What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

1. Today, Montblanc No 32 F with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue ink (the only bottled ink I can buy locally).  
  2. Lamy Safari Mango, M nib, Lamy Blue cartridge, the one that came with the pen.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mont Blanc 146 filled with Diamine Ancient Copper and a Waterman Commando filled with Edelstein Topaz.  

Inoxcrom Caravel I with Inoxcrom Blue Ink, Inoxcrom Sirocco with Waterman Red ink, Inoxcrom Wall Street with Inoxcrom blue ink. 

And also a strange desk pen, which I found under muy grandpa's things. I was able to restaure it with a new sack. and I have it on my desk, with Parker black ink.

Lamy 2000, medium nib. De Atramentis Document Series "Fog Grey" ink.

I am back and forth on this combination. So far it appears that this ink is very, very wet. Normally, that is a good thing but here I think too much so. Pushes the already broader-wetter Lamy 2000 medium nib well into full-on broad territory. It's a nice ink but maybe there is a better choice for a pen to use it in.

Waterman Hemisphere M nib with Iro Yu-yake. This pen gives really lovely shading on TRP, I've found, but I just don't like yu-yake very much. I've had the sample for ages, and finally used it, but its orangey shade is a smidge too pink for me. I wish I still had some Noodler's Apache sunset. I had a sample once, and it gave quite a nice yellow-to-red shade, without that pinkey color. I bet it would do really nicely in this pen.

I have replaced the sacs and inked these three British pens today:

The Croxley Pen

Stephens Lever Fil (Spelt like this) # 106

Altura #760

Nibs, all gold 14CT.

Don't know the size but a good guess is 'vintage' medium

Diamine Cornflower

Just trying 2 new Jinhao 250s. One is very wet and smooth. One a bit dry. But for only £5 one cannot complain.

Mark T

Ranga bamboo today -- now with gecko "roll stop" 

m18.jpg.780e79a163c9d1ef1de8110be8d302cc.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Kaigelu 316 - M. nib.  Ink:  deAtramentis Adular Blue

Pilot Metropolitan - M. nib.  Ink:  Diamine Apple Glory

Duke Charlie Chaplin - M. nib.  Ink:  Thornton's Oxford

2021-05-18_19-58-24.jpg

Played a bit with the new TWSBI Vac700R that showed up yesterday. Put some Noodler's Black in it and started scribbling.

Four pens in action today:

• Pelikan M400 blue stripe sporting Iroshizuku Kon-peki (for writing a greeting/birthday card)
  • Pelikan M605 Stresemann, inked with 4001 Brilliant Black (for general note taking)
  • Edison Herald Grande in Brooks Nebula, inked with Edelstein Aquamarine (this is a semi-long term experiment to see if I can get myself more interested in teal colors--it might be working)
  • Platinum Preppy filled with Noodler's Red (for editing).

This week's workhorse is

Parker IM Premium Dark Violet CT (M) from ca. 2017 (square pattern on metal surface)

filled with deAtramentis Aubergine

Perfect match.

One life!

Today I am using this pen, which just arrived in the mail yesterday!  

F53CD59E-D78B-440F-A7DC-CEAF5D1457B6.jpeg

6A8B69BB-967F-4ED2-A315-B3A3128ECE2B.jpeg

Aloha, today is a Montblanc day - I'm using my first M. pen, a burgundy 144 my dear husband bought for me in 1991.  It will be joined by the 149 B that I bought through a seller here.  Love them both. The 149 is taking me some time to feel comfortable, but when I have it at the correct angle, I am a lefthander, and I love it!  

I'm trying out some of the Fritz Schimpf inks I recently received. These are fairly subdued inks, just different enough from office blues and blacks to be interesting.

large.7E386A3C-2CB9-4842-913A-08A9C1A1CA34.jpeg.2d6258dfd1f2b54a95618fbb127c7012.jpeg

Pelikan 120, modern stub ground by Rick Propas, with Fritz Schimpf sirimiri (rainy grey)

Pelikan M200, stub ground by Gina Salorino, with Fritz Schimpf niebla (misty violet)

Pelikan M120, broad, with Fritz Schimpf gewitterwolke (stormy blue)

10 minutes ago, brokenclay said:

I'm trying out some of the Fritz Schimpf inks I recently received. These are fairly subdued inks, just different enough from office blues and blacks to be interesting.

large.7E386A3C-2CB9-4842-913A-08A9C1A1CA34.jpeg.2d6258dfd1f2b54a95618fbb127c7012.jpeg

Pelikan 120, modern stub ground by Rick Propas, with Fritz Schimpf sirimiri (rainy grey)

Pelikan M200, stub ground by Gina Salorino, with Fritz Schimpf niebla (misty violet)

Pelikan M120, broad, with Fritz Schimpf gewitterwolke (stormy blue)

I agree. What I like best about the FS inks is that they come in subdued but unique colors, and they SHADE so attractively.

For two postcards-today, a Pilot Metropolitan Python (fine) loaded with Noodlers Bad Belted Kingfisher ink.

Pilot 823 FA filled with Sailor Studio 740 ink. My primary pen for the month of May.