What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pilot Justus today!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

MB vermeil 

Airmail with titanium nib from Sanay Shah

Namisu Ixion - bock titanium nib

Krone -

Black unbranded pen - with what i think is a schmidt nib

Waterman Charleston rollerball. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-13 at 4.41.48 PM.jpeg

I was going to use my new Herbin FP again tonight but when I got to work I discovered I'd picked up the roller by mistake so I used the Opus 88 Red demo I've been keeping here.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Franklin Christoph model 20; Kirk Speer PO nib

a-13-2.jpg.e826ca71c405b8b6642cc71a8e20cca4.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Parker Vector (bright blue, F nib) with Pelikan 4001 Pink.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hero 359 - M. nib.  Ink:  Diamine Apple Glory

Wing Sung 3013 (Christmas Elk) Fude.  Ink:   Blue-Black

WIN_20210814_21_49_22_Pro.jpg

Jinhao x450, FPR ultraflex EF (and a pentel pocket brush pen with H2O):

a-14-1.jpg.960ccf628502e04eb84bfd0d75e1ccee.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

I am again down to my preferred number of fountain pens inked:

• A Parker 51 burgundy, with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple
  • A Sailor Pro Gear Purple Cosmos, with Sailor Kobe Taisanji Yellow

I am enjoying the contrast between very smooth writing, delivered by the Parker 51 with Suma Purple, and the feedback offered by the Sailor with Taisanji Yellow.

Also, if it counts as a pen, I am using a Kuretake #8 brush pen with TAG Kyoto Nurebairo.

Today it's been the Pilot Metropolitan Grey/Herringbone Retro Pop, stub nib, with somewhat diluted vintage Skrip Peacock, and the Parker 51 Aerometric, Teal Blue (I think), F nib, with Akkerman Delfts Blue.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

After months of use, three of the four pens I had in rotation exhausted their ink supply within the past three days. 

I am still using my Parker 51 burgundy with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple but, as of yesterday, am also using my Waterman Man 100 Opera with Barossa Grape.     

Kaweco Al Sport Distressed Denim with Diamine Blue Lightening ink 

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

1 hour ago, ENewton said:

After months of use, three of the four pens I had in rotation exhausted their ink supply within the past three days. 

I am still using my Parker 51 burgundy with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple but, as of yesterday, am also using my Waterman Man 100 Opera with Barossa Grape.     

Months?  I must be writing far more than I thought. I can get about a fortnight to a month out of each of the three pens I am currently using. 

Not a lot of writing for me today, other than morning pages -- I have alternated between making marzipan fruit and dealing with various and sundry emails and phone calls (several of both being spam :angry:, and one of the calls is very likely to get a retaliatory phone call playing obnoxious music late at night or very early in the morning).  Then, after dinner, it's back to the marzipan.  I made 3 dozen marzipan peaches (plus a few extras which I felt were flubs) this afternoon, and then I need to make about 3 dozen marzipan strawberries tonight.  

For morning pages, it was the Teal 51 Aero, with Akkerman Delfts Blue.   Such a lovely color blue :wub: -- when I got the notice from Vanness that they had it back in stock, I snagged a full bottle as quickly as possible! :thumbup:

7 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Months?  I must be writing far more than I thought. I can get about a fortnight to a month out of each of the three pens I am currently using. 

I use mostly very fine nibs, and my handwriting is tiny, so I don't use ink very fast.