What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

My M300 Ruby with Levenger Pinkly! last night but as it was my 1/2 day shift I didn't write very much.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/9/2021 at 5:56 AM, ethernautrix said:

I really like the deep, shiny, depth-less black of PCB, but it does widen the lines made with the nib and it is a high-maintenance ink, in that it leaves a residue after you've flushed your pen. I don't know if this will create problems down the line. I haven't experienced any, and I haven't heard of clogging issues with PCB from others.

My 823 (now with its original F nib) rests in the Pen Valise, because I have five inked pens currently (four with Pilot nibs (two of which aren't Pilot pens, hehe!)), but it is a very fine pen, deserving of the many accolades that convinced me to give it a try.

As I catch up with the rest of the writing world right now (and, yeah, it's been a while), my writing go-tos have been rather consistent, but with an addition or two: a pair of Pilot Custom 823s (F in Smoke, M in Amber) and matte-black Vanishing Point, whose recently-damaged M nib was replaced with a black-ion plated F). Inks are all Pilot's big-bottle standard (not Iroshizuku, although I've nothing at all against those), Black in the Smoke 823, Blue in the Amber 823, and BB in the VP, because once in a while a pen can go unused foe upwards of a week, and I don't care to wrestle with cool-looking but irascible ink. And, in the name of keeping things (relatively) simple, I'll eventually sell off my Custom 74 and motley Eversharp Skyline ("motley" on account of a color-mismatched front section…no idea on the why/wherefore of that).

threepilotsVPposterSm.jpg

Parker 51 with Robert Oster Barossa Grape

Platinum Balance M with Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa

Although of course the Parker 51 has a hooded nib and the Balance has an open one, these two pens are otherwise surprisingly similar in size, shape, nib width, and wetness, so I thought they would make a good pairing for the comparison of these two inks.

First on the line is my *new* (i.e. 2021) P-51 "Deluxe".  Med nib, blue-black ink (I gotta get a fine one, too!).  Detractors notwithstanding, I like it and it is convenient.  Second in line, Sheaffer PFM IV, fine nib black ink.  Just brought an Aurora 88 Giove up to my office but have not filled it yet.  Also, I always have my Pilot Vanishing Point (Tropical Turquoise) at the ready.  All on my desk.  I work on a keyboard, but do my outlines and "figgerin" on a notepad with real ink.

So far today it's been the Medieval Lapis Konrad, flex nib, with Noodler's Akhmatova.  Next up will be the blue Cross Solo, B nib, with Akkerman SBRE Brown (finally getting a chance to test the ink out).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have three pens inked up today:

• Montblanc 146 with Diamine Mediterranean Blue
  • 90's Pilot capless with Diamine China Blue
  • Montblanc 14 with Diamine Misty Blue

Guess I'm in a blue mood today...

I've only recently purchased the MB 146, and I'm not quite convinced yet that it a pen for me. It's rather back heavy.

I'm using my broad nib Gravitas Entry and Tudor Blue ink for today's zoom meeting's note-taking.

9 hours ago, NgunnawalJack said:

Looks lovely 

Thanks.  It is a nice writing pen, and those gold flakes have been eye catching.

13 minutes ago, mallymal1 said:

Montblanc 146. Medium nib. Diamine Kensington Blue.

524429544_Montblanc146.thumb.JPG.4d72e8b0f7373b4281169b696aa84284.JPG

Very nice, but I hope you don't carry the pen like that! :)