What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

6 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Not a lot of writing for me today, other than morning pages -- I have alternated between making marzipan fruit and dealing with various and sundry emails and phone calls (several of both being spam :angry:, and one of the calls is very likely to get a retaliatory phone call playing obnoxious music late at night or very early in the morning).  Then, after dinner, it's back to the marzipan.  I made 3 dozen marzipan peaches (plus a few extras which I felt were flubs) this afternoon, and then I need to make about 3 dozen marzipan strawberries tonight.  

For morning pages, it was the Teal 51 Aero, with Akkerman Delfts Blue.   Such a lovely color blue :wub: -- when I got the notice from Vanness that they had it back in stock, I snagged a full bottle as quickly as possible! :thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Many years ago--decades in fact--one of the projects for my daughter's birthday party was to make marzipan gargoyles to decorate a cake representing Notre Dame de Paris.  I will not be making another such cake, because I don't have enough people to help me eat it, but your message inspires me to make the gargoyles again, with my granddaughter this time.  Thank you for the prompt.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, ENewton said:

I use mostly very fine nibs, and my handwriting is tiny, so I don't use ink very fast.

Ah.  I use a broad nib, and my handwriting is 'smallish'.

21 minutes ago, ENewton said:

Many years ago--decades in fact--one of the projects for my daughter's birthday party was to make marzipan gargoyles to decorate a cake representing Notre Dame de Paris.  I will not be making another such cake, because I don't have enough people to help me eat it, but your message inspires me to make the gargoyles again, with my granddaughter this time.  Thank you for the prompt.  

Oh, what fun!  If you do it again, post pix!

A number of years ago I got talked into doing a class on marzipan after  an SCA meeting at someone's house.  I discovered that the participants were mostly kids (and the mother of one of them) and thought "Okay, I'll show them how to make oranges and in 20 minutes they'll be bored...."  But then the host and hostess's daughter (who is now in college!) said "I want to make a pineapple!  How do you make a pineapple?"  And I was going, "Uh, I've never actually made one..." and then all the other kids went crazy with it it: flowers, dragons, you name it....  Then I taught it at an event, and someone (who is now an adult and married -- I remember going to HER mom's baby shower before she was born :o made a teeny little box of MacDonald's fries...).  

It's like edible Playdough, except you can't really reconstitute it too well after it dries.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This was an inadvertent "run pens dry" day:

Sailor 1911S Wicked Witch (music nib) -- Kobe Taisanji Yellow (trying to decide if I'm refilling -- I don't have a lot of the sample left, or refilling with distilled water, or flushing the pen out).

Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster (MF nib) -- diluted Sailor US Series Pennsylvania (refilled with distilled water to see how legible it still is).

Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop (stub nib) -- diluted vintage Skrip Peacock (that got flushed around lunchtime).

In addition to those three pens, I'm also using the Teal Parker 51 Aero (F nib) with Akkerman Delfts Blue LE (such a lovely restful color! :wub:)

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today I am using a Sailor 1911 standard with the Zoom nib, and Sailor Blue Black cartridges.   It’s interesting how the pen sings as you write.  🙂

Troy

A rare Geha 780. Full stripped.  Some of the 760 flag ship was black capped and  grey stripped. The 790 was just a black and gold pen.

It was only last year or a year and a half ago that I found out there was a 780 Geha.

I've had great 790's for 12 years. Back then they were the cheapest semi-flex pen. Knew about a 760 for a longer time than when I finally got one.They were always 20% more expensive than the 790.

LOM is why I don't drive a Rolls.

The Geha 780 has a maxi-semi-flex B. I have a Geha 790 EF that is also a maxi-semi-flex.

Luckily the seller was not a professional photographer or it would have cost more money.

5rhiDcF.jpg

The nib cleaned right up with a touch of the Sunshine cloth.

There is nothing special that shows it as a maxi instead of a semi.

Deguasa make the Geha nibs, and made maxi&semi for Osmia also.

Other companies bought gold ribbon wheels from Degussa ....which explains that my WAG that one semi-flex pen in 5 is a maxi.

I have maxies from Geha, MB, Pelikan, Osmia and a few other brands. Have now some 16 maxies....35 semi-flex.

Degussa may have just taken any wheel out of the bin, and none of the other companies but Osmia noticed enough to mark their nibs maxi or semi....have learned from posters with a slew of Osmia pens, an Oamia Supra nib was not always a maxi.

98lcPfy.jpg

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

11 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

A rare Geha 780. Full stripped.

Really nice looking pen. Enjoy!

Ranga Bamboo, PO nib, Mnemosyne notebook, americano coffee ...

a-18.jpg.ebd902a1b2c0b8b7b678831387beee14.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

I just inked up my Sailor 1911L Black Lustre, M nib, with Robert Oster's Evening Sapphire and also, a Pilot Pura, M nib, with Robert Oster's Fire and Ice.

14 hours ago, akj782 said:

Using my Pelikan m205 Petrol with an EF gold nib from an m400 and a cap from an m205 Classic Black.

yo1small.jpg

@akj782 That’s an interesting book too!!  What’s the other pen?

Just sitting down to daily writing practice.  Today's pens are Platinum 3776 inked with Edelstein Olivine and Conklin Duragraph inked with Ferris Wheel Press Dusk in Bloom.  I'm afraid I've not been very frugal with inks of late.  I've been trying a single ink in all of my pens for a couple of weeks.  Flushed out a lot of fine ink from feeds but I NEEDED to know exactly how every pen handled each ink.