• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan M250 amber demonstrator w/14K medium nib and Noodler's LA Coulour Royale ink.20220309_205031.thumb.jpg.a33b07d4098b405c949f415ba35c09d9.jpg

Edited by flodoc
Replaces duplicate entry.

A Faber-Castell Ambition and an Opus 88 Picnic that decided to swab nib units with each other for a day.

large.2069461544_F-CAmbitionandOpus88Picnicwitheachothersnibs.jpg.d5624d2e9ab49f00644ecef269b9f443.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

A Faber-Castell Ambition and an Opus 88 Picnic that decided to swab nib units with each other for a day.

large.2069461544_F-CAmbitionandOpus88Picnicwitheachothersnibs.jpg.d5624d2e9ab49f00644ecef269b9f443.jpg

Thanks for that, made me smile. 😉

12 hours ago, HauntedMyst said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5cfa86bc2ad658667a0740912b4abf2d.jpeg

Cool effect. My MMC2's cap is wrapped in washi tape like a bandage to hide the cracks (I've dropped it a couple of, few times).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I had been using Pelikan pens exclusively for the past 11 months, time to move on to a different manufacturer and country.  I have just inked up my Sailor 1911L with a HB nib, 21K, and I will use it for a month until I switch to my Pilot 912 with a WA nib.

FYI, this broad nib is about the same as a Pelikan fine nib.  Both good however 👴🏻

E822C150-D245-4B81-9049-B9128CE7C3EE.jpeg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

Today's journal pen was a Pilot Lady F filled with the new Pilot Iroshizuku Sui-gyoku ink - brighter and lighter than the Syo-ro I tried first and I think a better match, but not quite as contrasty on the page. I still think it's a happy pairing because some days I really need a bright cheery ink.

large.pilot_lady_suigyoku.jpg.9ee63eca3e5464c001aba89de8994fba.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Don't mind my ugly penmanship. Just switched the medium nib on Kaweco Classic Sport - I think it is more classic than EF.20220311_234507.thumb.jpg.4876d9c96d46e0b428561ab3475e14e1.jpg

MB 144 B with Diamine Earl Grey, Ooly green Splendid Pen with Ooly purple, an unknown matte peach lacquered metal Asian pen with an all metal section that has finger grooves and a hooded XF nib (bought it because it has a silver penguin on it), and a clear blue Sheaffer’s No Nonsense with a B calligraphy nib inked with peacock blue. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery