What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Today it's been the green Snorkel (Admiral?) F-ish nib, with vintage Sanford Pen-It Brown, and the silver tone Pilot Metropolitan, M nib, with Sailor Souboku.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, brokenclay said:

large.3FDBFA99-3B2E-4DC4-8134-FE8ADEC3BA68.jpeg.16aeb84a5f1aca0b6347aa86cb8ec2d3.jpeg

I just received a replacement Kaweco 1.1 mm calligraphy nib and swapped it into my grey AL Sport (with Diamine Maroon).

Like the looks of your AL Sport!

10 minutes ago, Helen350 said:

Like the looks of your AL Sport!

It's been a frustrating pen. I really like the form factor, the color, the weight, but it's soooooo dry. We'll see how the new nib behaves.

My new Santini Libra Olive with stub nib. Just arrived from Italy today. 

Current lineup:

Pilot Custom 743

Montblanc 146 LeGrande

Lamy 2000

Platinum 3776 Jade

16 hours ago, brokenclay said:

large.3FDBFA99-3B2E-4DC4-8134-FE8ADEC3BA68.jpeg.16aeb84a5f1aca0b6347aa86cb8ec2d3.jpeg

I just received a replacement Kaweco 1.1 mm calligraphy nib and swapped it into my grey AL Sport (with Diamine Maroon).

Nice pen, lovely nib.

11 minutes ago, readytotalk said:

Parker 45 Flighter Deluxe (ca. 1970) with Italic nib.

20210420_135915.thumb.jpg.c6088daf236df13c511ce6bcf4462751.jpg

What is the ink? Looks like a lovely deep, rich saturated brown.

18 hours ago, N1003U said:

What is the ink? Looks like a lovely deep, rich saturated brown.

It`s Montblanc black, possibly concentrated with time)

Regards, Alexey

9 hours ago, readytotalk said:

It`s Montblanc black, possibly concentrated with time)

On closer look, it really is black. My imagination must be picking up a bit of the reddish book, and convincing me that the ink is brown. 😃

So far today it's been a pen that I found yesterday which I thought I'd lost -- the Pastel Blue Snorkel Statesman, EF nib.  I had knocked the Green Snorkel Admiral off the chair a couple of nights ago, and found the blue one when I went to retrieve it (actually found it first and was going, "Heyyy... this isn't green!").  It had been so long I hadn't remembered if the pen was inked up or not, and went to flush it, and discovered that it did have ink in it.  So I looked at my notes, and found that it was J Herbin Bleu des Profundeurs, and the diluted/reconstituted ink is working quite well (unlike a lot of Herbin inks, this one is saturated enough that reconstituting it didn't look too bad on the page even then, and even from that vintage EF nib :thumbup:).

Gives me hope now that the M200 Café Crème will eventually turn up.  Although the Lord only knows how gunked up the ink in that pen will be....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This week I'm using an older Visconti from the first series of the VanGogh, that dates early 2k (2002-2003).

This first series has 14k nibs. This is the Midi size (the pen was also available as Maxi and Mini).

I'm using the red one (Sandal Wood as Visconti called it), the nib is an M size and is rather soft and very smooth.large.1384498633_P1140817-3ViscontiVanGoghMidi.jpg.c50b8d66a50b1cd216065bb7acbc1974.jpg

On 4/20/2021 at 2:23 AM, TgeekB said:

My new Santini Libra Olive with stub nib. Just arrived from Italy today. 

curious... picture please?

Today, and for the last couple of weeks, I've mostly been using my trusty Pelikan M400 – a Stresemann with the classic green striped barrel and an M nib, inked with Diamine Classic Green.

Next to this, marginal notes with a Sailor Pro Gear Slim – the sparkly red one from a couple of years ago – with an EF nib and inked with Sailor Irori.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

Classic Pens LB prototype w/a fine oblique nib...Waterman blue-Black ink

Fred

adtewa.thumb.jpg.6c72f62e212c194477080a71eab9f970.jpg

36 minutes ago, sansenri said:

curious... picture please?

Here’s a couple.

0ECA151C-ACF3-487D-B103-7B4A2E68AE33.jpeg

EC2B7693-04E3-4D9D-99C5-AA7FDECB6DE5.jpeg

Current lineup:

Pilot Custom 743

Montblanc 146 LeGrande