What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

1980s era Pellikan P1 Twist, F (?) nib -- still with Edelstein Star Ruby.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today it’s the TWSBI Eco in Indigo and Bronze, filled with Colorverse Show-Me Missouri. It has a 1.1mm stub nib of course. 

Posted Image

Jinhao X159 (M)

Ferris Wheel Press Blue Beryl Tonic

Kokuyo Soft Ring Notebook (80pgs)

Besides feathering with Sailor, Iroshizuku and Edelstein inks

Paper was too slippery for this ink, skipping required heavy pressure

CLICK FOR LARGER

IMG_4982800.jpg.701b7784ef7c43f460e09deec9eb41fa.jpg

IMG_4984800.jpg.52c009a57361a7ce155e176c3e2173f6.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Today, so far, it's been the M200 Café Crème, B nib, with Edelstein Topaz (a bright cheery color for a fairly gloomy day).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So far today I have used a blue Sheaffer No Nonsense IF, inked with Skrip Green (teal), a Sheaffer Lady 632 M inked with Skrip Red, and a translucent blue CT Cross Century II F inked with Cross Blue-Black. There’s still a whole lot of day left, and 13 other pens inked, so I may be back later.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Today it's my Parker Golden Pearl Major Fine inked in Waterman Serenity Blue.  Such an easy writer, very little pressure needed and still as smoothe as can be.  Haven't used the pencil in awhile - just the pen.

geha schulfueller om with montblanc permanent blue

Today I received a brand new 1995-vintage Montblanc Prince Regent, still in the box, from Fountain Pen Hospital.  It was an impulsive purchase and I opened it up and dipped it in the bottle.  It took a few dozen wind and unwind cycles before the pen bubbled in the ink well and sucked in the ink, and when it did, it wrote very nicely.  I’ve promised myself I’ll write most of my notes with it all week.

This is a really striking pen, though, and I am self conscious so I won’t write in public with it because it’s kind of “too much”. I have other nice Montblanc pens but they are more subtle.  What I liked about this pen when I saw the photo was that it looked like a Laban Skeleton, but nicer.  However, there is such a thing as “too nice” many places one might pull a pen out.  

Anyway it is a beautiful piece and I just have to get used to it

IMG_0002.jpeg

Lamy Aion (M)

Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue

Kokuyo Soft Ring Notebook  (Feathers)

CLICK FOR LARGER

1056336789_IMG_27121024.thumb.jpg.faa6e8fa44dafcdb8412a0c852279bd1.jpg

CLICK TO SEE FEATHERING

IMG_5002800.jpg.1aaeb75aa91a9eb4396c5ac09795d5e9.jpg

Pilot Kakuno with a medium nib and a Pilot Black cartridge.  Empty now. Off to the sink.

large.PilotKakunoM.jpg.38159e8165e1f0fee954b378b90a3759.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

10 hours ago, JohnRobison said:

Today I received a brand new 1995-vintage Montblanc Prince Regent, still in the box, from Fountain Pen Hospital.  It was an impulsive purchase and I opened it up and dipped it in the bottle.  It took a few dozen wind and unwind cycles before the pen bubbled in the ink well and sucked in the ink, and when it did, it wrote very nicely.  I’ve promised myself I’ll write most of my notes with it all week.

This is a really striking pen, though, and I am self conscious so I won’t write in public with it because it’s kind of “too much”. I have other nice Montblanc pens but they are more subtle.  What I liked about this pen when I saw the photo was that it looked like a Laban Skeleton, but nicer.  However, there is such a thing as “too nice” many places one might pull a pen out.  

Anyway it is a beautiful piece and I just have to get used to it

IMG_0002.jpeg

Hi JR

I remember that pen! 😀👍  Nice new-in-the box acquisition. 👍😀  I have quite a few pens from Fountain Pen Hospital.  Always a pleasure to deal with them.

Which nib did they put in that pen, what paper and how does it write?  Does the nib have any bounce?

large.SailorPGSMiniinRoseTaupewritinginTACCIAUkiyo-eUtamaroUme-murasaki.jpg.4b3aac92e8423d2c21e36094a06408da.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

4 minutes ago, Misfit said:

That is an attractive pen,

Yes, I think so too. Thus it's the fourth colour out of six in that release of the Sailor Professional Gear Slim Mini that I bought. I just wish I had the money, carry-on weight allowance, and the appetite for risking having to pay tax (for not just the ‘offending’ item, but everything I was bringing back from Japan) at the border on reentry into Australia, to have snapped up the last two that day on the spot.

I have one of the second release colours, after the slight redesign of the pen model (in which it lost the external thread near the end of the barrel), … and it just isn't the same experience, even if the shimmering Night Blue resin is more eye-catching.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Mainly my TWSBI Eco with Pilot Iroshizuku kon-peki 🖋️

Today it's the Pilot Custom 743 F nib, Iroshizuko Syo-Ro

Today it's been one of the Noodler's FPC pens (I think it's the Vulcan's Coral one), flex nib, with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Blue Parker 45 F Arrow, inked with a cartridge of Quink Permanent Blue (France). 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Today’s pen is a Conklin Duragraph Voyager with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Diamine Salamander. 

Posted Image