What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

On 12/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, ParramattaPaul said:

It amazes me that so many people's vision of Italy is the Italian Riviera, Olive groves and vineyards forgetting that the Alps form part of its northern border.  Then too, I'm surprised that people don't know that Switzerland is not solely German-speaking, but in fact has three languages -- French, German, and Italian regionally.

Four actually. I think you may have just insulted a few people who live in the The Grisons. 😛

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Al-Star M. nib.  Ink:  Dryden Designs  Black

Hong Dian 1841 - F. nib.  Ink:  Dryden Designs Sky Blue

WIN_20211209_00_43_21_Pro.jpg

My new Red Optima, which ran out of ink! I've only used it at work twice before I think, maybe I didn't fill it all the way. But I got to see the extra reserve in action. :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Doing a diary check with my husband, and just realised the fountain pen I’m using for it matches my diary! Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night fountain pen (fine nib) and a Starry Night weekly planner / diary.

E0D129B7-4A7F-4AC3-ACE6-63B0881E3435.jpeg.01ff701680ee60f8b15af35adad9a842.jpeg

2 hours ago, vivdunstan said:

Doing a diary check with my husband, and just realised the fountain pen I’m using for it matches my diary! Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night fountain pen (fine nib) and a Starry Night weekly planner / diary.

E0D129B7-4A7F-4AC3-ACE6-63B0881E3435.jpeg.01ff701680ee60f8b15af35adad9a842.jpeg

@vivdunstan, it's good to see you posting again. Lovely planner & pen!

I'll be using my new Aurora Ferrari tonight at work. I've initially inked it with Monaco Red, to match the red accents on the pen. It appears, however, that the nib is an EF from the very thin line it's laying down so the Monaco isn't nearly as dark as it is in the Opus 88 I keep at work. I may have to rethink the ink selection.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Today it`s AR-VIII (Kharkiv pen factory, Soviet Union), inked with Waterman Tendresse Purple.

The nib definitely has a nice potential.

20200902_112848-1.thumb.jpg.33aa8a8f1d5b70bfce9d643b5a531b30.jpg

Regards, Alexey

Today it's been:

Vibrant Pink Lamy al-Star, 1.1 mm stub -- MB Permanent Blue Black (guessing NOT the older IG version).

Aqua Blue (?) Parker 45 Arrow, M -- vintage Quink Permanent Royal Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today I have used the following:

Platinum 3776 Century Borgogne (B) with Diamine Merlot

Parker Duofold Streamlined jade celluloid, factory stub with Waterman Serenity Blue

Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled (M) with Levenger Forest Green.

At least those three saw the most use today.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Today is a symphony in brown:

large.IMG_2315.JPG.7065517d3ea2fdb47103dddfdeaed5fd.JPG

Classic 90s style two-tone black barrel with brown marbled cap Diplomat Traveller, inked with tsukushi that seems to match perfectly with this fine nib.

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

GO NAVY! Today I am writing with my MB 149B Files with Diamine 150 1864 Blue Black and watching the game. Well, I do have my pen in hand. Capped right now so I donʻt have an accident. 

On 12/9/2021 at 4:18 AM, N1003U said:

Sorry, I see what I did. I quoted out of a quote in your reply...I need to watch out for that.

Fortunately it wasn't too late to go back and correct. Thank you. The comment was intended in good fun.

ok thanks, of course

And another go with the MB Jules Verne, this thing has never felt good...  :(

unposted the pen is too small, posted the cap is a boat anchor destroying any whim wish of balance

(pens that feel great are the posted 149 and the posted Proust....)