What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

MB146 Bordeaux

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

MB146 Bordeaux

You seem to have that beauty in hand a lot these days. And rightly so...

Holds a lot of ink and is such a great writer! I do need to ink something else though! LOL

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Montblanc No 32, F nib, Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue.

This pen was a flea market find for 2€, and I thought it was just a junk pen I could play with, but soon discovered after I inked it, that it was  genuine.  This actual pen was a promotional item for the Games with Frontiers (SPIEL ohne GRENZEN) television program in the 1960s and 1970s from the Wdr network in West (at the time) Germany.

IMG_0394.jpg

Today I've been drawing with my Pelikan M805 EF + Masuyama flex mod and Pelikan M600 fitted with a vintage Pelikan nib. Some days I'm tempted to seek out a BB for my M805-- I wonder if the Make a Wish will be coming back this year for even more speciality nibs?

I also think I'm going to start a new notebook for my doodles since the ones that come out well are always on scrap paper that eventually gets recycled.

This Bexley Cable Twist went back into rotation yesterday, with Edelstein Sapphire Blue, after quite a long time.

I was forgetting how nicely ordinary is the 14k M nib in this pen, smooth and steady, no issues of any kind.

I used it all day yesterday and today without wanting to pick up another pen, and run the converter dry!

Suck a pity Howard is not doing these any longer.

large.124952753_P1200433-3BexleyCableTwistbluepearl.jpg.6abc4e7e56d79f4437de9db1048114cf.jpg

large.1762809925_P1200435-3BexleyCableTwistbluepearl.jpg.b1a55bc80622c2de0b7ab79055d06b7c.jpg

12 minutes ago, sansenri said:

This Bexley Cable Twist went back into rotation yesterday, with Edelstein Sapphire Blue, after quite a long time.

I was forgetting how nicely ordinary is the 14k M nib in this pen, smooth and steady, no issues of any kind.

I used it all day yesterday and today without wanting to pick up another pen, and run the converter dry!

Suck a pity Howard is not doing these any longer.

large.124952753_P1200433-3BexleyCableTwistbluepearl.jpg.6abc4e7e56d79f4437de9db1048114cf.jpg

large.1762809925_P1200435-3BexleyCableTwistbluepearl.jpg.b1a55bc80622c2de0b7ab79055d06b7c.jpg

That is a beautiful pen.

thanks, although rather classic the design has own peculiarities. I recall Bexley was claiming inspiration to pens of the past and wonder which old timer inspired this one. Admittedly their inspiration to old time classics was never so obvious (some Chinese makers should learn the skill...) and most of Bexley's models were rather original in their own right.

Sansenri - That is a gorgeous pen!  Does it take cartridges or converter filler?

Here are a few for today.  Visconti Amigdala, Mont Blanc 146 B nib, Sailor 1911 Emperor Nib, and a MB Classique rollerball.

72D106C6-9795-49B3-9088-153032CF53A7.jpeg

On 5/27/2021 at 7:09 AM, bhbarto said:

Today I am using a Pelikan M405 with an extra fin nib.  The ink is Pelikan Turquoise. 

7D42DBF4-FCBC-4E9D-854F-F0D2A4EEB72C.jpeg

Good choice!  Although mine generally gets filled with Edelstein Tanzanite, because while I normally don't match pen and ink color, a blue black just seemed to go so well with the pen (also with an EF nib).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

11 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Good choice!  Although mine generally gets filled with Edelstein Tanzanite, because while I normally don't match pen and ink color, a blue black just seemed to go so well with the pen (also with an EF nib).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thanks. I am on a big Pelikan kick right now, using my M405, M200, and 400 and a few Pelikan inks including the not-quite-legal 4001 Blue-Black.  

63572E7A-138B-4BCA-AC52-95EE1FC72AAA.jpeg

Today and for the next nine days, during which I will be away from home, my Parker 51 Demi, in plum, with Robert Oster Barossa Grape.  

18 hours ago, tringle said:

Sansenri - That is a gorgeous pen!  Does it take cartridges or converter filler?

it currently has a converter, but it's a standard one, so I assume it could easily take cartridges

18 hours ago, tringle said:

Here are a few for today.  Visconti Amigdala, Mont Blanc 146 B nib, Sailor 1911 Emperor Nib, and a MB Classique rollerball.

72D106C6-9795-49B3-9088-153032CF53A7.jpeg

I particularly like the Amigdala!
Yours is a SE from Fountain Pen Hospital, right?
these are nice pens, similar to the Van Gogh. Some of them had really nice gold nibs (cannot see in your photo...)

Pilot Justus with Iro Kon-Peki. 

PAKMAN

WM L'etalon, Sheaffer Imperial, Duke Confucius, MB 146, Pelikan M600