What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Spent the evening cleaning pens.  Inked my TWSBI Eco - M. nib.

Ink:  Chesterfield Turquoise.  For my late nite journaling.

WIN_20210714_01_29_30_Pro.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A sketch with this newly restored American brand pen ca.1940s.

spacer.png

Ink: Vinta Armada Gray

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

Most of the pens I am currently using have been inked for several weeks, but I recently filled my Parker 51 burgundy with my favorite ink, Sailor Kobe Suma Purple.  I don't count the burgundy among my favorite pens, mainly because I have a plum that is exactly my favorite color, but the nib is luxuriously smooth and showcases Suma Purple beautifully.   

Getting acquainted with this Universal Uni-Flow (ca. 1940's) that arrived yesterday from Redeempens --- and a little doodle in tribute to @penwash's original sketch for this pen:jul-17-z.jpg.b14c1ee84a8df0e5f83e491fea33f301.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

22 hours ago, jandrew said:

Getting acquainted with this Universal Uni-Flow (ca. 1940's) that arrived yesterday from Redeempens --- and a little doodle in tribute to @penwash's original sketch for this pen:jul-17-z.jpg.b14c1ee84a8df0e5f83e491fea33f301.jpg

Woah! Love that sketch. Your application of wash is unique and it conveys dreamy quality.

- Will

1 hour ago, penwash said:

Woah! Love that sketch. Your application of wash is unique and it conveys dreamy quality.

Thank you.

I generally do a rough ink-sketch and then hit the ink on the page with a waterbrush (pentel pocket brush filled with water) to basically "paint". I posted a little vid once on reddit --- here is a trimmed and sped up (2x) version starting where I bring in the waterbrush to a very rough "sketch" (apologies for focus shifting in and out):

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

An Omas Cristoforo Colombo II M and my grandfather's gold Sheaffer Snorkel Triumph M upstairs, and three demonstrators downstairs--a Franklin-Christoph Model 31 Omnis MCI, my faithful Opus 88 stub, and an amber Jinhao 599A F sent with some ink for review. Here's the FC:

FC Model 31 Antique Glass.JPG

On 7/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, jandrew said:

Congrats on that purchase. I looked at it multiple times one day and almost pulled the trigger, but I've bought too many pens lately. I hope you enjoy it!

4 hours ago, jandrew said:

Thank you.

I generally do a rough ink-sketch and then hit the ink on the page with a waterbrush (pentel pocket brush filled with water) to basically "paint". I posted a little vid once on reddit --- here is a trimmed and sped up (2x) version starting where I bring in the waterbrush to a very rough "sketch" (apologies for focus shifting in and out):

Fabulous - thank you :)

Lamy Al-Star LE in Orange

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Broad nib Conway Stewart Duro with Diamine Regency Blue.

Ranga baseball bat

Wancher urushi 

Nakaya Piccolo 

Blackwing w extender

20210720_164741.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

1. Vintage Sheaffer Balance Oversize, F nib -- diluted vintage Skrip Permanent Royal Blue.

2. Noodler's Konrad, flex nib -- Noodler's El Lawrence.

3. Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop, stub nib -- vintage Skrip Peacock.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here’s todays trio.  

Mont Blanc 324 BF
Mont Blanc 146

Sailor 1911 Large sized

17AA2305-32DE-4AB1-A0DC-E4CFF3830561.jpeg

On 7/16/2021 at 10:46 AM, penwash said:

A sketch with this newly restored American brand pen ca.1940s.

spacer.png

Ink: Vinta Armada Gray

wow nice pen 

4 minutes ago, penlady1961 said:

wow nice pen 

Thank you.

I restore vintage pens like this one and find good homes for them.

- Will