What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Chinese stub, Pilot Blue-Black

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@yubaprof I bought a journal on eBay and they threw it in. I've used it almost everyday since. Levenger (no affiliation except for the big order I just placed) has some elastic ones, but the pen just sits unprotected on the book's cover:

https://www.levenger.com/collections/bookmarks/products/notebook-belt?variant=42490515161237#

I really like that mine has a protective leather pen sleeve. Sadly, it's unbranded.

31 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

@yubaprof I bought a journal on eBay and they threw it in. I've used it almost everyday since. Levenger (no affiliation except for the big order I just placed) has some elastic ones, but the pen just sits unprotected on the book's cover:

https://www.levenger.com/collections/bookmarks/products/notebook-belt?variant=42490515161237#

I really like that mine has a protective leather pen sleeve. Sadly, it's unbranded.

Thank you, Dilettante. Yes, the protective pen sleeve is ideal. At least now I know that it exists. The search begins!

8 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Thank you, Dilettante. Yes, the protective pen sleeve is ideal. At least now I know that it exists. The search begins!

Happy hunting!

I think it came with a Cranes journal, but honestly it was years ago.

Edited to add, it looks like just a single pen leather sleeve/case sewn onto a large leather rectangle with a long piece of elastic  attached in a semi circle to both ends. Worst case scenario, maybe a DIY project?

6 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

Edited to add, it looks like just a single pen leather sleeve/case sewn onto a large leather rectangle with a longe piece of elastic  attached in a semi circle to both ends. Worst case scenario, maybe a DIY project?

Thanks, DilettanteG. I do have a single-pen sleeve made of leather and it is quite sturdy. It just might be a good candidate for your suggestion of a DYI project. Could be kind of fun. Let's see... thick thread, large needle, elastic band or velcro, piece of leather, and a bottle of red wine (preferably Spanish). OK, ready to go!

Cool! You can always take the bits to a cobbler, too or a saddle maker. Or try a hot glue gun. It looks like you’re in my area, but I don’t have any good leather workers to recommend. I always end up sending my boots or saddles off for major work. Maybe buy the cheap Levenger one and attach a pen case to that? You could even choose one that holds multiple pens. Though a single Pelikan one would fit nicely, have a cover flap, and the leather seems thin enough that a regular sewing machine might make it thru.

The wine sounds like the important bit. God knows we have enough vineyards around here.

22 minutes ago, DilettanteG said:

Cool! You can always take the bits to a cobbler, too or a saddle maker

Now that you mention it, I do have an old saddle cinch from my horse riding days. My pen case could be attached to a strip of it. I also know a saddle maker who lives nearby, but he charges up to $20,000 for a saddle.  I could buy quite a few Pelikans and Montblancs for that amount. Seriously though, I am going to pursue this and see if I can come up with something. Thank you for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

I used the pen I received today in a Cult Pens order. It’s a Collaboration with Cult Pens and Kaweco for a Christmas pen. This year it’s a silver transparent pen with glitter. I chose a 1.1mm stub nib.  I filled a cartridge with Diamine Blue Edition Ho Ho Ho. 

Posted Image

Parker 75 Ciselle XF but writes more like a wet XXF. Nice. 

Filled with Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, which is dark and saturated enough to leave a nice distinct line despite being XXF. 

@yubaprof Cult Pens may have what you're looking for:

https://cultpens.com/products/cult-pens-leather-pen-strap-brown

edited to add: Looks like they also bundle it with a refillable matching leather journal:

https://cultpens.com/products/cult-pens-journal-and-pen-loop-bundle

(No affiliation, just a happy shopper)

Tonight’s journal pen has been the Cross Bailey and Diamine Onyx Black ink

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Blue Parker Slimfold M, with Diamine Beau Blue.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

New Parker 51 Plum.  I really like this pen, but I find it odd that after a history of press-on caps, they decided to make this one a screw-on.

image.thumb.jpeg.0fbe66f4a3fe0fdfdbfd1859fd7823f9.jpeg

Today it's a Pilot Custom 823 broad nib with Graf von Faber-Castell Olive Green and a Lamy 99e with a 14k OM nib filled with Waterman's Serenity Blue

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png