What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, AJ20 said:

Very artistic. Liked the ink color and pen. Which ink did you use? :) 

Thanks, the ink is home-mix (using diamine Writer's Blood x 2, Van Dieman's Blackened Seas x 1, and Franklin Christoph Midnight Emerald x 1 ... then diluted about 50% with distilled water). 

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

i've used 5 different pens (and inks) today.  Two Conway Stewarts, an Onoto, and two Worcester pen Co pens.  I've had a busy day.

Eversharp Fifth Avenue in Army Brown. I love this pen.

spacer.png

Pelikan Edelstein Smoky Quartz.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

Pilot Metropolitan - M. nib.  Ink:  Rohrer & Klinger Alt Goldgrun

Jinhao 777 - F nib.  Ink:  Diamine Sherwood Green

WIN_20210702_23_20_25_Pro.jpg

7 hours ago, jandrew said:

Thanks, the ink is home-mix (using diamine Writer's Blood x 2, Van Dieman's Blackened Seas x 1, and Franklin Christoph Midnight Emerald x 1 ... then diluted about 50% with distilled water). 

Great! I found that to be an unusually pleasant color. Thanks for sharing your mix. Cheers! :) 

7 hours ago, penwash said:

Eversharp Fifth Avenue in Army Brown. I love this pen.

spacer.png

Pelikan Edelstein Smoky Quartz.

Fab :)

Sheaffer No Nonsense - F. stub.  Ink:  Iroshizuku Kon Peki

Lamy Joy - 1.1 stub.  Ink:  Diamine Aurora Borealis

Jinhao 777 F. nib.  Ink:  Sheaffer Red

WIN_20210703_23_22_37_Pro.jpg

It's a Sheaffer day for me (so far, anyway): 

Sailor Star Wars Pop Yoda, M nib -- Monterverde Mulberry Noir.

vintage Sheaffer Balance Oversize (the pen which belonged to my husband's grandfather, repaired and with a replacement cap), F (I think) nib -- vintage Skrip Permanent (?) Royal Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm using my newly restored 1935ish Wearever Combo in raspberry and maroon celluloid.  I broke the rules and put a number 20 sac in it for a modicum of capacity, the sac having to be so short to accommodate the mechanical pencil.  The ink is WW 2 era Parker Quink Permanent Blue Black with Solv-X.  It's writing well.

Cliff

“The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.”  John Adams

Onoto Heritage w Simpole overlay

Platinum Hiakawa silver pencil. 

20210705_125011.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

Ive been using this trio for the past week.  

Visconti Copernicus with a stylographic nib

MontBlanc 146 with a Broad nib

Sailor 1911 Standard with the Music nib.  

All filled with some version of blue ink!  

P.s I miss the classifieds.  

So far, I've used three pens with three different inks:  an Onoto, and  two Conway Stewart's.

On 6/30/2021 at 12:46 AM, Doug C said:

Ancora Perla 

Stipula Alter Ego Facciotatto

20210629_164203.jpg

Lovely pens Doug!

Allow me to correct the Italian spelling of your Alter Ego, which should spell "sfaccettata" (faceted).

"The pen" (la penna) in Italian is a feminine word so the adjective faceted needs to be feminine too, both end with an "a".
Also peculiar the fact that faceted starts with an "s" in Italian "sfaccettata". That "s" has a meaning to intend the surface is cut into faces, a bit similar to "defaced"... :)

I know the faceted Etruria was a limited edition done by Stipula for Chatterley, I own one in the champagne celluloid. Great pens!

Back into rotation this week, and in use today, this Delta The Journal in the red version.

large.994544332_P1200494-3DeltaTheJournalrossa.jpg.9c2923926f1a7584314326b3ea0f48ed.jpg

large.938459191_P1200495-3DeltatheJournalred.jpg.41146e295f940464626f934e278a85cd.jpg

5 hours ago, sansenri said:

Lovely pens Doug!

Allow me to correct the Italian spelling of your Alter Ego, which should spell "sfaccettata" (faceted).

"The pen" (la penna) in Italian is a feminine word so the adjective faceted needs to be feminine too, both end with an "a".
Also peculiar the fact that faceted starts with an "s" in Italian "sfaccettata". That "s" has a meaning to intend the surface is cut into faces, a bit similar to "defaced"... :)

I know the faceted Etruria was a limited edition done by Stipula for Chatterley, I own one in the champagne celluloid. Great pens!

Thanks for the correction.  I knew something was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

20 hours ago, sansenri said:

Back into rotation this week, and in use today, this Delta The Journal in the red version.

large.994544332_P1200494-3DeltaTheJournalrossa.jpg.9c2923926f1a7584314326b3ea0f48ed.jpg

large.938459191_P1200495-3DeltatheJournalred.jpg.41146e295f940464626f934e278a85cd.jpg

Always enjoy the backgrounds of your photos!!!