What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Kaweco Al-Sport denim 

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noodler's Konrad Medieval Lapis, flex nib -- Noodler's Akhmatova; and Sailor 1911S Loch Ness monster, MF nib -- diluted Sailor US Series Pennsylvania.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Parker 51 burgundy with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple

Waterman Man 100 EF with Robert Oster Barossa Grape

Kuretake #8 brush pen with TAG Kyoto Nurebairo

With 9 pens currently being cleaned, decided to ink up the Jinhao 601 with wave

pattern - M. nib.  Ink:  Diamine Prussian Blue.  For evening journaling and writing

on the Golden and Imperial Eagle.

WIN_20210820_22_18_54_Pro.jpg

On 8/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, ENewton said:

I use mostly very fine nibs, and my handwriting is tiny, so I don't use ink very fast.

Ah.  I use a broad nib, and my handwriting is 'smallish'.

Today, I used three pens, an Onoto Magna, and a Conway Stewart Churchill and Duro.  I re-inked two, a the Duro and the Magna.

Lamy 2000 fine and Montblanc 144R (red) medium.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Writing more letters today, using a couple of pens.  Pelikan 600, Sailor 1911, and Mont Blanc 146. Filled with in order Edelstein Topaz, Ackerman Simplisties Violet, and Mont Blanc Midnight Blue.

Lamy Safari Mango. Still working on using the first cartridge up so I can change to the mango ink.

D199EF9F-582A-465C-BE81-68A854B6E5EF.jpeg

On 8/4/2021 at 11:41 AM, Inkyways said:

My new restored Wahl Eversharp  desk pen as a dip writer. 

Ink I used is Diamine  Imperial purple  in the ink well, and Diamine Autumn Oak orange.

Great antique pen that needs lot of merits in a good hand.

IMG_0120.jpg

Love the looks of your restored Wahl Eversharp desk pen, as well as your 

handwriting!   Currently have a Eversharp Desk Pen, Sheaffer White

Dot Desk Pen, and (2) Esterbrook Desk sets and actually enjoy dipping

my pens in an ink well when writing.  Brings back memories of my

great grandfather and him using his desk pens in his podiatry office.

Today I washed out my Pilot Justus and am using my 146 Bordeaux. 

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today a Kaweco Supra in brass (EF), filled with Diamine Ancient Copper.

I like to keep this one brightly polished, so once in a while when I am sitting in front of the television, I will polish it, and the I enjoy the shine so much that I often spend the next day writing with it.

I really wish Kaweco would come out with a version or the Supra in pure copper, like with the Liliput. I can’t imagine there is a technical reason why they don’t, but I also know from personal experience that there is typically more effort than one thinks to maintain product variants, and I don’t know how big a seller the Supra is.

I've never owned a PENBBS fountain pen. I saw their model 268 selling for less than $20 including shipping on AliExpress.  It's a vacuum-fill demonstrator. I didn't need another pen. I have several other demonstrators similar to this 268.  But I wanted to see how it compares with something like a TWSBI Diamond 580. No surprise here. You get what you pay for. This new pen is no Diamond 580. It's something like a Monteverde Monza with a vacuum-fill upgrade. Anyway, I loaded it with Iroshizuku asa gao and it's a pretty smooth writer with a generous feed. I ordered a medium nib, but it seems more like a fine #6 nib to me. I risked a little adjustment of the tines and gave it a quick series of figure eights on some micromesh pads so it now feels more medium-ish and smoother than it felt straight out of the box.

If you want a fairly cheap vacuum-fill demonstrator, you can't really go wrong with this pen. The finish is great. There is no sign of adhesives or lines from extrusion or molds on the cap or barrel. It's all very clean and sharp. Does anyone know whether PENBBS makes their own nibs?  I'm including a photo here. I like the design on the nib. It's etched with 2005 and Shanghai China.

3557F996-7A30-41B4-82D8-2B3171AA82B7_1_105_c.jpeg

4C50881E-01DD-4822-A65F-78061636DCC3_1_105_c.jpeg

14 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Today I washed out my Pilot Justus and am using my 146 Bordeaux. 

I'm saving up for a 146 Bordeaux Pakman. I hope there a still some left by the time I get there...if I ever get there!!

Thank you for your post. I enjoy your quiet, 'just getting on with it' approach.

Always appreciated.

Today it's my 1934(?) Swan, Mabie Todd, Snakeskin. There was some 'Van Dieman's Tiger Snake' ink (Venom) nearby but I changed to 'Montblanc, Royale Blue just before taking the pic. While it is amusing matching pen colours with ink shades I usually just want something 'traditional' for my 'vintage' pens.

vf ..dipped...and held under for some time!🥴

IMG_0969.thumb.JPG.ec6c17e1a65f9bb47f30b87918e84965.JPGIMG_0968.thumb.JPG.33775e5ada6fbc9ec0b9f8935dfcf584.JPG

πTom