What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Recursion said:

Today I want to finish writing my new year’s speech for a society gathering. So the Dave Brubeck Quartet is playing their Take Five, there is a nice steaming Café au Lait on my desk and blanc sheets of Tomoe River paper eagerly await the Akkerman #5 – Shocking Blue ink that is in my Leonardo Momento Magico Anima Nera. The only thing failing me is my inspiration. 😔

IMG_2153.thumb.jpeg.33356251001d8c91f2590ed93034ba1b.jpeg

Might I suggest taking your inspiration from music by finding a song about change, the passing of time, or new beginnings?

7 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Might I suggest taking your inspiration from music by finding a song about change, the passing of time, or new beginnings?

Thank you for your suggestion, a change of music to Pink Floyd did the trick   👍

6 hours ago, Recursion said:

Thank you for your suggestion, a change of music to Pink Floyd did the trick   👍

From Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" to Pink Floyd -- that's quite a change! 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The pens I used today were:

Canadian (from the nib, the barrel is too heavily polished) Duofold Senior

English BHR Swan with multi 'piled coins' rings on the cap and a plaque on the barrel with a New York No 2 nib and

a black Pelikan of some description. It has a single ring around the base of the cap with PELIKAN W-GERMANY on it.

Sailor 1911L

and

Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

Sheaffer Grand Connoisseur 

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Platinum Desk Pen DP-1000AN (bought NOS arrived yesterday) inked with Pilot Black. I really do need to order a bottle of Platinum Black!

Will work for pens... :unsure:

All five of my Pilots: 912 (2 of them), 92, 74, and e95, each inked with a different Diamine Inkvent ink (Seize the Night, Raspberry Rose, Festive Joy, Subzero and Wonderland). Also two Opus 88 Omars, one with Diamine Magical Forest and the other with Red Lustre; these were the Christmas card pens. And finally, a Narwhal and a Guider (from India). I need to empty the latter four out and start the new year with just the Pilots.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I started the day using an Entry from Gravitas and finished the day with A Conway Stewart Duro after the Entry ran out of ink.

11 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

From Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" to Pink Floyd -- that's quite a change! 

I can imagine you think that, but it's quite common on my playlist to mix verry different genres of music. Most of my playlist have at least Dave Brubeck, Pink Floyd, Erik Satie, Niels-Henning Østred Pedersen and Sergei Rachmaninoff in it. 

Tonight, I'm using my new Optima Green/blue that arrived yesterday, trying it out with Lamy Petrol.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.