What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

30 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@Mark from Yorkshire I have a Narwhal Key West Las Coloradas with M nib. I had issues with it. When looking for reviews, I learned the nib has a sweet spot. I haven’t used the pen much. It’s a pretty sparkling purple pen, but that nib. I recently bought some Nemosine stub nibs. The Las  Coloradas has moved to the front of the line to get one. 

It’s not so much how it writes, it is more the shape, colour and size. That and the threads for the cap are at the front of the section making it uncomfortable to write with and grip. All my other pens that, the cap screws on have them at the back. 

the pen is just not either Aesthetically or ergonomically pleasing at all. 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

deleted

Edited by Mark from Yorkshire
Multiple post

deleted

Edited by Mark from Yorkshire
Multiple post

White Jinhao 82 (F?) w/Diamine Monboddo's Hat (purple).

Writing checks.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

56 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@Mark from Yorkshire can you return or exchange it?

No as it was Christmas present from family, I just hope given time that it grows on me and I warm to it. Putting it in display case was not one of my brightest ideas. 

So far today it's been the Vac Silver Pearl Major, F(?) nib, still with diluted vintage Quink Permanent Violet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This Just In

large.20240106_141212.jpg.9a10e3ac5b0b5dc879206bc841879d2f.jpg

My new Lamy Studio Special Edition in Matte Rose with a 14k extra fine nib. I'm kind of a Lamy fanboy and am especially fond of the Studio. I think it offers a great upgrade over the Safari (Et al) lineup that is close* to the high quality writing experience of the 2000 without the much higher price point. To me, the Studio pens offer the best value of the Lamy pens.

Of the five Sudios I have, three have a gold nib. One each in Medium, Fine and Extra Fine. The other two are a steel medium and 1.1 mm stub. All five with a different color ink.

These are excellent pens and I could live with Lamy Studios if I were forced to only pick one model of one brand. Luckily I don't have to.

I've come to a point where I write mostly with either one of my Montblanc, Lamy 2000 or Lamy Studio pens for the majority of my daily writing. That's how well I regard the Studios. 

large.20240106_141600.jpg.51738a40f42ec0224d3277b22b9a1baa.jpg

As you can see I have sadly run out of space on the 5th floor of Maison de Plume for any more Lamy pens. I'm hoping I'll be alright with that....

For now.

* The Lamy2000 and Studio write quite differently. The Studio, however, is a quality writing experience also

n+1

circa '49 Esterbrook Deluxe/Waterman Serenity Blue

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Lamy Safari Black -- I just re-inked it with Diamine Onyx Black,

since Lamy's own Black seems to make the pen a slow starter 😞

2 hours ago, Baka1969 said:

As you can see I have sadly run out of space on the 5th floor of Maison de Plume for any more Lamy pens.

Nah, you add a floor and split them into two groups: Safari-style and the others. Then you have a long way to go.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

A great way to start 2024 just right:

• Newton Pens Knickerbocker to house a Bock 380 CI spare - the section screws out for easy cleaning per Shawn 😍This was a love at first sight end of 2023 must have.
    • Ink: hard to get the color recipe right - Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku-rin + Hotaru-bi + Namiki Black
  • FPR QuickDraw with #5 ultraflex: my favorite FPR of all 6 different models I have, a quick magnetic deploy flex noter
    • Ink: Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher

large.fpn20240106.jpg.96ce6ade8fbf8c3b0a9a96382726bae2.jpg

On 1/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, AmandaW said:

A Pilot Custom 74 Wine Red F filled with Sailor Doyou. I'm hoping it will help budge a stain left in the section by R&K Alt Bordeaux.  I soaked it and put it through an ultrasonic cleaner a bunch of times over several days without much improvement.

If the Doyou doesn't fix it, what then? I do have some R&K pen cleaner (meant for their SketchInks?), maybe try that. I would prefer to avoid stripping it down cos I don't trust it to go back together and write as nicely as it does now. -> 🙀

If you can use several fills and keep it loaded, then Doyou should work just fine.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today’s log book pen is a Levenger True Writer Oceanic Blue filled with Diamine Mediterranean Blue. 

Posted Image

8 hours ago, peroride said:

A great way to start 2024 just right:

• Newton Pens Knickerbocker to house a Bock 380 CI spare - the section screws out for easy cleaning per Shawn 😍This was a love at first sight end of 2023 must have.
    • Ink: hard to get the color recipe right - Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku-rin + Hotaru-bi + Namiki Black
  • FPR QuickDraw with #5 ultraflex: my favorite FPR of all 6 different models I have, a quick magnetic deploy flex noter
    • Ink: Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher

large.fpn20240106.jpg.96ce6ade8fbf8c3b0a9a96382726bae2.jpg

That yellow and green pen is incredibly cool looking!

Platinum 3776

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pilot Kakuno and Pilot IC50 black ink cartridge.