What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

16 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

@RedPie I love the twin dragons. It looks like the elusive "blunt object" from a compelling Victorian murder mystery novel.

LOL, it feels like it too, very heavy. It writes very smooth and I did get used to the weight pretty fast! 🏋️‍♂️

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AmandaW said:

Schmidt nib unit with a fine nib which, I'm hoping, will swap straight in

If that doesn’t work, you can pull the nib or nib and feed out, and put the Schmidt nib and feed into the Levenger housing for the nib and feed. It has a wider collar when you look at it in the section. I tried an unbranded Edison nib in one of my True Writers. I think it would work, but there are subtle differences. 

in this thread, I posted photos of the two nib units.  Scroll down to see that. One photo is out of focus. 

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, Misfit said:

If that doesn’t work, you can pull the nib or nib and feed out, and put the Schmidt nib and feed into the Levenger housing for the nib and feed. It has a wider collar when you look at it in the section. I tried an unbranded Edison nib in one of my True Writers. I think it would work, but there are subtle differences. 

Thankyou

Will work for pens... :unsure:

So far today, it's been the P1 Twist, F(?) nib, that was swag from this year's Pelikan Hub, currently still with Edelstein Star Ruby, and the M205 Blue Marbled, F nib, still with diluted Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Have just inked a Sheaffer Imperial Touchdown

for the first time.

imperial.jpg

20 minutes ago, Claes said:

Have just inked a Sheaffer Imperial Touchdown

for the first time.

imperial.jpg

I have three of the reissues with factory stub nibs. I'm not normally a heavier, metal pen fan, but those are a pleasure. I didn't even know they came in sets. Looks very spiffy!

I hopped on that Sheaffer train this morning, with the “Dolphin” in black EF, inked with Skrip Deluxe Blue. Still working on writing out the Pilot leather pen with a Pilot Sepia cartridge. I need to write some more out so I can ink the Xmas presents!

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Jinhao 80 (B) Lamy nib

Robert Oster NG Special

APICA Notebook

Click for larger

IMG_4964800.jpg.cc6190f12a5be0af967618b9e2d1c3b3.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

I’m using a Levenger True Writer Amethyst demonstrator with B nib. It’s filled from a sample of Diplomat Lilac. 

Posted Image

On 12/5/2023 at 8:26 PM, Baka1969 said:

20231120_133921.thumb.jpg.21698000acb8bb73015d9e043815ad31.jpg

Wonderful Diplomat pen, @Baka1969, thanks for sharing! 

15 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

Cool Case. Looks like it does a solid job protecting your pens.

Thank you, yes, it is sturdy and feels very good all around. 

Today I finally got to ink a Pilot Justus 95, with 14k-gold FM nib. It's an extraordinary pen in hand and has that little mechanism to change wetness that works great. I'm smitten! (Thanks to the FPN friends who pointed me to this pen, particularly @A Smug Dill.) 

The pen is a beauty to hold and a pleasure to use. Figures 1 and 2 illustrate what I mean by this. 

large.20240104_120840.jpg.123e3a1204f0e5078317b1cb69ed8de8.jpg

Figure 1. The Pilot Justus 95 in action. 

large.20240104_120745.jpg.bffe5650dde5cc805f37f2210fa25f58.jpg

Figure 2. The Justus 95 nib in its glory, next to the wetness mechanism. The tongue above the nib slides toward or from the tipping, controlled with the rotating knob - turn right, as indicated by the printed "S >>", to get a softer, wetter nib; turn left, as indicated by the "<< H" print, for the opposite. 

For the fan of precision: It's a Pilot Justus 95 Net Black, code FJ-3MR-NB-FM. There are other kinds, particularly the Stripe Black, whose equivalent code is FJ-3MR-SB-FM. The other kinds of nibs are F and M. 

For further precision: There's a 1970s version as well, created together with a pen association from Japan. More details are beyond the scope of this post. 

Enjoy and thanks for reading. 

17 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Wonderful Diplomat pen, @Baka1969, thanks for sharing! 

Thanks! It's an amazing looking pen that's a terrific writer and feels great in the hand. Gotta love the clicking sound when closing the cap. A real fidget pen. 

n+1

1 minute ago, Baka1969 said:

It's an amazing looking pen that's a terrific writer and feels great in the hand. Gotta love the clicking sound when closing the cap. A real fidget pen. 

I feel penabled now, @Baka1969 😁 The itch of acquiring one is getting felt.