What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Cleaning out my two empty NG51's and using my NOS Bordeaux 146.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Esterbrook SM Deluxe Burgundy with a 9450 nib and J Herbin Bleu Pervenche

Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe Burgundy with Medium nib and KWZ IG Green Gold 

Newton Thompson Orville with a Left Oblique medium nib with Diamine Umber 

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Inked up my new Jinhao 166 Morinda Blue today with Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrün.

Enjoy the video and keep on writing!

MontPelikan

Today's pen is a Lamy 2000, Medium Nib, J. Herbin Violette Pensee. Nothing quite like a big wet purple line to break up the monotony of work.

Without thinking, I did sign a few affidavits with said massive purple line. With practice being what it is today, it's unlikely that anyone would ever view the originals (instead interacting only with the scanned version we file electronically) but if anyone ever does I hope they get a kick out of it.

5 hours ago, sandy101 said:

Parker 51 - maroon/red which arrived today. It is an English aerometic filler with a 0 date code - so it's from 1950. I can't quite make out the dots to see which quarter it was made in (there's four pit marks at each compass point, but I can't tell if they are marks or not). It's a medium nib, and it a rather wet writer. The hood might need to be adjusted as the nib and hood do not seem to be perfectly aligned. See how it goes.

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

Oooh.  Is that "British Bloody Burgundy"?  Kewl....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Soviet Soyuz AR-65 (Союз АР-65), circa 1970. Diamine Dragon ink. 

20200924_172949.thumb.jpg.8e5320ccce0f02b84379b9868da5cb8d.jpg

Regards, Alexey

Currently using my Bulkfiller Regular, Decoband Oversize and M800 Tortoise.

Conid Wahl Pelikan.jpeg

The current setup

1. Conid Regular AntwerpPen/Naginata Cross Concord- Sailor Nioi-Sumire (three years and counting!)

2. 1920-something Wahl-Eversharp BCHR Oversize Gold Seal/Manifold- Aurora Black

3. Pelikan M800 Tortoise/O3B- Kobe Ginza gold sepia

1936 Vacumatic Oversize Brown Pearl- Rest in (several) pieces. You will be missed!

4. Pelikan M805 Stresemann extra fine- Aurora Black

Today was something of a "finish up" day for me.

Started with the M405 Stresemann, B nib, and 4001 Brilliant Black but only got about two pages through the morning journal entry.  Trying to decide if I'm flushing, refilling outright, or refilling with distilled water; I was originally leaning for the first or third options -- till I got a couple more annoying political flyers in the mail today....

Mostly finished up the entry with the Pastel Blue (?) Sheaffer Snorkel, EF nib, with diluted J Herbin Bleu des Profundeurs.  That pen is currently soaking, nib and feed down, in diluted ammonia solution.

Finished up the entry with one of the Parker Vector Geometrics, F nib, with Birmingham Pens Herbert Simon Cranberry Nobel.

Then for making notes (and in case I missed a couple of questions last night on the paperwork before getting my second COVID shot) I brought the Pilot Metropolitan, M nib (currently filled with Sailor Souboku) with me.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

4 hours ago, hersheybearsgoalie2 said:

Currently using my Bulkfiller Regular, Decoband Oversize and M800 Tortoise.

Conid Wahl Pelikan.jpeg

That's a great looking CONID!

the Danitrio Fellowship

22 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Today was something of a "finish up" day for me.

Started with the M405 Stresemann, B nib, and 4001 Brilliant Black but only got about two pages through the morning journal entry.  Trying to decide if I'm flushing, refilling outright, or refilling with distilled water; I was originally leaning for the first or third options -- till I got a couple more annoying political flyers in the mail today....

Mostly finished up the entry with the Pastel Blue (?) Sheaffer Snorkel, EF nib, with diluted J Herbin Bleu des Profundeurs.  That pen is currently soaking, nib and feed down, in diluted ammonia solution.

Finished up the entry with one of the Parker Vector Geometrics, F nib, with Birmingham Pens Herbert Simon Cranberry Nobel.

Then for making notes (and in case I missed a couple of questions last night on the paperwork before getting my second COVID shot) I brought the Pilot Metropolitan, M nib (currently filled with Sailor Souboku) with me.

I probably need a metropolitan 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

I like mine.  Some people with large hands have problems with the step-down between the barrel and the section, but I don't.  Although I made the mistake with the one with the M nib and used some relatively noxious (possibly an IG ink, but I don't remember offhand) ink that ate the sac in the Con-B converter and I had to get a replacement.
I have one of the plain ones (silver color) and then when I was in the Boston area in September they had the grey/herringbone Retro Pop with the stub nib at Bob Slate's in Harvard Square.  And I was going "SOLD!"  (My problem with most of the Retro Pop colors is that I either like the pen color or the trim design -- but not both together; oh, how I wish they'd make the purple color but but PLAIN, and NOT with the trim on either the Retro Pop or the "animal print" pens....)

I am mainly using three different pens. Before the fall semester started when I though that I would actually be going to take my classes at my community college's campus I bought a Lamy 2000 with a fine nib because I wanted a pen that I could rely on and that wouldn't draw too much attention. I ended up using that one for my Calculus class. However, since the pandemic moved everything online I was able to use my Visconti Homosapiens without being worried about bringing it to school. Also I was as a cashier at a grocery store that sells food that costs far too much. When I am their I use a pilot vanishing point because it is clicky and can be operated with one hand. Also since it's a fountain pen I have found that it can be more reliable when I have to write things down on receipts and keep them in my drawer. 

Sheaffer NoNonsense - F. stub.  Ink:  deAtramentis Adular Blue

Jinhao 100 Centennial - F. nib.  Ink:  Monteverde Blue-Black

Delike M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Crimson

2021-05-14_23-36-51.jpg

2021-05-15_12-41-13.jpg

I'm using these (top to bottom, since the photo auto-rotated): Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri (EF); Naka-ai ("Kaze") (F); just-bought Uni-ball Signo 0.5 gel pen; Moonman C2 (Pilot #10 PO): and Pilot 92 (F). All fountain pens filled with Noodler's Black. 

20210515_155743_resize_79.jpg.aa5f293aa609192272df36f4da92593f.jpg

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

2 hours ago, ethernautrix said:

I'm using these (top to bottom, since the photo auto-rotated): Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri (EF); Naka-ai ("Kaze") (F); just-bought Uni-ball Signo 0.5 gel pen; Moonman C2 (Pilot #10 PO): and Pilot 92 (F). All fountain pens filled with Noodler's Black. 

20210515_155743_resize_79.jpg.aa5f293aa609192272df36f4da92593f.jpg

That Nakaya is beautiful!

I use these FP:

-- Aurora "K"

-- Parker Jotter [Fountain Pen edition] (may sound strange since many people consider the jotter as a ballpoint)

-- Lamy Studio

-- Faber-Castell Grip Edition

"Cheap" but nice instruments

Edited by Azkim Rikschum

Hi All,

Today I just refilled my Waterman Commando, Mont Blanc 146 and still trying to get used to a Mont Blanc 342 with an OB nib.  

2B9415E2-32F6-465C-81F2-F4578C12BD46.jpeg

1) Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue, M nib -- Pelikan 4001 Violet.

2) Pilot Metropolitan silver, M nib -- Sailor Souboku.

3) Lamy al-Star Azure, M nib -- Sailor Manyo Kakitsubata.

Still to come (maybe): Parker Vector Geometric, F nib -- Birmingham Pens Herbert Simon Cranberry Nobel.

4 hours ago, rkesey said:

That Nakaya is beautiful!

Thank you!

I'm assuming you mean the kuro-tamenuri Piccolo. But the aka-tamenuri Naka-ai is nice, too. 🙂

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.