What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Loaded up my humble Waterman (purchased at the local stationers some years ago) with my new favourite Herbin Larmes de Cassis.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sailor 1911S Loch Ness monster, MF nib, with (old version) Sailor Jentle Sky High.

Pelikan P22 International 4, F (?) nib, with Robert Oster Tokyo Blue Denim.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Parker 75 Flighter with 14k fine nib and Swisher Midnight Black, Blue Pelikan M400 with 14c fine nib and MB blue, Black Parker Duofold International with 18k medium nib and Parker Penman Ruby.

Added a Sailor 1911 with stub nib to the ones already inked. I've seen so many negative comments about Sailor nibs lately, I decided to revisit one I hadn't used in over 12 years. The stub is smooth with just the right amount of flow and it has no noticeable tooth. Maybe Sailor nibs were better in the 80s and 90s?

Since the Sailor 1911 worked so well, I decided to ink another Japanese pen, this time with a fine nib. A Platinum 3776 in burgundy with gold and rose gold maki-e. Colorado Pen Capri Blue ink.

20220105_221922.jpg

I replaced the Black Duofold with a Chocolate Pinstripe Duofold with fine italic (98) nib and Parker Penman Mocha ink.

20220106_101033.jpg

6 minutes ago, flodoc said:

fine italic (98) nib and Parker Penman Mocha ink

Beautiful combination!

Regards, Alexey

Lamy Vista EF with Lamy Black ink in a dark room with the light on and a cup of coffee nearby.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

42 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Two threads, same topic?  I picked the other one.

I think a moderator must have subsequently updated the title of this thread, after I noted that it was out of date for the year 2022, and started a new thread to get with the times. :)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Wing Sung 698 - Pilot stub nib.  Ink:  Dryden Designs Decadent Purple &

Wing Sung 699 - M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Crimson 

WIN_20220108_19_52_02_Pro.jpg.2e99b9dbd15e87da6a344d814f618e47.jpg

WIN_20220108_18_51_33_Pro.jpg.97ec9531d32c05a4121558ebe53f4cf6.jpg

Having watched a documentary about Anais Nin, which mostly focused on her life and adventures in Paris, I was inspired to use my French pens, so I have been using my Waterman Carene, Perspectiveand S T Dupont Leonardo da Vinci.

"Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage." Anais Nin