Any thoughts on Pilot Custom 912 replacement nib?

Zhooom

So after an unfortunate accident, I broke the feed and mangled the nib on my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA nib pen.  Initially I’d contacted Pilot, who wanted $202 for a replacement nib and feed.  I just purchased a new one for $224 instead, and bought a 3 slit ebonite feed.  New pen writes wonderfully, and since I still have the factory stock feed all I need now is a nib for the old pen.

Has anyone successfully transplanted a nib, new or vintage into a CH 912?  Or know of a source that I might find a replacement nib at a reasonable price?  Having an almost complete pen is an itch I can’t scratch.  It’s like it’s sitting there taunting me...  🥵

My thought was that if someone has done it successfully (with a vintage pen nib for example) I could watch eBay for an unrestored pen with the same size nib to pull as a replacement ... assuming that makes any sense?

I guess I could look into getting the old nib fixed or reground into a stub, but that seems even less doable to my rather inexpert eye.  (One of the tines broke at the end when I was trying to straighten it again)

Opinions welcome.  😀

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• Zhooom

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Esterbrook vintage nib adapter fits the barrel of a Pilot Custom Heritage 912.

Or you could buy a (new) replacement nib-feed-section assembly for US$165 from a Stateside retailer's online shop, but I'm not sure the company is considered by Pilot in USA (Pilot Corporation of America) to be an authorised dealer; I didn't ask.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.