• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dms525 said:

1715369475_PelikanBoB.jpg.d9210aa08e97c3e289411d2a9016ffd9.jpg

Love the Blue o Blue! I need to get mine out for a spin!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today journaling with my Visconti Ti Skelton.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

large.1813445409_NaginataConcordnibwritingsampleinDiamineJalurGemilang.jpg.f8c076c42360abf36dc5afe9fb4ab383.jpg

Too bad my Naginata Concord nib writes at least as broad as a Sailor 14K gold Medium nib. :(

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Here you go! My pens for today.  Not a great pic but here they are:

MB Sterling Solitaire 146

Visconti Ti Skelton 

pens.thumb.jpg.10202ac98da7e7fd9dcc4ebcc5541f8c.jpg

PAKMAN

On 1/25/2022 at 10:11 AM, flodoc said:

Pelikan Place de la Concorde (M620) w/18k fine nib and MB Royal Blue ink.

20220125_095442.jpg

Photos don’t do this pen justice. I got to see a friend’s in person back when pen club met in person. It’s gorgeous. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Here you go! My pens for today.  Not a great pic but here they are:

MB Sterling Solitaire 146

Visconti Ti Skelton 

pens.thumb.jpg.10202ac98da7e7fd9dcc4ebcc5541f8c.jpg

Nice.

It seems to be “big golden pen day” in those parts!

39 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Photos don’t do this pen justice. I got to see a friend’s in person back when pen club met in person. It’s gorgeous. 

Agree. There are several stunning pens in the City Series. The Place de Le Concorde is one of the most beautiful, to my taste. Really nice.

Today it's an all Parker lineup. Thuya Brown 75 w/14K XF nib, Marbled Maroon Duofold International w/18K F nib, Smoke Bronze 100 w/18K F nib and Millerais 75 w/14K M nib.

20220208_185322.jpg

Opus 88 sporting a needlepoint Secretary of De Flex nib by Kirk Speer.

image.thumb.jpeg.da038e2c06620d53d9b202f116c9f598.jpeg

19A00522-59D7-40F2-BAAF-AB4A23EDF75F.jpeg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

14 hours ago, Sinistral1 said:

Opus 88 sporting a needlepoint Secretary of De Flex nib by Kirk Speer

Oooh, the nib seems excellent for expressive writing. Very nice pen as well!

Thanks for this - did not know about the Secretary of De Flex. I need to do some searching to understand better when and how it was (is?) produced. 

1 minute ago, dms525 said:

IMG_3761.jpeg.89881e7cec30ab6a6251a5217d420c18.jpeg

David

Beautiful. I do not (yet) own an Ebonite pen, but a few more pictures like this, and that might change…

On 2/9/2022 at 5:08 AM, flodoc said:

Today it's an all Parker lineup. Thuya Brown 75 w/14K XF nib, Marbled Maroon Duofold International w/18K F nib, Smoke Bronze 100 w/18K F nib and Millerais 75 w/14K M nib.

20220208_185322.jpg

All lovely pens, but that Duofold really catches my eye. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pens.

Travelers brass /w 14k pilot nib, Pilot metal falcon /w gena salorino full spencerian grind, cross spire 18k (had to make a converter out of a cut off cartridge, shellac and a latex sac) Indigraph /w wet noodle waterman 52 nib, and a lamy 2k EF because I haven't gotten my BB re-ground into an italic yet.

20220210_155712.jpg

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

In honor of the Cincinnati Bengals and their upcoming Super Bowl, this week I have been using my only orange pen, an FPR Darjeeling, orange with black trim, reminiscent of a Big Red. It is filled as an eyedropper with Pilot Black ink. It is a wonderful pen for less than $15.

WHO DEY!!

Adam

Dayton, OH

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

-- Prov 25:2