What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

large.826535820_RedpensforChineseNewYear.jpg.1494b9dce2b140388e6442f7bddfed05.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three pens today:

1) Sailor 1911 S Loch Ness Monster, MF nib, with old version Sailor Jentle Sky High.

2) Noodler's Cobalt FPC, flex nib, with KWZI Brown Pink.

3) Parker Vector, IF nib, with vintage Quink Permanent Blue-Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Two metal pens -- a Gravitas Entry and a Kaweco Special -- are serving as pens of the day today.

Jinhao 166  - F/M nib.  Ink:  Akkerman Scharlaken Van Jan Steen

Kaigelu 316 - M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Oxford

Saturday night I used the new Green/blue Optima. I flushed it and inked it with Dark Forest which turned out to be an almost perfect match for the Auroloide and, at first, it wrote beautifully but as the evening wore on, i again started getting the skipping and hard starts. :( I can see that the right tine is slightly bowed out along the slit.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Leonardo MZ Magico Tramonto and Leonardo MZ Grande Art Deco Cobalt Blue.

Both have stock 14Kt stub nibs. They were inked with Leonardo Blue and writing well, except I wanted a crisper line for calligraphy. I loaded the MZ Magico with Pelikan Royal Blue and the MZG with Stipula Dark Blue, both very dry inks. The pens now have much improved line variation. And I have much improved satisfaction with these wonderful pens.

David

Parker 75 Cisele w/18K medium nib and Noodler's Zhivago. This was an eBay find. Photos were of a pen tarnished black. Upon receipt and a sympathetic polish I  discovered the diamond-cut stone in the cap crown and a near mint pen. One of my favorites!

20220202_081733.jpg

Back into the rotation you go.  Good medium nib, have to dip deep into the inkwell to get the converter to fill up.

Pilot clicking vanishing point.

Other small gripe is the feel of the clip in my fingers as I write, it forces a grip and angle of the nib, might not get used to it.

Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pen - Blue with Gold Trim - 18k Fine Nib |  JetPens

That was my problem with the used full-size Vanishing Point I found in an antiques collectibles shop a few years ago.  The smaller Decimos fits my hand better and I don't have the issue with the clip.

I just wish they came in the cool range of colors and finishes as their larger cousins.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

17 hours ago, flodoc said:

Parker 75 Cisele w/18K medium nib and Noodler's Zhivago. This was an eBay find. Photos were of a pen tarnished black. Upon receipt and a sympathetic polish I  discovered the diamond-cut stone in the cap crown and a near mint pen. One of my favorites!

20220202_081733.jpg

That's a great find. Nice one.

Mango Safari, F with Lamy Mango cartridge.
&

the Kaweco Classic Sport burgundy F with summer purple from yesterday 

Marlen Mantegna with fine steel nib and Swisher Pens Maroon ink. It is red acrylic with sterling silver sleeves on cap and barrel. Mantegna was an Italian artist and engraver. Note the waves engraved in the silver sleeves. It is just slightly larger than a Parker 75.

20220203_203111.jpg

Thuya brown lacque Parker 75 w/18K right oblique nib and Colorado Pens Capri Blue ink. I've had this pen 12+ years, but this is the first time I have inked it. It may be the first time this pen has ever been inked as it is mint!

20220204_084105.jpg

1 hour ago, flodoc said:

Thuya brown lacque Parker 75 w/18K right oblique nib and Colorado Pens Capri Blue ink. I've had this pen 12+ years, but this is the first time I have inked it. It may be the first time this pen has ever been inked as it is mint!

20220204_084105.jpg

Smart-looking pen!! How do you like writing with it (after all these years...)?

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

4 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

Smart-looking pen!! How do you like writing with it (after all these years...)?

Actually, I prefer a fine italic or stub nib. The oblique yields too broad a line for my tight loops. I'll probably end up selling it. I have too many Parker 75s as it is.

18 minutes ago, flodoc said:

Pelikan M620 Piazza Navona w/18K fine nib and Noodler's Live Oak for Dromgool's 2010 Dallas Pen Show.

20220204_154529.jpg

Gorgeous pen. My favorite model, in a spectacular limited color!

Early Marbled Maroon Parker Duofold International w/18K fine nib and Swisher Pens Maroon ink. This pen is from the first year of production of the International, Q3 1989 (IN). It is in mint condition with absolutely no evidence of use. The flat cap bands do not even have any micro scratches! It looks like it was produced yesterday, not 33 years ago!

20220205_202417.jpg