What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 12/31/2023 at 7:47 AM, MarcoA63 said:

Modern Pelikan M600 green/black body.

lovely. A green M600 was not my first fountain pen, but it is the one that made me the insane Pelikan fan I am today, and still probably my favorite pen.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's journal pen will be an olive green Wing Sung 601a Vacumatic filled with Diamine Salamander.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Onto Excel and Magna in that order.

I’m using a Kaweco Sport Classic in Bordeaux, with a M nib, with a cartridge of Kaweco Ruby Red ink. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

@Baka1969 is the middle one the Sport Classic green version?

Yepper! It's my EDC beater. It's not my best pen, it's not my favorite pen, it writes quite broad for a medium nib. What it does do is work when it's needed and is great to clip to my shirt. 

n+1

Jinhao 999 Twins Dragon inked with Sailor Blue Black

Pilot Petit 1 inked with Monteverde Ink Lion

Jinhao 82 inked with Private Reserve Ink Sherwood Green

IMG_6725.jpg.3176970d00211046dd6c497f3339784a.jpg

Today I am using a Majohn A1.  The nib was essentially useless out of the box, but after some adjustment and smoothing it is the best EF I have ever used.  

IMG_4827.thumb.jpeg.521fee32227bb1b52a21a88fb46b5a9c.jpeg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A2 (Fine) - Montblanc Irish Green

Parker "51" Aerometric (Broad, England) - Waterman Black

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refill

@Baka1969 Those are adorable. Are they as small as they look?

@RedPie I love the twin dragons. It looks like the elusive "blunt object" from a compelling Victorian murder mystery novel.

@Waverly It looks like a stealth Decimo. Very Cool design.

Already had this M200 Smoky Quartz inked up, but replaced its extra fine nib with a gold plated Pelikan IB nib. It's soothingly smooth, as was the EF, but sometimes you just want to lay down some seriously large swaths of ink:

IMG_4320.thumb.jpeg.30d242cf06d15bfafb37d65d031d169a.jpeg

As always, my daily journal is a hard cover 9" leather bound Graphic Image. I've hoarded enough of them to last for several years. They make me feel all fancy ;)

4 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

@Baka1969 Those are adorable. Are they as small as they look?

@RedPie I love the twin dragons. It looks like the elusive "blunt object" from a compelling Victorian murder mystery novel.

@Waverly Ot looks like a stealth Decimo. Very Cool design.

Already had this M200 Smoky Quartz inked up, but replaced its extra fine nib with a gold plated Pelikan IB nib. It's soothingly smooth, as was the EF, but sometimes you just want to lay down some seriously large swaths of ink:

IMG_4320.thumb.jpeg.30d242cf06d15bfafb37d65d031d169a.jpeg

As always, my daily journal is a hard cover 9" leather bound Graphic Image. I've hoarded enough of them to last for several years. They make me feel all fancy ;)

The Kawecos are 105 mm in length while capped, 100 mm uncapped, but expand to 130 mm posted. 

n+1

Thanks, under 4" sounds really handy. I've started collecting the Pelikan M101Ns and am quite enamored with the smaller side that turns into a perfectly balanced comfortable length when posted. Quite a change from the heavy, over sized pens I was collecting at one point.

2 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

Needed to ink up the old work horse to write some checks. This probably one of my blandest pens, but it's always in the rotation:

IMG_4327.thumb.jpeg.353c030612ac509b743145d4e8c40cf9.jpeg

Watch out! You could be banned over in the Montblanc forum for bashing a 146 like that…😛

Bland? I would call it an always-appropriate classic. Like a black dinner jacket or evening gown.

13 hours ago, Baka1969 said:

Yepper! It's my EDC beater. It's not my best pen, it's not my favorite pen, it writes quite broad for a medium nib. What it does do is work when it's needed and is great to clip to my shirt. 

I thought my Bordeaux Sport was a B, but when I looked at the nib, it was an M. Maybe it’s the ink. I have the three pens in your photo. Pen twins!

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

I thought my Bordeaux Sport was a B, but when I looked at the nib, it was an M. Maybe it’s the ink. I have the three pens in your photo. Pen twins!

Great pens think alike. lol

n+1

My log book pen is the TWSBI Eco Creme and Rose Gold with 1.1mm stub nib that was in today’s mail. I put Diamine Chocolate brown in it. 

Posted Image

Today's journal pen is a Levenger True Writer Pinkly with a medium nib and Iroshizuku Yama-budo. I do like the pen, it has a heft to it without feeling too heavy. The nib is very nice, smooth, appropriately wet etc, but not for me. I've found where I can order a  Schmidt nib unit with a fine nib which, I'm hoping, will swap straight in. The upside is that it uses lots of ink and fills the page quick.

large.IMG_20240103_191233_270.jpg.dff7890ca6a03b2c3941868bc10cc5dc.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure: