• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• bunnspecial

• Dragan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, you're right. That was the time when they changed their shoes in shape and volume (from 50 to 60 ml), as well as some of the names, e.g. from blue-black to Midnight Blue. The change of the latter from permanent (IG) to non-perm (non-IG) was in Sept. 2013. (To go into more detail, for the permanent version, on the box it was stated "PERMANENT FOR DOCUMENTS"; for the non-perm version there was no word about permanence, and nothing was ever written anywhere about IG.)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I have an 80s/90s bottle to which I can compare(one of the ones that has a short strip to indicate color rather than the dot) but I don't know that I've used it a lot.

I wonder how it compares to other "standard" Royal/Washable blues, though, like Pelikan, Waterman, or the like.

I'm rather fond of the modern incarnation of MB Royal Blue, and I'd use it more often were it not for the fact that it's awfully expensive for a washable blue.

You might want to take a look at the following couple of oldies. At least Sandy1 drops a word or two about those which you mentioned, and others (Horizon Blue not yet being born).

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/196998-one-of-the-ten-blue-inks/

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/341377-the-perfect-blue-ink/

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)