What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Asvine blue P20 with Diamine Blue Lightning ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure I could find a nice early double jewel Parker 51 over on the Parker51 site. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

9 hours ago, Claes said:

These two, which finally arrived in an "express"-parcel from the UK yesterday. 14 days in transport sounds abnormal, unless they were using rowboats.

atLast.jpg.10f47dc75740c1bb287a826edaa1fbff.jpg

Some time these deliveries seem like they're walking it over.

IMG_3880.jpeg.7250c73fbc91ad93fb4304cae8770b43.jpeg

Still on my buying spree and this is one of my favorites so far: a Pelikan M101N Lizard with an EF nib. Sure, it's a nail, but a silky smooth one that holds a ridiculous amount of the well behaved Pelikan Edelstein Onyx ink, which I know because it has a functional ink window. A+ job Pelikan!

IMG_4417.thumb.jpeg.20479e36d44c8cd3804966f9d303f0ae.jpeg

Sorry pre-caffeinated entry. Got the day weirdly off.

2 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

AND the response was???

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Today it's been:

1) Senator calligraphy pen, black (not sure what the nib width is) -- some unknown reconstituted black ink which might be modern Skrip Black (I bought a bottle of Skrip Black at the same estate sale company's showroom sale where I got that pen and also the unknown model Reform pen that had the Westinghouse logo on it).

2. Lamy al-Star, Gold and Black (F nib) -- Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot.

3. Noodler's FPC, Vulcan's Coral (flex nib) -- Noodler's Heart of Darkness. 

4. Pelikan M205 Blue Marbled (M nib) -- diluted Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

And I thought that the time it took UPS and the USPS to deliver the T-shirts I got my husband for Christmas was bad; the address for the company was Greensburg, PA (an hour's drive from my house) -- but they've moved production to the Las Vegas area.  So the package went from Vegas to some sort facility in Arizona.  Then NO updates for four days, when the bar code was next scanned in a sort facility to the southwest of Columbus, OH; and then ANOTHER four days to get to the Pittsburgh area (roughly 3-1/2 hours from Columbus -- ask me how many times I've been to OPS (plus the roughly 8 years I drove down to southern Mississippi and back for my husband's sideline business, and drove through the town where the Columbus area sort facility is --- and back).  And I started ear worming the old Simon & Garfunkel song "America" every time I said "Where is my package?  This is supposed to be a CHRISTMAS PRESENT!" to UPS and the T-shirt company's customer service people -- who ARE in Greensburg, PA (only the ear worm changed the lyrics to something like "it took me four days to hitchhike from south Ohio").

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Loving the turtle.

Most of today's writing has been with a Pelikan Level and Pelikan 4001 Konigsblau. I know a lot of people find this a boring ink, but I really enjoy the reminder of my childhood.

I’m going to use the Opus 88 Picnic pens in the order I got them. Brown will be today, followed by blue, purple, then green. 

Posted Image

I used a metallic turquoise Hero 360° inked with Kuretake Meiji No Iro Shimbashi-Iro today.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

A few of the pens I used today:

View Corona Bright White 52gsm     (CLICK A FEW TIMES FOR LARGER AND LARGER OR CLICK OPEN IN NEW TAB)

IMG_5066800.thumb.jpg.33cac63fcc5a2768c4ef154b4bf98d26.jpg

Iroful Notebook 75gsm  

(Macassar sliver sheen overpowered ink color) 

IMG_5068.jpg.dda973bff51c3934110f94617b72773e.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

7 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

It's turtles all the way down, I'm afraid. 😆

I am unsure as to what that means.

Did they respond?

Did they even get your communication?

If it was my package, I would be on the phone to a supervisor and, if I was not satisfied, I WOULD ESCALATE!

I would want my money refunded, at least!

Just my opinion...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

@Gloucesterman The gif is just a meme I pulled off the internet. Sadly, no idea if or when or how it resolved.

"Turtles all the way down" was the answer someone gave when asked what was underneath the turtle that the four elephants that carried the world stood on. As a Terry Pratchett fan, I found this hilarious. Out of context, I can see why it sounds like gibberish. My bad.

16 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Loving the turtle.

Most of today's writing has been with a Pelikan Level and Pelikan 4001 Konigsblau. I know a lot of people find this a boring ink, but I really enjoy the reminder of my childhood.

I think that's the ink that comes in the gift box of my new M101N. Fingers crossed I like it too!

@USG nice pens and inks. I really like that Saratoga Sea. So many ink special properties seem to disappear with smaller nibs, but this one shows the color shift really nicely. Which is unfortunate, because I really don't need to buy another ink. 😁

Inking up my new (to me) Stylochap gray lizard today.

Stylochap1.thumb.jpg.419b848b35c1f4e1e593e78013f21964.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

6 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

@USG nice pens and inks. I really like that Saratoga Sea. So many ink special properties seem to disappear with smaller nibs, but this one shows the color shift really nicely. Which is unfortunate, because I really don't need to buy another ink. 😁

Hi DilettanteG

I think you mean Diamine Sargasso Sea.  It's a dark blue shading ink that has some sheen to it, I like it a lot but the only problem is that it has a strong moldy smell.

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

1 minute ago, USG said:

Hi DilettanteG

I think you mean Diamine Sargasso Sea.  It's a dark blue shading ink that has some sheen to it, I like it a lot but the only problem is that it has a strong moldy smell.

Ah yes, you're quite right. Pre caffeinated me isn't always exactly accurate with the details. And this sinus headache isn't helping matters.

Thanks for the heads up on the smell. I guess the silver lining of my allergies, or maybe my years of working in Analytical Chemistry , is that they have weakened my sense of smell. Handy when you have to clean horse stalls everyday.Still, now I don't have to rush out a snag a bottle. My already crowded new inks shelf sends its regards.

Today’s list was written out with my 1928 Waterman’s desk pen, inked with Waterman Inspired Blue. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery