What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

20240109_204519.jpg

Using right now:

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Montegrappa Elmo 02 "F" nib running Ferris Wheel Misguided Mistletoe

Pilot 845 "F" nib running Noodler's Cayenne, Narwhal New York "F" nib running DeAtramentis Cyan Blue-Copper

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool, two Voyager pens in a row. Very different pens, but same name.  

Posted Image

Jinhao 80 1.1 Lamy Italic

Diamine Florida Blue

Stalogy Notebook

Click for Larger

IMG_5005 800.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Staedtler M calligraphy, inked with Staedtler Pink. Not my favorite, but it’s handy for art stuff and my daily ink journal needed something lighter than the usual fare. Switched to a black Parker Arrow F inked with ‘90s Quink Black that burped, so I think it’s time for a cleanse. That will bring me down to 15 pens inked, but no black until I figure out the next wave of pens. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

ATM these four are my daily use pens. A Nakaya Desk Pen with a Fine Soft + Spencerian grind from nibs.com (resulting in the most needle of needlepoint grinds I have ever seen; I thought it's unusable at first; these days I love the pen). A Danish 1940s Montblanc Masterpiece Coral Red. A Pilot Metal Falcon with an SEF nib (love it). And a Pilot Custom 912 with an FA nib + Spencerian grind from nibs.com (*very* different from the Spencerian grind on the Nakaya).

image.thumb.jpeg.640404d1d9581ada0e213fe332ebb9c2.jpeg

@langere

That is a beautiful pen! Love those new 14k Visconti nibs. And that material for the pen body... very cool. Also love that it has a screw cap. I have a Voyager Alpha Centauri with that friction/magnet cap which seals so badly that the pen will have its entire ink reservoir dried out within days.

Today it's been the Reform "Westinghouse" pen, F? nib, still with a cartridge of reconstituted Edelstein Amethyst from the first Pelikan Hub I attended (I'll get through this cartridge if it's the last thing I ever do -- except of course that I have a bunch more cartridges when this one is finally emptied); and the Lady Sheaffer 620, M nib, still with modern Skrip Blue (starting to think that I might need a slightly drier in in the 620, although writing with it is very smooth...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today I have my two latest acquisitions inked up. My Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age and my Montblanc Starwalker Black Cosmos. I'm definitely still in the "honeymoon" phase with both, as I can't find enough things to write down. I hope I'm not the only one who goes through this every time they get a new pen...

"Live like you were dying" ~Tim McGraw.  Truer words have never been spoken, and you'll never know that until you've had to fight for your life.

A Lamy Studio Dark Brown with a 1.1mm italic nib filled with Kaweco Caramel Brown. 

large.IMG_0403.jpeg.b5fa95a52c05abe4eb7d62b026cc3860.jpeg

Posted Image

Trip via bus to the city, back tomorrow:

• Sailor Hoscal F inked with L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Oconto
  • Sheaffer Valor with fine cursive italic grind by Mike Masuyama inked with PenBBS 278 Lhasa City
  • Osmiroid left-foot oblique fine italic Easy Change nib in a Faber-Castell School+ pen inked with Diamine/Papier & Stift should i type or should i write
  • Intended to bring a Cordovan brown Demi Parker 51 vac with gold-filled cap, that I played with yesterday. It has a nice extrafine nib that I misrembered as medium (I prefer extrafine, so it felt kinda like getting a new pen) and inked with a beautiful soft blue that I neglected to note of my spreadsheet of inked pens (I think it might be diluted L'Artisan Pastellier Classique Bleu). Instead, I mistakenly brought an uninked Cordovan brown Parker 51 aero with gold-filled cap. Oopity oops oops oops.

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

Parker Duofold

IMG_0676.jpg

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, Andy1883 said:

Parker Duofold

IMG_0676.jpg

Good looking pen but quite a broad nib there Andy! 

Matte Black Sheaffer Fashion I, mystery green ink. The nib on this one seems finer than my other Fashions, but it came from my friend Stewart who may have altered it. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Today’s pen is a Levenger True Writer in Sea Glass (the older version) with a F nib. I filled it with Sailor Shikiori Souten. The last time I filled this pen with this ink was the first time I used the ink. I was expecting a turquoise ink. Nope. So I emptied the converter, and filled it with Faber-Castell Cognac. Today I wanted that ink in the pen. 

large.IMG_0408.jpeg.e4de125aa1b94110cc4fcb161577923a.jpeg

Posted Image

P"51" with Quink black.

P45 with Waterman Audacious Red. Parker don't make a red ink so I bought a non Parker ink for the first time.

I finally replaced horrible patchy red ball points for marking paid invoices. Why it took me 20+years I cannot explain.

So far seems to be working well and

15 hours ago,  Andy1883 said: 

Parker Duofold

IMG_0676.jpg

Good looking pen but quite a broad nib there Andy! 

Poor choice of paper Stompie ☹️

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

Journal time was late today... Lamy Safari White with Black Clip 2022 SE, fine nib, filled with Lamy Black. Love the pencilly-feedback from the PVD nib on this one. 🖤

Will work for pens... :unsure: