• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m using the Moonman C1 Christmas pen filled with Diamine Blue Edition Ho Ho Ho. I was going to use a Kaweco with stub nib, but couldn’t find it right away.  Both have the same ink. It’s red and green ink from here to at least the 26th. 

As for the glass graphic, I’m part optimist, realist, and wishful physicist.  

Posted Image

10 hours ago, Surlyprof said:

IMG_5303.jpeg.8eb7d80371fcb3765ac813de34149878.jpeg

:lticaptd:

LOVE this!  Just showed it to my husband but he couldn't read what the one in the center bottom said....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

OOOOH.  I don't think I have anything really exotic as far as Pelikan nibs go, except for an Italic nib that is now gracing the M200 with the Bayer logo on it that a friend got me as a joke gift on Freecycle (not realizing that it was probably a $100 pen that someone was just giving away -- I don't think it had ever been inked before she gave it to me -- and the box looked as if it was mint condition).  That nib came on the second M200 Café Crème when I got it, but I swapped it out for a B nib because it was such firehose.  The only ink that did well in that nib (in EITHER pen) was 4001 Brilliant Black.

Nope, I stand corrected.  I apparently also have an OB nib on the 1950s era 400.  But everything else is basically EF/F/M/B.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Parker Last Frontier polar edition and you guessed it Pelikan Edelstein Jade ink, I have theme here lol

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

55 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

Same pen, same ink, exciting new factory IB nib:

IMG_4239.thumb.jpeg.d6848267af048e58e36a4764405288f2.jpeg

IMG_4237.thumb.jpeg.c3cc588b5772d5ddb519de8043c4356c.jpeg

Oh cool, you have one of the Amber Pelikans. I think, according to the Pelikan’s Perch blog, that the Amber version is close to the same as the Cognac.  I have a Cognac Pelikan. 

Posted Image

55 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

Same pen, same ink, exciting new factory IB nib:

IMG_4239.thumb.jpeg.d6848267af048e58e36a4764405288f2.jpeg

IMG_4237.thumb.jpeg.c3cc588b5772d5ddb519de8043c4356c.jpeg

I wish my phone took nice macro pics like that. Cropping just pixelates mine with the cruddy phone I have. 

n+1

@inkstainedruth Girl, you need to treat yourself. Tell me you at least have a cheap set of Pilot Parallel Italics. live a little. 😁

@Misfit I’m not sure there’s any difference between the Amber and the Cognac either. It would be interesting to see them side by side, but no so interesting to me apparently that I will actually buy one.

@Baka1969 it’s an iphone 14 pro max. A massive splurge from last year for my birthday. Thanks Mr. Dilettante! I give credit entirely to the phone and Apple’s photo editor. Oh, and it’s taken with the built in 3x zoom.

10 minutes ago, Baka1969 said:

I wish my phone took nice macro pics like that. Cropping just pixelates mine with the cruddy phone I have. 

My brother taught me to take a photo wider than necessary, making your phone camera focus on the nib. Then crop the photo to show the nib. 

Posted Image

Just now, DilettanteG said:

@inkstainedruth Girl, you need to treat yourself. Tell me you at least have a cheap set of Pilot Parallel Italics. live a little. 😁

@Misfit I’m not sure there’s any difference between the Amber and the Cognac either. It would be interesting to see them side by side, but no so interesting to me apparently that I will actually buy one.

@Baka1969 it’s an iphone 14 max pro. A massive splurge from last year for my birthday. Thanks Mr. Dilettante! I give credit entirely to the phone and Apple’s photo editor. Oh, and it’s taken with the built in 3x zoom.

My current phone was supposed to have a good macro. So the salesperson said. They were totally wrong. My next phone will be a bit more of said splurge. I really want a good camera. 

n+1

1 minute ago, Misfit said:

My brother taught me to take a photo wider than necessary, making your phone camera focus on the nib. Then crop the photo to show the nib. 

That's what I try to do. No matter what setting I use, cropping just turns the pixels into huge blocks. lol

n+1

2 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

No, I don't have any of those, although I keep looking at them in a local art store (which also carries Leuchturm notebooks and -- sometimes -- Noodler's inks in some colors.  If I did calligraphy it may would be worth buying them.  But I have never actually used the Platignum five nib italic set I bought a few years ago when one of the area estate sale companies had a warehouse sale, and I ended up buy the set, a couple of flyers on calligraphy hands, and another pen (forget what now) for a whopping $4 US for EVERYTHING....