What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Journaling today with my Visconti Ti Skelton.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Journalling today with a TWSBI Eco Black with Rose Gold trim and an EF nib. It's filled with Van Dieman's Cradle Mountain Grey.

IMG_20220226_083943_579.thumb.jpg.4d19d4aceaa7dd0fd1c1655a24ca57f0.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

On 2/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, Sinistral1 said:

Did you get three nibs for one pen?

It was a package price.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, dms525 said:

Yes. I have a number of medium and broad cursive italic nibs ground by Michael Masuyama and one or two by Nagahara. They are very good, although narrower than I would prefer. But F-C's stock nibs are well-tuned, and their #6 JoWo Steel Music nib is my favorite for calligraphy practice.

David

Everytime I pick up an F-C stock nib, I'm impressed and I think the F-C 1.9 music nib is amazing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I wanted to get my mind off the war news, so I decided to work on a pen that arrived recently but whose nib needed some attention. 

So I took out my second Ranga Splendour, tuned the nib, and gave it a workout. Figure 1 captures a bit of the latter. The day included more work, see Figure 2. But there's something soothing about this (large) Ranga pen. My thanks to its makers! 

large.20220226_201642.jpg.b333de003a4e50c532b2bb5cf659fac2.jpg

Figure 1. A Ranga Splendour, premium acrylic no. 23 body with blue and pink stripes, BB Bock steel nib with two tones. 

large.20220226_203346.jpg.bc3df6179d51b23f982c930eb827aca1.jpg

Figure 2. The end of a day of cleaning, inking, and trying out. 

Edited by OldTravelingShoe
Added more color.

This is how I justify keeping so many pens (and keeping so many of them inked).  My mind keeps mulling over war news, however, which seems to be creeping into my projects.IMG_1245.thumb.JPG.52a7407a35284f76a8a035060698be90.JPG

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Today, I'm working with a Faber Castell Ondoro in Orange, inked with Diamine Havasu Turquoise, and a TWSBI Diamond 580 filled with Noodler's Cayenne.  

IMG_6741.jpg

TWSBI 700 Vac Iris, F nib, with diluted Diamine Grey; and Noodler's Cobalt FPC, flex nib, with KWZI Brown Pink.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Kaweco Perkeo F "Bad Taste" filled with a Jacques Herbin Noir abyssal long cartridge.

large.perkeo_badtaste.jpg.a9f504153ff2cab4a3b36e196203e72c.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Here’s what I have for today.  You can even see the sheen with the Discovery  Green!

image.thumb.jpeg.1fa493f22f6f9d8dc4703bc44f2fae68.jpeg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

It’s not a pen I would really recommend. Unless you need something super compact. It’s very scratchy.

image.thumb.jpeg.7042afc2622f8c754471a9c231181bd7.jpeg

"Life is too short to use boring ink!" - JPMH

I am currently using a Kanwrite Desire Demonstrator, with the regular Medium nib - inked with Pilot Blue. (I've finally emptied that bottle!)

I also have two Metropolitans lying forgotten in my pen pouch, inked with Krishna Lyrebird blue-black and a Parker Vector inked with Diamine Majestic Blue.

But it is the Kanwrite that sees the majority (almost 99%) of daily use - I love the wet nib. Do Kanwrite offer pen tuning and nib grinding? I would love to get the Metros tuned/ground* - they are currently too fine and dry for my liking.

*I'm unsure of the correct terminology here.

High school student with a fledgling fountain pen passion.

Love the ink and Birmingham’s customer service is stellar!

image.thumb.jpeg.faf5c18efd797b6cf3985eddd5f5c05f.jpeg

"Life is too short to use boring ink!" - JPMH