Rohrer and Klingner sketchINK® Jule

yazeh

Rohrer and Klingner sketchINK® Jule

These pigmented inks are purported to be both lightfast and waterproof and are designed for sketching. Jule is la lighter version of Super5 Australia. 

348291491_Australia-JuleCompar1.thumb.jpeg.e68a537aa15d0b17718e47f1966be438.jpeg

Truly delightful both on Midori and TR 68, the papers I use most often, but equally great on all types of paper. 
Tomoe River 6

8gr1869067490_Jule-TR.thumb.jpeg.fe8f60ae8c62ec21a92901fdf23aff6d.jpeg

Midori

1408959455_Jule-Midori.thumb.jpeg.fbb5b7cf5abe8eb813a7a49d0950b74c.jpeg

1714356142_Jule-Midori1.thumb.jpeg.661b94b87cbf372b42bc554f278dddee.jpeg

Dry time in my experience is on the longer side. However, it can be mitigated with finer nibs, drier pens or more absorbent paper.  

I prefer this series with modern flex, or wide nibs where I get more character out of these inks. 

However, it is imperative to use pens with a good seal, otherwise you need dip your nib under water to keep it running again. 

• Pen used: Noodler’s Ahab, Lamy Safari broad

• Shading: Yes 

• Ghosting: None

• Bleed through: None. 

• Flow Rate: Good. Austalia is wetter. 

• Lubrication: Nice

• Nib Dry-out: Depending the pen. Needs well sealed pens.

• Start-up: If not used it can dry out, in pens with high evaporation.

• Saturation: Dusky

• Shading Potential: With broad and flex.

• Sheen: No 

• Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: None. 

• Nib Creep / “Crud”: None

• Staining (pen): I use a pen cleaning solution for the feeds.

• Clogging: Nope

• Water resistance: Waterproof 

• Availability: Only in bottle 50 ml bottles.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• lapis

• LizEF

• mizgeorge

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D Very nice, @yazeh!  I prefer the darkest of the writing samples, but mostly I like the review (and trying to decipher your cursive ;) :P ).

Great review, beautiful ink (I have been very interested in these SketchINKs and this is one of my favorite colors of the set), and wonderful handwriting. I love the slant, the (I hope you don't mind if I say it) vintage feel, and more. I hope I can write as beautifully one day!

Thanks!

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

5 hours ago, LizEF said:

:D Very nice, @yazeh!  I prefer the darkest of the writing samples, but mostly I like the review (and trying to decipher your cursive ;) :P ).

Thanks Liz :blush: Yeah, I often write in Riddlese. Makhabesh was my teacher. He insisted that a text must be written, so that only the  initiated can read. It seems I am not part the initiated either  :D

5 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Great review, beautiful ink (I have been very interested in these SketchINKs and this is one of my favorite colors of the set),

Most welcome. 

I truly like these series. Beautiful inks and great behaviour.  

5 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

and wonderful handwriting. I love the slant, the (I hope you don't mind if I say it) vintage feel, and more. I hope I can write as beautifully one day!

Thanks!

I am honoured by your compliment. 

Nice review and thanks, yazeh! Also good that you compared the Super5 brother. Actually (no harm meant by any means) not at all surprising, considering that both inks come out of the same house (and/or lab)....

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

3 minutes ago, lapis said:

Nice review and thanks, yazeh! Also good that you compared the Super5 brother. Actually (no harm meant by any means) not at all surprising, considering that both inks come out of the same house (and/or lab)....

Thanks lapis. 

When I filled the same Lamy with Jule, after Australia, the tactile sensation of writing was so different. They have the same properties but quite different....

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Thanks lapis. 

When I filled the same Lamy with Jule, after Australia, the tactile sensation of writing was so different. They have the same properties but quite different....

Out of interest, which did you prefer? I'm very drawn to the R&K series, not least because of the colour range, but I'm curious about the comparison.

2 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Out of interest, which did you prefer? I'm very drawn to the R&K series, not least because of the colour range, but I'm curious about the comparison.

I love them both. I love the rich colour of Australia and the muted velvety feel of Jule. The former is when you're looking for high contrast, shading, and deep rich colour, the latter is when you yearn for tenderness and softness. One is affirmative the other whispers..... :)

6 hours ago, yazeh said:

Thanks Liz :blush: Yeah, I often write in Riddlese. Makhabesh was my teacher. He insisted that a text must be written, so that only the  initiated can read. It seems I am not part the initiated either  :D

:lol:

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

I love them both. I love the rich colour of Australia and the muted velvety feel of Jule. The former is when you're looking for high contrast, shading, and deep rich colour, the latter is when you yearn for tenderness and softness. One is affirmative the other whispers..... :)

Perfect. That makes it a pretty easy choice for me!

3 hours ago, yazeh said:

Right on! That's the food for thought of the day. There are so many inks which can be similar here but there will always be a differences somewhere. Because inks have so many characters (in plain English properties/parameters etc) .......................

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)