What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

11 hours ago, NgunnawalJack said:

Beautiful.  Haven’t seen much in the way of Russian pens, modern or Soviet-era.

Soviet pens are rare, it`s true. Most of Soviet upper-level pens are perfect writers (if in good condition, of course). 14K gold nibs were made very accurately.

Regards, Alexey

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, penwash said:

Why thank you. I don't often post on FPN, you must have seen my sketches somewhere else :)

Yeah, that reddit place usually. Is that pen getting listed on your site?

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

5 hours ago, sirgilbert357 said:

That pen is amazing...

The art is great too! (I didn't see it at first because I was staring at the pen, LOL)

Thank you on both!

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

3 hours ago, jandrew said:

Yeah, that reddit place usually. Is that pen getting listed on your site?

Yes, it's waiting for its turn to be listed. I just listed a few new ones, so this one will be on the next batch.

- Will

The pen of the day has been the new limited edition Conway Stewart Duro that arrived today.

CS Duro .jpg

On 6/18/2021 at 1:02 PM, brokenclay said:

Emptied a Pelikan 120, filled a Sheaffer Targa 1001 with an unknown brown:

large.43C768A1-2337-4691-8CEC-DD0734C42F6D.jpeg.704df51361cb45098297310466fe344a.jpeg

If you figure out what the ink is, let us know!  That's a nice brown.

For me, today, it's been two Sheaffers and a Noodler's.  The morning pages entry was with the vintage Sheaffer Balance Oversize, F? nib, and vintage Skrip Permanent Royal Blue.

Had to write a couple of checks, and that was with the Poseidon Pearl Noodler's Konrad, flex nib, and Noodler's El Lawrence.

Other writing was with the other Sheaffer, the Star Wars Pop Yoda pen, M nib, and Monteverde Mulberry Noir.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 6/20/2021 at 2:26 PM, jandrew said:

j20-2.jpg.b45b0aa88fe1f2cfa384a59f46e42752.jpg

Ooh, that looks like a nice ink....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, penwash said:

Yes, it's waiting for its turn to be listed. I just listed a few new ones, so this one will be on the next batch.

I wish I hadn't just read this...lol

10 hours ago, N1003U said:

Lovely. I don't think I have ever a red Toledo in person. I'd like to some day.

Is that tortoise an M400 or M600?

I think it is a 400. The first one they made in the white tortoise color (and no cracks in the barrel that I can see...)

the Danitrio Fellowship

LM Focus 3 - Fine nib (0.5).  Ink:  Chesterfield.  Arrived today.  The nib has a bit more feedback

than I like, so I will do some careful nib smoothing in the next couple of days.  Decent wetness.

Is a copy of the Lamy Dialogue 3.  Like the retractable nib.  Will play with it before biting the bullet

for the real McCoy.

WIN_20210622_20_53_35_Pro.jpg

Moonman S1 with 14K gold "Lucky" standard #5 nib from special version of Wing Sung 698. Mixed ink to match.

Moonman S1 with 14K gold "Lucky" nib

Two cautions about putting a standard #5 nib in the S1: it is a tight fit and my two previous attempts with other S1's had problems with hard starts and drying out completely. It is probably because the nib is not conforming to the feed, but also the S1 lacks an inner cap.

3 hours ago, Doug C said:

I think it is a 400. The first one they made in the white tortoise color (and no cracks in the barrel that I can see...)

Thanks. I was just curious. I can’t tell from the picture if the pen is bigger than or the same size as the Toledo.

Will use the Midori MD fountain pen for quick notes today:

j23-2.thumb.jpg.0a090f89950015f2f7c6e62d4710bcd5.jpg

~ Schrödinger's wife

7 minutes ago, jandrew said:

What ink is that? It looks like a very pleasant grey.

32 minutes ago, N1003U said:

What ink is that? It looks like a very pleasant grey.

Sorry, it is actually a home mix of several inks (not home so I can't give the recipe, but it's about half a dozen inks). It's kind-of a murky green-black. 

~ Schrödinger's wife

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

I like both the sketch and the home-mixed ink. Murky grey + green/blue/red/brown/orange/purple is where my ink spectrum lies.

- Will

33 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Sorry, it is actually a home mix of several inks (not home so I can't give the recipe, but it's about half a dozen inks). It's kind-of a murky green-black. 

Now that you mention it, I do see some green. It wasn't obvious at first on the screen.

A Pelikan Toledo Hunter, '93 only, B with Topaz.

It is the desert of the 7 pen lot I won at a live auction.

M915 Hunting: A Cautionary Tale of Early Lacquered Finishes | The Pelikan's  Perch

And a Artis Ballit regular flex FK, with a new ink, my first Japanese ink, Iroshizuku, Kon-peki, in our passed Sandy1, recommend a narrow nib.

Lamy made nails & purchased Artis and it's extruding plastic machinery and if it had a small pen divsion, that too, right before or after the War. Artis became the sub-brand of Lamy, making regular flex nibs....and not a stub, FK in this case, fine kugle meant the American Bump Under nib style.

The picture is not of the pen, but of a similar looking one, a standard sized Geha 790, but the steel nibbed #92 F (do have the same nib in gold, but there was no reason to change the nib, it works fine.)

Artis Ballit, is a medium-small pen a bit thinner than the 140 or Geha 760; the same size as a few Osmia medium small pens. The torpedo shape was very popular in Germany in the '50's. I'd not used that pen for some ten years...no fault of the pen, but pens can get lost in the bottom of a pen box.FcMRU9x.jpg

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

25 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

A Pelikan Toledo Hunter, '93 only, B with Topaz.

It is the desert of the 7 pen lot I won at a live auction.

M915 Hunting: A Cautionary Tale of Early Lacquered Finishes | The Pelikan's  Perch

And a Artis Ballit regular flex FK, with a new ink, my first Japanese ink, Iroshizuku, Kon-peki, in our passed Sandy1, recommend a narrow nib.

Lamy made nails & purchased Artis and it's extruding plastic machinery and if it had a small pen divsion, that too, right before or after the War. Artis became the sub-brand of Lamy, making regular flex nibs....and not a stub, FK in this case, fine kugle meant the American Bump Under nib style.

The picture is not of the pen, but of a similar looking one, a standard sized Geha 790, but the steel nibbed #92 F (do have the same nib in gold, but there was no reason to change the nib, it works fine.)

Artis Ballit, is a medium-small pen a bit thinner than the 140 or Geha 760; the same size as a few Osmia medium small pens. The torpedo shape was very popular in Germany in the '50's. I'd not used that pen for some ten years...no fault of the pen, but pens can get lost in the bottom of a pen box.FcMRU9x.jpg

Bo Bo, that hunter is amazing. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

Pilot Justus

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!