What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Kaweco Sport clear demonstrator with OS Nitrogen.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Parker 75 Cisel with a Fine nib and Noodlers Bulletproof black.

Delta Fusion 82 for today

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I have the best buddy in the world. He lent me 2 Nakayas, a Dani Trio Genkai, 2 Wanchers, a Tibaldi, a Ranga, an Edison, Ajoto, Shon, Ensso and a Desiderata, and told me to go play. 

Today:

20210722_120721.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

Today I inked up very unusual Soviet desk pen of "rocket era" - "Луна 2", named after Luna 2 - the first spacecraft to reach the surface of the Moon, and the first human-made object to make contact with another celestial body. Luna 2 was launched on 12 September 1959, on 13 September 1959, it reached the Moon's surface east of Mare Imbrium.

The spacecraft brought to the Moon pentagonal shields with words "СССР Сентябрь 1959" (a copy of what is on the stand). 

20210723_183044.thumb.jpg.b49bc96f3aa8cae995fa80d296bc2928.jpg

Regards, Alexey

12 minutes ago, readytotalk said:

Today I inked up very unusual Soviet desk pen of "rocket era" - "Луна 2", named after Luna 2 - the first spacecraft to reach the surface of the Moon, and the first human-made object to make contact with another celestial body. Luna 2 was launched on 12 September 1959, on 13 September 1959, it reached the Moon's surface east of Mare Imbrium.

The spacecraft brought to the Moon pentagonal shields with words "СССР Сентябрь 1959" (a copy of what is on the stand). 

20210723_183044.thumb.jpg.b49bc96f3aa8cae995fa80d296bc2928.jpg

Very interesting. I enjoy pens that have some historical significance, and as I am educated (partly) as an aerospace engineer, the specific history of this pen is even more interesting.

What is the filling system for the pen?

23 hours ago, Doug C said:

I have the best buddy in the world. He lent me 2 Nakayas, a Dani Trio Genkai, 2 Wanchers, a Tibaldi, a Ranga, an Edison, Ajoto, Shon, Ensso and a Desiderata, and told me to go play. 

Today:

20210722_120721.jpg

That is quite a haul. I'd be busy for months with those pens, LOL!

2 hours ago, N1003U said:

Very interesting. I enjoy pens that have some historical significance, and as I am educated (partly) as an aerospace engineer, the specific history of this pen is even more interesting.

What is the filling system for the pen?

The filling system is built-in converter, typical for most Soviet pens. Impressive ink capacity - 1.5 ml.

BTW, hooded 14K nib with a little bit of line variation.

717812014_20190206_151604.thumb.jpg.3dc47915edcb331d7d59aba058ff5e53.jpg

Regards, Alexey

Arrived today - Jinhao 100 Centennial Red - F. nib.

Ink:  Dryden Designs Luscious Pink (just a bit to try out the nib)

WIN_20210723_16_24_37_Pro.jpg

Today I have been writing with a " Lucky find " old Wearever filled with Aurora Black. It came with one ink cartridge that I refill with a syringe since they don't make cartridges anymore. I haven't tried using any other refill.  Nonetheless, it is a smooth medium writer and very lightweight. 

20 hours ago, Helen350 said:

Arrived today - Jinhao 100 Centennial Red - F. nib.

Ink:  Dryden Designs Luscious Pink (just a bit to try out the nib)

WIN_20210723_16_24_37_Pro.jpg

I have almost bought a number of these several times. They have three or four colors I really like. My problem is I like broad nibs, so the pen would double in price as I'd be placing an order for a Goulet nib or something to swap the nib...

I also don't really need any more pens, so there is that...LOL.

Today it's been the Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop Grey/Herringbone, stub nib, with vintage Skrip Peacock.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: That was posted earlier in the day.  Since then, I also used the Sheaffer Star Wars Yoda pen, M nib, with the partially used cartridge of Skrip Black which came in the pen (and yes, I *did* mean "in", not "with" :(); and the Sailor 1911S Loch Ness monster, MF nib, with Sailor US Series Pennsylvania.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today I am using my Sailor 1911 large sized with a H-MF emperor hooded nib.  Such a nice writer!!!  Using Pelikan Konigsblau, also some Sailor black cartridges.  :0)

On 7/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, PAKMAN said:

Delta Fusion 82 for today

This is a great pen! Thanks for inspiring me to fill ‘er up.  Beautiful acrylic and luscious stub nib.

Jinhao x450 blue marble with FC turquoise cartridge which split and poured itself out through the feed. I’m not sure whether it was expansion with the local extreme heat, or damage during installation.

Lamy 2K (Brown edition) <F> - Edelstein Smoky Quartz

Sailor 1911L (Key Lime) <F> - Sailor Studio 740 (blue)

Sheaffer Targa 1007 <M> - Iroshizuku Take-sumi

Sailor Pro Gear (Yellow) <F> - Kobe #7 (blue-black)

Once again, I'm using my broad nib Onoto Magna.  I must admit that as much as I love vintage and modern Conway Stewart pens that they have been taking a backseat to the Onoto lately.

I must add that the Onoto, which does not post, has broken me of a lifelong habit of posting caps.

Today I had to do some letters and decided to write them by hand instead of using the computer.

So, used my Lamy Studio with an italic nib and Noodlers Bad Belted Kingfisher - blue black ink.

On good quality 90 GSM paper it's an excellent combination. 

Orange LE Lamy Al-Star.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!