What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Today's journal pen is a Faber Castell School pen with an Osmiroid Easy Change extra fine italic nib and Sailor Doyou ink. This ink agrees with it very well, much nicer experience than the Sailor Blue or Waterman Absolute Brown. I'm now looking for other colours with the writing properties of Doyou...

Will work for pens... :unsure:

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Today's journal pen is a Faber Castell School pen with an Osmiroid Easy Change extra fine italic nib and Sailor Doyou ink. This ink agrees with it very well, much nicer experience than the Sailor Blue or Waterman Absolute Brown. I'm now looking for other colours with the writing properties of Doyou...

Maybe Kobe #51 Kano Cho Midnight Blue :)

Today? A Parker 45 (also known as Parker Harlequin 80) with XF nib, found at a local flea market. It is filled with Herbin/Lie de Thé.

p45.jpg

36 minutes ago, Claes said:

Today? A Parker 45 (also known as Parker Harlequin 80) with XF nib, found at a local flea market. It is filled with Herbin/Lie de Thé.

p45.jpg

The Harlequin is a nice pen! What kind of notebook are you using?

38 minutes ago, RedPie said:

The Harlequin is a nice pen! What kind of notebook are you using?

The Harlequin is resting on a Clairefontaine Europa Notemaker...

I have a few other brands, I have not yet decided which one

I like the best (except that Rhodia is w-a-y too slippery).

1 minute ago, Claes said:

The Harlequin is resting on a Clairefontaine Europa Notemaker...

I have a few other brands, I have not yet decided which one

I like the best (except that Rhodia is w-a-y too slippery).

Thank you very much!

Platinum 3776 and Asvine P36

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today, my red Jinhao 82, which has already lost its cap finial, and is loaded with Blackstone Cashmere Red, which has clearly concentrated from 8%, because it's easily as dark as what I usually see represented as Diamine Oxblood or Red Dragon.  Also the emerald acrylic FPR Himalaya, which has rehydrated Noodler's Brown, and the blue Jinhao 51A XF, filled with HoD.

Today it's been the Christmas present pen, the Pelikan M200 Cafe Crème, B nib (newly inked up with Edelstein Topaz).  But because I've had such bad luck with that model/color in the past, it's not leaving the house at the moment.  So, later on, when I run down the hill to the grocery store to get lottery tickets, and throw the losing ones in the "2nd Chance" kitty for a $25 gift card (which I can use either at the chain or at one of their connected brand gas stations) I've got the Lady Sheaffer 620, M nib (still with modern Skrip Blue in it) in my purse, to sign the back of the tickets with my name and phone #.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Modern PArker 51 plum with fine nib.

Nib is hardas as a nail, but the quick I k behaves rather well, which means it works well with paper that doesn't often play well with fountain pens. Field Notes & Moleskine work fine with it. As such,a decent EDC.

I’m using the pen and ink my brother gave me for Christmas. It’s a TWSBI Eco-T Rosso red with 1.1mm stub nib filled with Private Reserve Infinity Green. Very much a Christmas pen, and not too late to use I’d say. 

Posted Image

Jinhao X-159 (M)

Mrs. Stewart's Laundry Bluing

5th Fill

APICA B5 Twin Ring Notebook (70gsm) 

I made an interesting discovery with this blank Notebook.  Initially, I opened the Notebook from the side the APICA sticker was on and had been writing on the right hand side of the opened notebook.  I soon found that a lot of my inks, Iroshizuku, Edelstein and Sailor, feathered on this paper so I stopped using it.  Over the Holidays I gave it a good work out and discovered that the paper only feathered on one side.   Curiously, had the sticker been placed on the other cover, feathering would have been a non- issue.

CLICK FOR LARGER

IMG_4955800.jpg.a44563b7d7367d2eccd04a12a1509eff.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

was using the Onoto Magna until it ran out of ink and had to switch to the only pen still inked, the Speedball with a BB nib.

I guess it is time to clean and ink pens.

I’m using a DeLike New Moon green marble with a Nemosine 1.1mm stub nib, filled with Diamine Eau de Nil. 

Posted Image

Today's journal pen was a Pilot Custom 74 Wine Red with a  fine nib and R&K Alt Bordeaux.

it was rediscovered with just enough ink left in it for a couple of pages while going back through my Currently Inked book, digging out and testing the crazy number of forgotten pens. The ones that were dried out have been cleaned, those still working are all moved to my newly organised Pen Cabinet - a repurposed glass one with enough pen stand spaces to cope with even the current backlog! That's where inked pens live now cos, quite clearly, out of sight is out of mind around here so now they're on display: for me. :blush:

large.PilotCustom74-RK-AltBordeaux.jpg.e588ef8a8c49976421152ff5707745a4.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure: