839592366584bafb623b6b.jpg

That's really something ZD.... 👍😀   I never saw a Pelikan barrel shaped like that.

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Aloha fountain pen friends. I'm (as often is the case) in a Japanese mood, so I've inked up my (second hand) O-hashido pen (from Sendai) with Mitsuo-Yasaka ink from Lichtope of Tokyo. (I can't recommend the shop's pen grinding enough if you ever find yourself in the city (between Ebisu and Daikanyama). https://www.mituo.co.jp/

The notebook (on the first page) is Tsubame, although my writing pad is a basic MINTRA.

Ohashido1.jpg

Ohashido2.jpg

Today's journal pen is a purple Lorelei 667 EF filled with Diamine Vivaldi. Never dries out! So pretty.

Forgive me for reusing my old photo... same ink, same paper...

large.Lorelei667_EF_DiamineVivaldi.jpg.28f8150af42fd532df4be03c8156d1b8.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Nothing too special inked up today.

Left to right

MoonMan Q2, fine, Diamine Damson (which is not as dry as some would have me believe)

Kaweco Sport, broad, Levenger Cardinal Red

Asvine P136, 1.1 stub, Levenger Cardinal Red

Moonman C1, fine, Birmingham Pens Monarch (inaugural day for both)

Jinhao 992, extra fine, KTC

FanMu double, both fine, Noodler's Nikita and Brevity Blue

Cheap school pen, Noodler's Bay State Blue (only a sample and can't see the end of it soon enough!)

Recife Deposé, medium-fine, Quink blue-black (this is an excellent writer!)

Jinhao 82 fitted with a glass dip nib

Platinum pocket pen, music nib, Platinum blue (cleaning this today)

Platinum Preppy, 02/extra fine, Noodler's Sequoia (magic ink, the more I use this pen the more ink there is in it!)

Pilot Petit, fine, Pilot blue

20240123_063659.jpg

I'm using an Osmia 48 with guilloche pattern today. The pen is from the 1950's and is one of the bigger ones Osmia produced

large.Osmia48guilloche.jpg.ecf90e1bf9100277ea982aa91e622ffa.jpg

Today I am using a Sheaffer Snorkel Admiral,

filled with Diamine Purple Rain (a German exclusive).

Pilot black Metal Falcon, F nib, with Aurora Black.

On 1/22/2024 at 1:58 PM, Misfit said:

I plan on using a True Writer today. I was looking at Gold Spot, and saw their suggestions for Winter pens. I have one they suggested, plus another came to mind. Both have stub nibs, so they will interrupt the week of True Writers. 

Oh, they are the Kaweco Frosted natural coconut, which Gold Spot mentioned, and the Retro 51 Silver Lining.   I think the Kaweco Iridescent Pearl would qualify too. 

I love stub nibs. Enjoy your True Writer. I remember when most cities would have a Levenger shop.

11 hours ago, Nethermark said:

I'm using an Osmia 48 with guilloche pattern today. The pen is from the 1950's and is one of the bigger ones Osmia produced

Lovely pen. I am not familiar with this pen. Timeless and gorgeous nib!

I got a pen in the mail today, so I’m using it. It shipped from Ireland!  

large.IMG_0426.jpeg.a30502d9f004a7113e3fb6633dac5ae7.jpeg

I bought it to go with a Levenger Circa Jotlet. No converter supplied, so I’m using the cartridge it came with. It has a fine nib. 

large.IMG_0424.jpeg.5ac883aa42219fbbc2e19c48eddf35ee.jpeg

Posted Image

Jinhao 9019, Diamine Writer's Blood

IMG_0696.jpg

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

Today it's mostly been three pens:

Parker Silver Pearl Vac Major, F(?) nib, with diluted vintage Quink Permanent Violet.

Noodler's FPC Vulcan's Coral (I think), with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Pelikan M205 Blue Marbled, M nib, still with diluted Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Last night's journal entry was written with a Sailor Shikiori Yozakura filled with Iroshizuku Tsukushi. I've been focused on writing out the (far too many!) inked pens pulled from hiding spaces to populate the stands in my Pen Cabinet to be allowed to fill another, but I had this overwhelming need for something pretty... Defiance. In pink. 💗

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Using the LAMY 2000 with Diamond Denim right now.  The pen is delightful, and I always look forward to its coming up in the rotation.

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
"Modern Life®️? It’s rubbish! 🙄" - Mercian

I wrote my journal entry today with a Montblanc 244 grey striated EF, inked with Montblanc Elvis Old Glory Blue. The experience was most gratifying.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I’m using a True Writer in Sea Glass with F nib filled with Sailor Shikiori Souten. 

Posted Image

wacher aizu urushi ebony with a flex jowo f.  wancher black - using up their free sample cartridges that came with the pen.

Today’s pen is a Morison pocket pen, I am using a Platinum adapter for international cartridges in it. The cartridge is Monteverde Brown. I wrote about my first flight of the day in a Log+Jotter pocket notebook. Thanks to @Lithium466 for the ink and notebook, they pair well with the pen, which is a rather soft fine. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery