What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Lamy Safari Savannah EF filled with Diamine Salamander - to my eye a pretty good colour match.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night was my M405 Blue, freshly flushed and refilled with Kana-cho, and a blue Sheaffer Cadet TD, freshly refilled with Yama-guri.

Tonight is the Green marble M200 with Golden Beryl.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Hello Everybody,

perhaps I should apologize for having been around this Forum for a while, without having posted here.

🙂

Yes, I have a few pens and use them on a daily basis, of course, my preferences often changing according to the needs and moods of the day. My favorites are european brands, MontBlanc and Pelikan. I prefer older pens to newer ones.

On this beautiful late summer day I’m traveling across Europe in an InterCity, and two pens are with me. They are both very old pens, even though some 40 years tells them apart:

-a green Pelikan 100 with 14K EEF nib, from 1934, inked with 4001 Dark Green

-a brown Pelikan 400NN by Merz&Krell with 14K EF nib, from 1974, inked with Iroshizuku Chiku Rin

Here they are:

5E02A076-4078-476C-91F7-431473819F67.jpeg.b524ac3b45866387f743da374b5ed598.jpeg

I like them because they’ve developed some personalized writing response from frequently and caringly being used...

Hope you like them.

Keep on cultivating the noble skills of handwriting.

All the best to everybody!

Beautifully restored by John MC2, in Palmerston North and newly arrived today in my rural mailbox.

285877274_Swan1.thumb.JPG.47b5096f897bac5d16ac06a6e2fe7d80.JPG

1991919439_swan2.thumb.JPG.163f18fc38607bd25a5f3f8365ee94c3.JPG

Mabie Todd, Swan SM 205/60, lighting makes it look a bit greenish but it is black. the chasing pattern causing a greyish, visual, vibration 'fuzz' appearance within the black plastic. The BHR lever give a warm brown/black sooo subtle as well.

I inked it with 'Montblanc Black' and saw something I had never seen before! As the bottle captured and refracted the sunlight I swear I saw the same red as 'precious resin'! Is that possible? Anyone? Am I having one of those days again?!

Been writing with it all night! Pen is magnificent! The end!

Goodnight.

vf

πTom

4 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

😉

830272155_Nockcase..thumb.jpg.4cc2e363b104457dd361abf513cc4ff7.jpg

That's better! Secure in a rugged ballistic nylon vest, if necessary, it can jump up and take a bullet for you... ;)

I hesitate to even mention this.  Not too long ago there was a very long, and at times, heated discussion of Mont Blanc Marilyn Monroe Special Edition fountain pen and sexism.  While I do not want to give new life to that debate, I can't but think that the two pens in the above post virtually scream sexism.

I am in a retro mood, so I decided to move my mid-80s Sheaffer Connoiseur up to #1 spot.  Nice pen.  Balck laquer, med 2-tone nib.  Got it 2 years ago as a NIB set with a BP.  The BP is very nice too, especially with a Monteverdi gel refill.  

So far today it's been the Teal Blue Parker 51 Aero, F nib, currently sporting a refill of Akkerman Delfts Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

4 hours ago, NgunnawalJack said:

Crystal Preppy 0.3 with Diamine Gingerbread from the 2019 Inkvent Calendar.

DD327CDE-8E06-4178-B2DB-30640FA27B25.jpeg

Platinum Preppy. It's a classic. 👍

On 9/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, ParramattaPaul said:

I hesitate to even mention this.  Not too long ago there was a very long, and at times, heated discussion of Mont Blanc Marilyn Monroe Special Edition fountain pen and sexism.  While I do not want to give new life to that debate, I can't but think that the two pens in the above post virtually scream sexism.

I asked my wife to take a look at the two pens and she thought that the pens did not scream sexism as much as they screamed pinkism! I think she is correct on this point. I don't see why a man can't appreciate pink and want a pen of that color. And if he did it would not be sexist, would it? For me it is a moot point as I am seriously color blind and I can't see pink. That's why I asked my wife to take a look. 

2 hours ago, yubaprof said:

I asked my wife to take a look at the two pens and she thought that the pens did not scream sexism as much as they screamed pinkism! I think she is correct on this point. I don't see why a man can't appreciate pink and want a pen of that color. And if he did it would not be sexist, would it? For me it is a moot point as I am seriously color blind and I can't see pink. That's why I asked my wife to take a look. 

large.IMG_7028.JPG.2d5b0d7015a11011a07766113e0bcbef.JPGlarge.IMG_7029.JPG.2335e5d0651c3a57e6018e4725ba4a3b.JPG

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles