Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, OCArt said:

Wow, you are indeed a collector, glad you found us! What's you most used pen(s)?

I rotate them. Today MB Egyptomania Doue and Montegrappa Symphony in dark blue. I also like my Pelis, I have a flock of 160.

Ubi bene ibi patria.

Today was a Kaweco from my local book store.  I make a trip every other month or so to buy a new pen and ink so that I am supporting them in their inky ways.  :)

spacer.png

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Did you get three nibs for one pen?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

23 hours ago, OCArt said:

Wow, you are indeed a collector, glad you found us! What's you most used pen(s)?

650 pens!!!!🤯 OMG.   I keep saying my collection of 375 is a small collection.  I don't think I'll ever reach those

numbers OCArt 

52 minutes ago, Helen350 said:

650 pens!!!!🤯 OMG.   I keep saying my collection of 375 is a small collection.  I don't think I'll ever reach those

numbers OCArt 

I have under 50 pens and find myself wondering if I have too many. I cannot even imagine having 650 pens.

8 hours ago, sansenri said:

I had noted that, but in fact I rarely post my pens, the lack of steps on the other hand is very welcome, the more so because quite a number of other FCs have notable steps and sometimes they are rather sharp. (the other non-step FC, which I already own due to the desirable feature, is the Marietta 20).

btw, I see you have a few... :) did you try any of their nib grinds? I'm very happy with a medium stub, really smooth but still sharp, and not too wide, very nice with cursive.

Yes. I have a number of medium and broad cursive italic nibs ground by Michael Masuyama and one or two by Nagahara. They are very good, although narrower than I would prefer. But F-C's stock nibs are well-tuned, and their #6 JoWo Steel Music nib is my favorite for calligraphy practice.

David

Today's pen a Lamy Studio Black Forest filled with Diamine Safari.

And... ta da... the pen drawers have been improved as talked about here a few days ago. One shelf was moved up a bit to make better use of the space and allow another pair of drawers to be added on the bottom shelf. No more ugly gaps and space for an extra 26 pens. Total cost AU$17. 🙂

large.pen_drawers_new.jpg.4f243f202f03062bc63d202f84d00c7a.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

38 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

No more ugly gaps and space for an extra 26 pens. Total cost AU$17. 🙂

Well done! 👏

How do you like the Lamy Studio?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

3 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Well done! 👏

I second @A Smug Dill: Well done, @AmandaW, I'll have to learn this craft because your photo looks amazing.

(I currently have IKEA rollers with trays and separate cartboard boxes. Not a long term solution, plus it is bound to annoy my better half. To learn and improve.) 

3 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

And I didn't even know Pelikan makes demonstrators 😄

@OldTravelingShoe  there are a couple M250 made in early 2000s. Here

I believe mine is the one mentioned at the very bottom of the page, M250 made for Levenger USA. It came to me with 14C Fine nib, but I got a steel EF nib to test it out.

Please check out my shop on Etsy - Sleepy Turandot

7 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Very much! I was concerned the metal would be too slippery, but so far it's been comfortable (not a huge writing day: about six full A4 pages in one sitting and intermittent use for notes the rest of the time). The size and weight suit me too, so I may well try again for an All Black should one appear in a sale.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

2 hours ago, Chi said:

there are a couple M250 made in early 2000s. Here

Ah, I understand now. Thank you, @Chi

I was vaguely aware Pelikan made a blue demonstrator (I now understand it's the M200 Anthracite transparent), but did not know about the clear demo and now I've also seen green, red, brown (amber, think Pilot Custom 823), and sever shades of transparent blue including bright. I'll have to process this 😄

36 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

did not know about the clear demo

Alas, you joined FPN three weeks too late to have seen my alerting others that PenGallery Malaysia was offering the Pelikan M205 Demonstrator at a clearance price (on top of which a site-wide discount code, which is quite rare for PGM, could be applied as well).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

15 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Today's pen a Lamy Studio Black Forest filled with Diamine Safari.

And... ta da... the pen drawers have been improved as talked about here a few days ago. One shelf was moved up a bit to make better use of the space and allow another pair of drawers to be added on the bottom shelf. No more ugly gaps and space for an extra 26 pens. Total cost AU$17. 🙂

large.pen_drawers_new.jpg.4f243f202f03062bc63d202f84d00c7a.jpg

Nice storage. I have 3 big dry cabinets to store all my pens.

Ubi bene ibi patria.

6 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Alas, you joined FPN three weeks too late to have seen my alerting others that PenGallery Malaysia was offering the Pelikan M205 Demonstrator at a clearance price

Thanks for the link, @A Smug Dill, which for me included a bonus: information about the existence of PenGallery Malaysia. I checked them quickly and I saw several modern Pelikans and Pilots that seem less commonly available, at shop prices. 

1 hour ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

I checked them quickly and I saw several modern Pelikans and Pilots that seem less commonly available, at shop prices.

I found PenGallery Malaysia to be a good source for certain products that have long since sold out elsewhere. For example, it was the only place I saw, as recently as last November, to still have new (or NOS) units of Sailor Chalana to sell (but it seems the stock is all gone, when I went to look just now). It also has the 50ml bottles of Sailor Jentle Shikisai inks (in a limited range of colours) — which have been rebranded Sailor Shikiori inks and made far more expensive by Sailor itself a couple of years ago, by only offering them in ‘new’ 20ml bottles with the square footprint, at the same retail price domestically as the old price of the round 50ml bottles — at the old price; most of my stash of those inks were sourced from PGM, and I bought out all of its remaining stock of Doyou, Shigure, and Wakauguisu in the last site-wide discount promotion. I also bought PGM's last unit of the Pelikan M215 for ~€88, at the time when the M205 Demonstrator was offered on clearance, back in November.

Oh, and it's the only retail source anywhere for my favourite Diamine ink (and one of my Top 5 favourite inks across all brands), Jalur Gemilang.

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

it was the only place I saw, as recently as last November, to still have new (or NOS) units of Sailor Chalana to sell (but it seems the stock is all gone, when I went to look just now).

If you mean the Sailor Chalana ink, some of that may be my fault... 😉 I had a friend who was visiting family there in December order some boxes of cartridges for me when my order from the States (that took three weeks and cost a fortune) arrived with the wrong ones. When I found out the Chalana cartridges and converters work in the old Diplomat Butterfly pens, I tried to acquire a modest 'inventory' for future use. I have since discovered that Stilo&Stile in Italy now has some in stock, which would have saved me a ton of trouble and money being able to order from within the EU! 

(It wasn't *all* my fault though - color availability through PGM was already limited by mid-December.)

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

2 minutes ago, DvdRiet said:

If you mean the Sailor Chalana ink,

No, the very slender pens themselves. I saw three versions of it available from PenGallery Malaysia last year, and one or the other has been in my shopping cart several times, but never ended up making the final cut for my orders. At between A$300 and A$360, they were just too expensive as a toy pen I know I wouldn't be writing with very often at all, given how thin they are; the only attraction is the novelty factor, combined with the fact that the model has long been discontinued.