What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

3 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

Pelikan N101 Brown Tortoise with a broad nib. Maybe my new favorite pen!

IMG_4195.thumb.jpeg.30d93859d300a3e0ed7277a68b217895.jpeg

I have this pen and almost sold it. I'm so glad I didn't. It's a keeper. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

Pelikan N101 Brown Tortoise with a broad nib. Maybe my new favorite pen!

IMG_4195.thumb.jpeg.30d93859d300a3e0ed7277a68b217895.jpeg

Really a lovely pen. The size weight, and balance makes the M101Ns a joy to put in the hand…(yea, I‘m a Pelikan fanboi, what about it!?…)

I have a the Blue/Gray marbled version, but if I ever come across a tortoise like that, I will splurge for it!

IMG_1899.thumb.jpeg.c60d72ab660cc72d8bc15290cb96fa97.jpeg

One of my favorite holiday songs: Bing Crosby‘s “White Christmas.”

Favorite line: “…I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write…”

(NB: for holiday card writing, I find the Olivine just a little too dark, but my lighter green inks are in Germany at present, and I didn’t plan ahead enough to order a new bottle of green ink. The Edelstein Adventurine works better for me for this application.)

I opted for the Pilot Elite burgundy because it has the black ink cartridge in it, and that fits today. I didn’t calculate in the lost sleep from the night before. Too much snoozing in bed. Then later, I couldn’t stay awake in my chair. So black ink seemed fitting. Plus the pen is kind of fun. 

Posted Image

Nice!  The Azure Blue Pearl is probably my favorite Vac color -- and the only color I have two of (a 3rd Generation Sub-Debutante I got at my first pen show, and what I think is a Slender sized Speedline filler which has the striped jewels I got a more recent pen show).  

For the longest time I didn't realize that color was not JUST in the 3rd Gen pens, and then lucked into the Slender when I found out that they were also available as 2nd Gen pens and was going, "OMG -- WANT!  Must HAAAAAAVE!"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Nice!  The Azure Blue Pearl is probably my favorite Vac color -- and the only color I have two of (a 3rd Generation Sub-Debutante I got at my first pen show, and what I think is a Slender sized Speedline filler which has the striped jewels I got a more recent pen show).  

For the longest time I didn't realize that color was not JUST in the 3rd Gen pens, and then lucked into the Slender when I found out that they were also available as 2nd Gen pens and was going, "OMG -- WANT!  Must HAAAAAAVE!"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thanks! I must admit, it's my favorite Vac color as well. I only have the one but I may have to rectify that soon as this pen sees a lot of use. That 2nd Gen. definitely sounds like a must have!

27 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

@RobNYC the Vacuumatics are such a gorgeous pen!

I think I've got about a dozen pens inked now, so this may be my last new pen of the day until I write some dry. Until then, please enjoy the Pelikan M205 Star Ruby:

IMG_4198.thumb.jpeg.52e2f7f366e1d5dfa484bd8d69033ff4.jpeg

Thanks! I do love them quite a bit. Also a huge fan of Pelikan, and that's a nice one you have there!

The newly returned Conway Stewart NO.87 Pelikan Edelstein Jade ink. 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Asvine P36 today with Scribe Indigo ink.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I’m currently writing in my journal with a cheap Chinese piston filler that I stubbed. It’s inked with Diamine Upon a Star. 

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I see a Diplomat, Visconti Rembrandt, Pelikan white tortoise and a Waterman. I don’t know the models of the Diplomat and Waterman. Unless it’s a Hemisphere?

Posted Image