What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

On 4/3/2021 at 4:50 AM, AlpenGlow said:

Today I’m using my Lamy 2000 medium which is inked with Akkerman SBRE Brown and my Graf Von Faber Castell Tamitio 1.4 stub which is inked with Akkerman Delfts Blauw. Both inks are new acquisitions. I think the Akkerman bottles are so characterful and I’ve wanted to try the SBRE Brown ink for a long time. I wasn’t disappointed!

B547B068-C823-4E28-BDB2-D964F0FCC78A.jpeg

I got to try a sample of Delfts Blauw recently and liked it.  Anyone have any clue if that and SRE Brown (which I meant to try and didn't get around to it) are going to be available again at sometime in the future?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

I got to try a sample of Delfts Blauw recently and liked it.  Anyone have any clue if that and SRE Brown (which I meant to try and didn't get around to it) are going to be available again at sometime in the future?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Both are available now direct from Akkerman (or they certainly were 10 days or so ago when I ordered them. Super quick delivery too.

New edition Parker 51 Deluxe Plum with Guttenburg Konigsblau Ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

After my month long hospitalization ... picked up off me desk  a Parker "51" Vacumatic 

2Q-43  Cedar Blue w/a gold filled cap in a pattern of 4 lines and a space...

With gf clip..............................

Fred

My Lamy 2000 continues to be my everyday pen.

I know, boring! 

Current lineup:

Pilot Custom 743

Montblanc 146 LeGrande

Lamy 2000

Platinum 3776 Jade

My Aurora Duocart arrived with me today from the US, courtesy of member Vicary.  A lovely set with ink bottle, converter and cartridges in what he and I have been describing as the 'Vespa' pale green.  It's a really good looking pen and it writes a delightfully full medium line, very smooth with just a hint of that Aurora feedback (with Aurora black of course).  .  A nice acquisition.  :)

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

18 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

New edition Parker 51 Deluxe Plum with Guttenburg Konigsblau Ink

How do you like the new design? I have heard mixed reviews of the construction quality.

On 4/5/2021 at 4:34 AM, inkstainedruth said:

[…]  Anyone have any clue if that and SRE Brown (which I meant to try and didn't get around to it) are going to be available again at sometime in the future?

SBREBrown is on their website https://akkermandenhaag.com/nl/collections/akkerman-inkt

I recently ordered a bottle of it together with some friends here in Germany as a bulk purchase to save postage expenses, and one of them was supposed to cross the border to collect the order,… but now there are travel restrictions (covid) and we have to wait…

In current use: Cleo Skribent Classic, Waterman Expert, Diplomat Excellence, Pineider Avatar, Sheaffer Targa (the good old Sheaffer, not one Made in China)

3 hours ago, N1003U said:

How do you like the new design? I have heard mixed reviews of the construction quality.

Thus far I am quite impressed it feels very good in my hands and performs well.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

34 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

Thus far I am quite impressed it feels very good in my hands and performs well.

Thanks! That is good to hear. I am going to break down and try a P51 one of these days (I have had a few Parkers before, but never a 51), but then the decision is: vintage or new?...or both?

I need to break out of my Pelikan/Edison rut (not to say though that there is anything wrong with those brands--quite the contrary--but once in a while one likes a little variety).

I would say both, love my vintage and new 51's!

PAKMAN

I just inked up my new TWSBI Draco with Diamine Syrah. This pen pairs well with my OMAS Paragon Scarlet - inked with Robert Oster Australian Syrah.

twsbi-omas-1.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, Freddy said:

After my month long hospitalization ... picked up off me desk  a Parker "51" Vacumatic 

2Q-43  Cedar Blue w/a gold filled cap in a pattern of 4 lines and a space...

With gf clip..............................

Fred

Yikes! How you're all mended now.

As for my pens, still using the same three: Pilot 823 (PO), Nakaya Piccolo Cigar (EF), and Moonman C2 (Pilot #10 PO), with the recent addition of a broken TWSBI Vac Mini (EF) that I repaired a couple of weeks ago. 

All pens filled with Noodler's Black, except Moonman, which has KWZi Niebieski #3 galusowy (Blue IG).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I am still using most of the same pens I have been using for weeks:  

• A Sailor 1911s, Wicked Witch of the West, recently refilled with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple
  • A Pilot Metropolitan, still filled with J Herbin Cacao du Bresil
  • A Kaweco Sport, still filled with TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara

Luckily, all these inks are among my favorites, but I look forward to emptying either the Metropolitan or the Sport, or both, in order to see a bit of spring on the page.

Last night, the M600 Rt again, for a change. I still took the M405 blue with Kana-cho in my shirt pocket, though, and even used the M400 BT with Macassar for a couple of sudokus.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.