What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Tonight, for fun, I'm using my Pilot Metropolitan with Noodler's Apache Sunset. 

Current lineup:

Pilot Custom 743

Montblanc 146 LeGrande

Lamy 2000

Platinum 3776 Jade

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm feeling frivolous, so I'm using a very bright green Visconti Breeze with Ferris Wheel Press Frivolous LIme. Those who know me may now pick their jaws up from the floor...

A vintage Sr size  Astura in a dodecagonal  marbled red/ brown celluloid

With a sexie flexie fine nib      Button filler

Fred

@ethernautrix  Thank you for asking      I'm doing  better

An Aurora 88P and a Parker 51 I've been using. Today's novelty is a French Parker 75 Custom, fluted gold-plated cap, burgundy barrel, medium nib that writes what I consider a sturdy fine line, filled with Pelikan 4001 black. I haven't used that pen in at least two years. The nib might become more generous either because of continuing use or with a wetter ink. A good-looking pen even if not a gusher.

I switched it up last night and used my black M300 with Yomogi.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:41 AM, mizgeorge said:

Both are available now direct from Akkerman (or they certainly were 10 days or so ago when I ordered them. Super quick delivery too.

Yes, but what is the charge for shipping to the US?  I was looking at some books on my eBay watch list (coming from the UK) and the shipping was more than the books themselves were.... :(  [So, for the moment, I'm continuing to just watch them....]

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

40 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Yes, but what is the charge for shipping to the US?  I was looking at some books on my eBay watch list (coming from the UK) and the shipping was more than the books themselves were.... :(  [So, for the moment, I'm continuing to just watch them....]

I imagine it's about the same as shipping to the UK - from memory about $15 for four pretty bulky bottles, which arrived within a couple of days. I have no problem with paying shipping charges, especially if it means faster gratification. I know it was a lot less than it costs met to get ink shipped from the US. 

I don't suppose it would be worth it for a single bottle, but if you're getting a few, it's certainly not disporportionate.

Well, if I had been able to sample SRE Brown, It would be one thing.  I have to be cautious about ordering full bottles without trying the ink first -- I've been burned too many times.  

I do like Delfts Blauw, but have plenty other light blues to tide me over.  The main question I had, since I had gathered they were LE inks, whether they were still available at all.  And since they are (at least directly from Akkerman) I can hold out for the time being.  Especially since I still have way too many samples I HAVEN'T tried yet....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Time for my weekend task of writing thank you letters to my eBay buyers and starting to pack some packages. I’ve been handwriting eBay thank you letters like this for most of two decades now. It adds a personal touch, and buyers seem to really like it. I wish one of them would ask after which ink I’ve used, but can’t have everything 😜 Visconti Homo Sapiens Midnight in Florence F on duty tonight, with its usual load of Diamine Scribble Purple ink.

5E1D08D2-C8A0-4905-A38F-2816F701FA49.thumb.jpeg.afc874058e2a0322aaa387491259561e.jpeg

2 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

I ordered 4 bottles of their Dutch Masters series about 6 weeks ago and shipping was 20 euros

I have roughly 100 fountain pens, ranging in price from perhaps $20 to well over $1,000. Today I happen to be using a Lamy Safari, a Waterman Carene, and a Waterman Edson. When these run dry I'll clean them and likely pick up another Waterman, plus a Visconti Homo Sapiens Oversize, and another Lamy Safari. Fountain pen collecting is a sign of a diseased mind!  :D

Today for me, the pen of choice is an Edison Herald Grande in "Nebula," which is a custom material from Jonathon Brooks; the pen has a lovely JoWo fine nib and is currently inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-jaku, an ink which is beginning to grow on me for informal correspondence.

Franklin Christoph 20, with a custom blue-black mix --- had to add a touch of Spring to the page on this snowy morning (just to keep the faith that the seasons will, in fact, change).a12-h.jpg.f685aabd9746d0a43270fad2b9d5df99.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Sheaffer No Nonsense - M. nib.  Ink:  Monteverde Blue-Black

Pilot Metropolitan - M. nib.  Ink:  Diamine Sargasso Sea

2021-04-12_11-44-55.jpg

Sailor 1911S Loch Ness monster, MF nib, with diluted Sailor Studio #650.

Lamy Safari, French Blue, F nib, with Lamy Crystal Benetoite.

Went to my mailbox this evening, and my Lamy Joy had arrived.  Decided to

put in the ink cartridge and fiddle around with it this evening.  Has the 1.1

stub nib, and have enjoyed journaling with my new toy in between a new

quilting project I am doing to donate to a charitable organization in my

community for Army Vets.

2021-04-14_00-25-31.jpg