What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jinhao 166 - F. nib.  Ink:  Dryden Designs Decadent Purple.  Working on a 

design for a machine knitting project.

WIN_20210904_18_54_19_Pro.jpg

Inspired by readytotalk, I used my M400 blue-striped tonight. It's been laying on the desk here, I've just been using other pens.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Caran d’Ache Ecridor

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

20 hours ago, chromantic said:

Inspired by readytotalk, I used my M400 blue-striped tonight. It's been laying on the desk here, I've just been using other pens.

Flattering I was able to inspire someone with my humble sample. @chromantic, very kind of you)

Regards, Alexey

On 9/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, ethernautrix said:

Eight pens for September:

#1 Moonman C2 (Pilot PO nib), Noodler's Black

2. Nakaya Piccolo Cigar (NPC) Kuro (EF), Noodler's Black

3. NPC Kuro-roiro (CI), Platinum Blue-Black

4. NPC Heki (Platinum UEF), Platinum Carbon Black

5. Pilot CH92 (EF), Pilot Blue

6. Pilot Falcon (SEF), Lamy Red

7.TWSBI Vac Mini (EF), Sailor Shikiori Sakura-mori

8. Moonman Wancai Mini (0.7), Iroshizuku Take-sumi

Ugh. What is it with the fussing?! Made it to Sunday, September 5, before making a coupla changes.

So now... two contrast inks, one blue and one pink. The first two are my EDC, plus a Uni-ball Signo RT gel pen.

1. Moonman C2 (Pilot PO), Noodler's Black

2. Nakaya Piccolo Kuro-aka (EF), Platinum Carbon Black

3. Pilot CH92 (EF), Pilot Blue

4. Pilot Falcon (SEF), Sailor Shikiori Sakura-mori

5. TWSBI Vac Mini (EF), Noodler's Black

6. Moonman Wancai Mini (0.7), Iroshizuku Take-sumi

Edited by ethernautrix
Formatting difficulties

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I'm just finishing off Monday the 6th thanks to a clever time zone that runs longitudinally through the Pacific Ocean.

Cleared away the desk 'assortment' after several months of harmless, wholesome pen-love! (Swans, Pelikans and several playful Kaweco knick knacks)

Since then my Poland, IG Blue Black arrived and I chose a Lamy studio, with lovely wet, gold nib to learn about 'iron gall' behaviour. It felt like hard work for a while pushing a 'medium' nib after writing with my 'fines' but it was lush, juicy and glistening and the effect was mesmerizing!!

Lamy LX Marron with Lamy Topaz crystal ink, is also working hard tonight.

Just won an auction for a 1930's Mabie Todd, Black Swan , with a #2 nib! Paid a 'pretty-penny' for it but, if it has half the character of my 'Snakeskin' model, I'll be proud to have it in the "Swan Lake"? nest?!

vf

πTom

So far today it's been one of the Parker Vectors I got on eBay recently.  This is the one that has reconstituted Quink Permanent Blue in it (at least I'm assuming that's what the ink is because it had a dead cartridge installed when it came); so I'm using whatever was left in the feed when I went to flush it out the first time.  Really starting to think that the "2" on the underside of the feed means it's an F nib -- both of the new-to-me Vectors are marked as "2" rather than with a letter code for the nib width, but I don't remember seeing that for the other US productions Vectors I have (and there doesn't seem to be a date code on either pen, either).

Later, I may be playing with the blue Cross Solo, B nib, which got inked up last night with Akkerman SBRE Brown.  I don't know whether it's going to end up being the case where I don't like the ink, or whether I DO like it but can't easily get it (someone in another thread posted that it's out of stock at Vanness again, the way Delfts Blue was for so long; I got lucky on Delfts Blue and had signed up for a notification that ink was back in stock recently, so snagged a bottle when I had the chance).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A trusted seller is offering a 'Magna' on a local auction site. Of course I would be proud to join the 'Magna Club', Paul, but ran out of pennies!! All my 'Onotos', put together, would barely cover the entry fee!!

A fully restored Conway Stewart 206 and MT, Black Swan due to touch down tomorrow. Thankful that these old treasures are still popping up on antique sites.

vf

πTom

39 minutes ago, Versofolio said:

Thankful that these old treasures are still popping up on antique sites.

So am I.

8 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Another day with an Onoto Magna and Oxford Blue ink.

I’d like to see photos if you have any!  I am interested in a Magna as well.  

This just happened....

1898364464_IMG_20210907_113304928_HDR2.thumb.jpg.d9c540166fb104a0d55ed4a238143e19.jpg

All this time, five or six years, I wish I could use a Pilot PO nib in my Nakaya Piccolo. What an impossibility!

I've had the Pilot 823 for, what?, two-and-a-half years? Plus the 743, cos I had to swap out the nibs to have the 823 with the PO.

Why did it bother me this morning, to try the #15 nib in a Piccolo? Hadn't I already tried that? Hm?

I thought about it again, because the EF in my daily Piccolo, even accounting for the ink, writes more like an F, maybe even a Western F. UGH! Nakaya's nibs seem to lose their fine-ness so quickly. I've been using this EF only since it arrived last December.

Even accounting for paper and ink, Pilot (14kt) nibs perform best out of any that I've used extensively and hold their tipping. If only I could use a Pilot PO nib in this Piccolo, I lamented for the nth time. The #10 I've been using near-daily for nearly six years seems the same. I've long wanted to put that nib into this Piccolo.

But the #10 is too small. I know that. Stop looking, I chide myself. What about the #15? I've checked. I've done this before.

Haven't I?

Have I?

Even as I went to the Pen Valise to pull out the Pilot 743 and another Piccolo, to experiment on lesser favorites, I told myself, What a waste of time! I've done this before!

I compared the nibs. Nakaya is smaller than the Pilot #15. I fully expected failure. Again. (I was certain I'd already tried this.)

I pulled out the nibs and feeds of both pens and put the Pilot nib and feed into the other Piccolo.

Plup!

It fit.

Wait, what? What? 

So... even though I had serious misgivings about pulling the newest nib out of the newest Piccolo, which is inked with Platinum Carbon Black, I did and put the P823's PO nib and feed into it... and...

MY WISH WAS GRANTED.

I am well and truly gobsmacked. And chuffed. I can hardly believe it.

Put a fork in it, I'm done. (No, I'm not listening to the voice that says I can replace my Nakayas' nibs with other Pilot #15 nibs. No. Shut up.)

I'll try this for a while, make sure it isn't a momentary fluke. I mean, it's been less than a half-hour since the great transformation. Things could still go wrong. But right now (and yes, I have no one nearby to share this happy news with; Łapa is pretending to snooze so I don't feel guilty about not feeding her yet, cos she is a good girl!), wow... I have a Nakaya Piccolo Cigar kuro-tamenuri with a freakin' PILOT PO NIB IN IT!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.