What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Just now, DvdRiet said:

It looks beautiful! And I've just heard that we are supposed to get snow tonight as well - bbrrrrrr!

ah, there, you see! :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

PXL_20211206_002110462.thumb.jpg.91d2cfb0d563b13164769c79fc1d6f52.jpg

I really like Vintage Pelikans, but after writing with my Level 5 purchased from an opportunity business, I started to look at modern Pelikans with new eyes. Mine is exactly the same model and my only fountain pen with white gold nib. I love writing!!!

Mine is loaded with J Herbin eclat de saphir.
Regards

53 minutes ago, sansenri said:

North Italy, south of Pavia in the Appennines, somewhat half way down from Milano to Genova.

Altitude is almost 700m so it is high hills not quite mountains, but it does get cold in the winter, 2°C at the moment.

It amazes me that so many people's vision of Italy is the Italian Riviera, Olive groves and vineyards forgetting that the Alps form part of its northern border.  Then too, I'm surprised that people don't know that Switzerland is not solely German-speaking, but in fact has three languages -- French, German, and Italian regionally.

Today I am using a wondeful Sheaffer Crest circa 1953, lever fill, Triumph nib and a silver and blue 1942 Parker 51. Both are filled with Waterman ink. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

It amazes me that so many people's vision of Italy is the Italian Riviera, Olive groves and vineyards forgetting that the Alps form part of its northern border.  Then too, I'm surprised that people don't know that Switzerland is not solely German-speaking, but in fact has three languages -- French, German, and Italian regionally.

Actually there's four official languages in Switzerland -- the fourth being Romansh, which is a descendent from Latin, kind of the way French and Italian are, but also has a lot of German connections (although Romansh is apparently only spoken by a small percentage of the population at this point).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

21 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

It looks beautiful! And I've just heard that we are supposed to get snow tonight as well - bbrrrrrr!

I'm in New Mexico so I like being able to get out of the city and into quiet areas as well..

the Danitrio Fellowship

Sheaffer Grand Connoisseur 

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

13 minutes ago, Doug C said:

I'm in New Mexico so I like being able to get out of the city and into quiet areas as well..

And New Mexico certainly does have some beautiful ones!

I'm from North Texas; always loved going to New Mexico. And it can get pretty cold there, as well! 

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

1 hour ago, DvdRiet said:

And New Mexico certainly does have some beautiful ones!

I'm from North Texas; always loved going to New Mexico. And it can get pretty cold there, as well! 

I have an idea....Let's all go visit Sansenri in Italy!

the Danitrio Fellowship

10 minutes ago, Doug C said:

I have an idea....Let's all go visit Sansenri in Italy!

Well, I know I'm in!! Hey @sansenri ! Time to go get some more firewood!! ;)

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

23 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

you're right, but in a way it's understandable, the peculiarity of this country is it changes dramatically within short distances so you can go from mountain to hill to plane to seaside in just a hundred Km...

most people than come here go to see the "main attractions"

Some other countries you need to travel thousands of Km to see the landscape change...

48 minutes ago, DvdRiet said:

Well, I know I'm in!! Hey @sansenri ! Time to go get some more firewood!! ;)

spent all day cutting firewood... if it does snow it's best stored away :)

Today it's been:

TWSBI 580-AL, (pink, B nib) -- finishing a fill of diluted KWZI Chicago Green LE.

Noodler's Konrad (Forbidden City, flex nib) -- Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Parker 51 Arrow (Aqua Blue?, M nib) -- vintage Quink Permanent Royal Blue.

Pellikan M205 (Blue Marble, M nib) -- Edelstein Ruby Red.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Red Pelikan M101N, filled with Noodler's Red

Green-striped M605, filled with Edelstein Adventurine

Going after the heart of my Christmas card list toady and tomorrow.

pilot vanishing point water surface custom medium stub by me, pilot black

pilot 743 fa nib, kwz blue #1

On 12/5/2021 at 10:25 PM, chromantic said:

With a nod to Calabria, my Gialla, watch and trusty penknife.

5828.jpg

Ha! 😀

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang