What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jinhao X250 - F nibfrom the Jinhao 992.  Ink:  Monteverde Blue-Black

NOTE:  Have enjoyed journaling with the Lamy Joy; was a surprising gem.

2021-04-16_09-36-03.jpg

Parker 51 new edition Plum Deluxe

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

3 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Parker 51 new edition Plum Deluxe

...and...what is the general impression?

I like it a lot!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Today it's still the French Blue Safari (F nib) with Lamy Crystal Benetoite.  But also the silver tone Pilot Metropolitan (F nib) with Sailor Souboku (I inked that pen up last night to fill out the paperwork for getting my first COVID-19 shot :thumbup:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I used ab min early ‘50’s lever full Sheaffer Crest, both ‘42 51’s, and an Autopoint mechanical pencil 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Today's little novelty is a handsome British Parker 45, the 45TX, manufactured briefly at the beginning of the 1980s. A matte blue barrel and cap, a medium 14K gold nib with great smoothness but not enough character when compared with other pens, filled with Pelikan 4001 black.

15 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

I like it a lot!

Which I find to be a typical reaction, but I was at first somewhat surprised, given that some of the usual reviewers/influencers panned this new P51.

Based on generally positive reception the pen is getting from actual users (though new owner bias is also a thing), I am tending toward biting the bullet and buying one to judge for myself.

I'm using an Aurora Talentum that I have just recently put back in rotation and inked with Diamine Midnight.

The nib is an F and almost surprised me how consistent it is (I was forgetting how it performed) as I don't usually love F nibs. The Talentum is also a really sturdy pen, that exudes quality in the materials.

large.1788874932_P1200271-3AuroraTalentumrossa.jpg.dfbd43aac9b6be966995c1196b71696c.jpg

Today for me it is a Pelikan M600 in Green-Black, inked with Diamine Presidential Blue.

Montblanc Bordeaux 146 fine nib with Iro tsuksuhi brown ink. 

PAKMAN

HongDian 517D EF with Take-sumi --- just tuned it up (it was too smooth and a just a touch of baby's bottom ... all better now): 

a17.thumb.jpg.76a99def5ea47c44c308ace52a26d943.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Well... I have impulsively inked a lot of them... but today I'm using vintage Sheaffer 440 inked with Diamine Macassar

My Kaweco Perkeo Peony Blossom arrived this afternoon.  Could not resist

inking a bit just to test the nib.  Of my Perkeo pens, this one is the smoothest

writer.  M. nib.

2021-04-17_18-11-35.jpg

I am finally down to having only two pens inked.  Today, I emptied my Pilot Metropolitan M, which had been inked with J Herbin Cacao du Bresil for two and a half months.  Also today, I reassembled and stored my Kaweco Sport, which had been inked with TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara for about the same period of time.

Currently in use are my Sailor 1911S M Wicked Witch of the West, with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple, and my Platinum 3776 M Nice Lavande, with Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu.   

My workhorse pen this week is the Pineider Grande Bellezza Tiger Eye (F) with Rohrer and Klingner Alt-Goldgrün. The ink required a bit of Gumm Arabic to perform well with the wet Pineider nib.

One life!

large.3FDBFA99-3B2E-4DC4-8134-FE8ADEC3BA68.jpeg.16aeb84a5f1aca0b6347aa86cb8ec2d3.jpeg

I just received a replacement Kaweco 1.1 mm calligraphy nib and swapped it into my grey AL Sport (with Diamine Maroon).