What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Sailor 1911S Loch Ness monster, MF nib, with Sailor US Series Pennsylvania.

Pilot Metropolitan grey/herringbone Retro Pop, stub nib, with diluted vintage Skrip Peacock (I was too lazy to flush).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, N1003U said:

Beautiful pens.

Thanks. Older Marlens are underrated IMHO.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Parker 51 Burgundy F with Kobe Suma Purple  

Sailor Pro Gear Slim Purple Cosmos B with Kobe Taisanji Yellow

Parker Victory Mk 1, semi flex EF with J Herbin Cacao du Bresil

Shaeffer School Pen M with Robert Oster Purple Rock

Kuretake #8 brush pen with Kuretake Black dye-based ink

Esterbrook 8 Ball Desk Set - Nib #9668.  Ink:  Mixture (ink well dipping)  Am thoroughly enjoying this pen!!  Recent Ebay acquisition.

WIN_20210802_18_13_26_Pro.jpg

Opus 88 Halo (Lennon ToolBar) clear with fine nib, inked with Platinum Pigment Blue

IMG_20210803_164226.thumb.jpg.28a0a34f98a4f941b7005d9e15ea8afb.jpg

Cleaned out the Delta Fusion 82 and am using my Pilot Justus today

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I have a few on the go ...

First, for all quick jots, (not a fountain pen!!) a trusty Retro 51 retractable rollerball.  They really are good pens.  But for the more in volume work, I broke down and started using my Duofold 100 Year Ann. pen with Quink blue-black, and a Namiki - pilot Vanishing Point with Aurora black ink for doing math.  

On 7/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, jandrew said:

Thank you.

I generally do a rough ink-sketch and then hit the ink on the page with a waterbrush (pentel pocket brush filled with water) to basically "paint". I posted a little vid once on reddit --- here is a trimmed and sped up (2x) version starting where I bring in the waterbrush to a very rough "sketch" (apologies for focus shifting in and out):

lovely technique, thanks for showing us

On 7/25/2021 at 5:33 PM, stacybean said:

This is a great pen! Thanks for inspiring me to fill ‘er up.  Beautiful acrylic and luscious stub nib.

ah, but which one?

I have one currently inked too! The dark green one!

large.1859091171_Deltafusion82green.jpg.3758f99c678563c41b68b45d9c8ef13b.jpg

My new restored Wahl Eversharp  desk pen as a dip writer. 

Ink I used is Diamine  Imperial purple  in the ink well, and Diamine Autumn Oak orange.

Great antique pen that needs lot of merits in a good hand.

IMG_0120.jpg

Lamy LE Al-Star in Orange today!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Currently inked:

Esterbrook SM Deluxe Burgundy, 9450 nib, with J Herbin Bleu Pervenche

Parker 51 Demi with fine nib, R&K Sepia 

Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe in Blue , medium nib, Diamine Delamere Green

Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe Burgundy, medium nib, KWZ IG Green Gold

The last one was recovered from a corn field after three weeks, fortunately the corn is high, so other than a little dirt, looks otherwise unharmed. Hazards of the job, though haven't lost a pen in the field for almost ten years, and that was a Lamy Safari in soybeans, and that pen was definitely faded from UV, and the cap was looser then before too. 

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

So far today it's been the green (Avocado Green?) Parker Vector, F nib, with Monteverde Rose Noir.  

If I get energetic enough (but that's looking less and less likely since it's already after 3 PM :() I will go back to the test of Kobe Taisanji Yellow in the the Sailor 1911S Wicked Witch pen, music nib.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Twsbi Eco (F) - Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-Budo
  • Fountain Pen Revolution Darjeeling, Goulet (B), Waterman Serenity Blue
  • Pilot Custom Urushi (MF), Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai
  • Moonman C1 (M?), Noodler's Ink Manjiro Nakahama Whaleman's Sepia

That Moonman claims it has a fine nib, but it writes like a medium.

"The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here..." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

A strange combination today:

Dani Trio Yin Yang

Gravitas Celtic Knot 

Krone Hyperbole 

20210804_143938.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

Moonman M8 - M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Turquoise

Lamy Al-Star - M. nib.  Ink:  Blue ink cartridge

4 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

If I get energetic enough (but that's looking less and less likely since it's already after 3 PM :() I will go back to the test of Kobe Taisanji Yellow in the the Sailor 1911S Wicked Witch pen, music nib.

I look forward to your impressions of Taisanji Yellow.

A recent restoration, Staedtler Tradition piston fill stylographic pen.   Writes just like a ball pen. 

Sailor Shirgure

E0A74F0F-805B-4C25-8F16-4767CBDA245D.jpeg