Vinta Inks Neon - Interesting inks for poor papers.

Muncle

I've been on a retro/synthwave kick lately (great when marking). So when  I spotted a set of "Neon" inks, they were quickly added to my cart from Vanness Pens.

While I enjoy the colour, there is something remarkable. I test inks on three different papers: Rhodia pad, G. Lalo, and the cheapest yellow legal pad paper I can find.

I'm used to inks behaving very poorly on the cheap legal pad. To my surprise, with these inks, there was minimal wooliness or feathering. If you're somebody who likes bright, interesting colours, but is stuck with poor papers, then you might want to investigate these inks!

The first ink is Magnetic Blue. I made a mistake when writing it out on the paper. It is a decent, seaside blue. Not too much in the shading department.

large.Vinta_Blue_White.jpg.eeff40627b362c624717e516559eac92.jpglarge.Vinta_Blue_Blue.jpg.af5e6f7e6c1838f4ffb1b7d0356cb3df.jpglarge.Vinta_Blue_Yellow.jpg.c5625c345cc488e15090d5cf8a4885e9.jpg

The next colour is Android Teal. This is a nice-looking teal, with a pink sheen in swabs, the flex, and medium nib. You can also see a pink halo on the dot.

large.Vinta_Teal_Yellow.jpg.aeaef0f8b6cf1aff78aae3e2d41b0e31.jpglarge.Vinta_Teal_White.jpg.a6bd24e403b1132cb43fb4f6540091e6.jpglarge.Vinta_Teal_Blue.jpg.d2362c0a13ffd326ff008add1d412264.jpg

Finally we have Electric Pink. I'm not a big fan of pink, but it is well-suited to the neon theme. I do like this bright pink, and in longer writing it is surprisingly readable. I have made a few journal entries in it, and re-reading doesn't hurt my eyes.

large.Vinta_Pink_Yellow.jpg.19f1376ca501f6bf7d6a160849707cf1.jpglarge.Vinta_Pink_White.jpg.46688219af1b72f9896a12f8103b6309.jpglarge.Vinta_Pink_Blue.jpg.5691101bfaf053834ad355bc7d273778.jpg

I like all three of these inks. I would have preferred a different colour than the blue, since it is more of a seaside blue than neon, and there are many blues in that shade. A neon purple or neon green would  have filled out the box nicely. But neon green can be hard to read.

I would consider adding a bit of Ghost Blue or  Whiteness of the Whale to add some fluorescent properties to these inks. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• Muncle

• LizEF

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for this review.... I :thumbup: I truly enjoy the pop of Electric blue and Android teal...

Thanks for the review!  Nice to know about inks that work well on cheap papers - people are all the time asking that question.

All responses to letters will be delayed. Today, hopefully, I'll be starting the final book of Robin Hobb's liveship trilogy and anticipate I will be unable to do anything but read (and do ink reviews) until I'm done. ;)