What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

3 hours ago, Doug C said:

That came from Mark Twain.

Thank you. And it's still applies, especially in the hands or at the whim, of a skilled statistician!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I'm ink testing a few pens today with a couple variations of blue and blue/black ink - Conway Stewart Ebonite Churchill with what I'm calling a guillouch (sort of a chase) barrel and cap; a Parker Greenwich; a TWSBI 580 ALR; a Lamy Studio; and a Lamy Safari.

Today it's been the Lady Sheaffer 620, M nib, with modern Skrip Blue; and the Monteverde Strata, Omniflex nib, still with Platinum Classic Sepia Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, dms525 said:

Leonardo Audace Art Deco Red with a #8 1.1mm Stub nib.

IMG_5438.thumb.JPG.2d9b6749acd358d6975c4133052080cd.JPG

IMG_5439.thumb.JPG.402d8e6d05c615d6a54c3b8247404849.JPG

IMG_5440.thumb.JPG.f90ce4686e0c116ef9dc339ab2adca97.JPG

David

Beautiful pen in red!! How does stub write ?

Merry Christmas 

Cross Century II CT in translucent blue, F nib. Inked with Cross Blue-Black. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

3 hours ago, dms525 said:

Leonardo Audace Art Deco Red with a #8 1.1mm Stub nib.

IMG_5438.thumb.JPG.2d9b6749acd358d6975c4133052080cd.JPG

IMG_5439.thumb.JPG.402d8e6d05c615d6a54c3b8247404849.JPG

IMG_5440.thumb.JPG.f90ce4686e0c116ef9dc339ab2adca97.JPG

David

Leonardo has some of the nicest pens in the market now. Congratulations on your pen.

7 hours ago, kazoolaw said:

When new those were the “must have” pen on FPN.  

That was some time ago. Still love it, though.

3 hours ago, ak47 said:

Beautiful pen in red!! How does stub write ?

Merry Christmas 

The stub is a cursive italic, by my standards. This particular one is extra crisp.  Salvatore knows I use these for italic calligraphy. If he is aware a pen has been ordered for me, he grinds the nib for more line differentiation than the usual stub. He definitely knew this Audace was going to be mine.

David

2 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

Leonardo has some of the nicest pens in the market now. Congratulations on your pen.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks.

David

Today I dug out two fountain pens that I had nearly forgotten about, a pair of knock-offs I bought in 2009 in Beijing's Silk Market.  (I don't knowingly buy knock-offs anymore.)  So although I've owned them for almost 15 years, today was the first time I ever used them:

On the left there is a "Montblanc Meisterstruck" per the cap or a "Meistertruck" per the barrel and on the right is a "Parker Sonnet France" knockoff.  The MB knockoff was not exactly impressive as a writer, and I'm assessing that to be the quality of the knock-off.  The Sonnet knockoff (which I'm not even sure I knew at the time was a knockoff...I think I thought it was a nameless but pretty pen) actually writes quite well and is making me quite excited about the actual Parker that is on its way to me.  I only wrote with the "MB" until my hand could no longer take the discomfort, but I wrote with the "Sonnet" until it ran out of ink.

Knockoffs.thumb.jpg.60deafc3d8387ebacb60f6c0240567a8.jpg

Since I wrote the above, I also wrote with my Faber-Castell Hexo.  I tried it with a different ink today, and I found its EF nib much more pleasant than I did the other two inks I had tried it with. 

Edited by Janeite
Addition of new pen used today

ZeroDukeE, that's a very attractive Delta. It also looks like it puts out a nice line. Today (it's 6:50 AM here in California) I will be using a Montblanc 146 Burgundy. It is not only an attractive pen, but also a nice writer with a fine/medium nib that is on the soft side.

3 hours ago, yubaprof said:

ZeroDukeE, that's a very attractive Delta. It also looks like it puts out a nice line. Today (it's 6:50 AM here in California) I will be using a Montblanc 146 Burgundy. It is not only an attractive pen, but also a nice writer with a fine/medium nib that is on the soft side.

Thank you. Yes, nice lines and very smooth writing (nib made by Bock) but quite thirsty...  drinks the ink by the gallon.

Think Different

Classic Pelikan M600, F, filled with Diamine Presidential Blue, and, as mentioned elsewhere, a Pilot Explorer, F, filled with Iroshizuku Ku-jaku.