What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

For Thanksgiving week:

Oldwin Classic 

Faber Castell Perfect Pencil 

Conid Slimline 

ASC Studio 

Ancora Perla

Visconti Metropolitan Divina

20211122_080220.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parker 51 teal aerometric with Arial Kullock tooled sterling cap.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

On 11/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, sansenri said:

I'm currently using a Pelikan M250 in black with a 14C M nib, it's an old style version with derby cap

large.1173154182_P1180883-3PelikanM250oldstyle.jpg.57c3332dae2392158de3917f34c81a7a.jpg

large.1185090907_P1180885-3PelikanM250oldstyle.jpg.b527c38d57508fadf3745af9482c951d.jpg

The platonic ideal of a pen? M nib why not?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

13 minutes ago, Calabria said:

The platonic ideal of a pen? M nib why not?

Oh no. I am sitting here with an M nib pen in a cart. Trying to talk myself out of it...

Will work for pens... :unsure:

25 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

Oh no. I am sitting here with an M nib pen in a cart. Trying to talk myself out of it...

Try it.  You might like it.

If not, I'm sure you can find a worthy recipient to whom to gift it.

Today, I am using a Pelikan M200 Gold Marbled, filled with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi.

As I use it, I will also push back a bit on commentary that M200 nibs have become boing blobby balls. This steel nib (<1 year old) has a lovely spring that makes it a little bit expressive, and it puts down a nice clean line, just like the M200s of old. It is 8/10 in wetness and smooth with just a touch of feedback. Of course the weight and balance are excellent.

For my hand, it's almost perfect. Not as perfect in my hand as an M600, but darn close. :)

Noodler's Konrad "Forbidden City", flex nib, with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Pelikan P22 "Chinatown", M nib, with De Atramentis Topas Gold.  Glad I only bought a sample of this because it's too light (even with the shading) to really be legible on the page. :(  Hoping a broader nib can coax some more oomph out of this ink, than this pen, because so far Topas Gold only seems to be good for drawing (and then only if you need that light a yellow).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The (modern) Aurora Duo Cart my son gave me last Christmas. I don't reach for it often enough. Inked with Chesterfield Antique Oxford, also a gift, from an FPNer.

large.A94B7615-1FE5-42F3-8EC5-B99F8B01F2B5.jpeg.0c5415816814cb1f8c20900e8d483578.jpeg

I'm using an Aurora, too, my new yellow Optima. I inked it with Musk Green this morning, then flushed it, then re-inked it with Yama-guri before coming to work.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Today's pen is a Kaweco Perkeo 'Indian Summer' which arrived just yesterday.

I leafed through my swatches looking for an ink and was gob-smacked, Iroshizuku Ina-ho is to my eye a perfect match. Neither are as yellow as they appear in my inept photograph - they're almost murky green - gorgeous. If you know the colour of Ina-ho, you know the colour of the pen. B)

perkeo_indian_summer_sm.jpg.17d72858107ff87a6d886b8800025fd0.jpg

3 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Today's pen is a Kaweco Perkeo 'Indian Summer' which arrived just yesterday.

I leafed through my swatches looking for an ink and was gob-smacked, Iroshizuku Ina-ho is to my eye a perfect match. Neither are as yellow as they appear in my inept photograph - they're almost murky green - gorgeous. If you know the colour of Ina-ho, you know the colour of the pen. B)

perkeo_indian_summer_sm.jpg.17d72858107ff87a6d886b8800025fd0.jpg

Lovely. It never ceases rot amaze me how people perceive the Ink-ho color. I see is very similarly to the photograph, rather yellow (golden brown), with just a hint of green. Others insist it is more green.

In any case, the pen does appear to be a great match!

So far today, I've only written in my my Bullet Journal which means it's a Kaweco Perkeo 'All Black' with a posting nib, inked with Van Dieman's Cradle Mountain Grey, as usual. It's a good pen - no sign of drying out as summer gets into it here - I'm happy with it, but still so inspired by the nib I'm saving the pennies for a Pilot. I think this was the gateway pen.

But, yeah, I pulled the cap off too quick, too many times, and it went splat. Right on the index page... that's life. I still love it.

perkeo_sm.jpg.cde41693badc7801aa547961b0a65c7c.jpg

Today's rotation pen is the guilty party to my pen fountain pen collecting (coincidentally speaking of gateways, AmandaW - not in practical terms as this was more expensive than nearly all my pens, especially after adding the gold nib, but more as the first purchase in over a decade that opened the door to the addiction 😉)

large.IMG_2290.jpg.2a18940618f3e718b845a68bb80a5f55.jpg

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

I ordered two Kaigelu-branded nibs that sport Togi-styled grinds as supplied. Together, they cost me about the same as a new Kaigelu 316 pen. Here's trying one of them out:

large.1108458746_KaigeluToginibwritingsampleinMonteverdeHorizonBlue.jpg.a9b2a8f97c283220a728e754f5b03899.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Well a Parker DUOFOLD streamlined in jade celluloid with factory stub arrived today. Quick fill with Waterman Serenity Blue. It has seen quite a bit of use today. :)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

1. Noodler's FPC (Cobalt flex nib) -- diluted Noodler's Blue Lobsters and Whales.  

2. Parker 51 Vac (black, F? nib) -- diluted Akkerman Koninginne Nach-Blauw.

3. Pelikan P22, (International #4, F? nib) -- Robert Oster Tokyo Blue Denim.

4. Parker Vector (Geometric, M nib) -- Robert Oster Dragon's Night.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Tonight, I am using my new, shiny red Optima - it's so beautiful! And it writes so nicely. I've inked it with Take-sumi.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.