What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

10 minutes ago, sgphototn said:

Just received Volume 4, Sodom and Gomorrah. I sign and date my books with this pen.

English pen, French author -both nonpareil.

YOL and Proust ol.jpg

:puddle:

Viceroy Victorian?  What size?  And what nib width?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, dreaded double post.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

And again.  Something going wonky with my computer.... :angry:

34 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

:puddle:

Viceroy Victorian?  What size?  And what nib width?

Sorry. Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian. Broad nib. Smoothest nib I have.

I also tarnished it a bit to bring out the depth.

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

Lamy 2000 Fine with Diamine Kelly Green

Lamy Joy 1.5 with Lamy Blue

TWSBI Eco Broad with Monteverde Caribbean Blue

Noodlers Creeper with vintage Watermans No. 2 nib and Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji 

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

An Additive Pens Helix model with PR Naples Blue and I’m about to ink up my 2 latest acquisitions from Atelier Lusso one with mother of pearl and one with abalone. I’ll use one of my shimmering inks.

My "poor man's Hemmingway," a Jinhao 100 black cap on a Jinhao 100 "big red" barrel.

Jinhao_Hemmingway.jpeg.90292e59c174c7afc00c26584eb77902.jpeg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

So far this morning it's been one of the Parker Vector Geometrics, currently inked up with Birmingham Pens Herbert Simon Cranberry Nobel.  Trying to decide how much I like the color, which is an unsaturated pink-leaning red (the ink does seem to be relatively well behaved though, and has some water resistance).

Trying to remember now if my husband ever had any classes taught by the person the ink is named for (Herb Simon is a BIG name in computer science, especially at Carnegie-Mellon, my husband's alma mater).

Well this is pen cleaning day.  Thus far I've cleaned 21 of them, with 9 more

to finish today.  Tomorrow I have 22 to clean, at which point all will be stored

in their pen cases.  The only pen I am writing with today is my TWSBI Diamond

580 ALR - Punch Pink.  Med. nib.  Inked with:  Chesterfield Antique Crimson

2021-03-26_16-24-43.jpg

Parker 51 with Sheaffer Skrip blue/black and a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel with Private Reserve ultra black. On backup, a Sheaffer jade green flat top with Private Reserve Claret (red wine) and a Sheaffer Sagaris with a blue/black Skrip cartridge. 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:25 PM, Helen350 said:

Well this is pen cleaning day.  Thus far I've cleaned 21 of them, with 9 more

to finish today.  Tomorrow I have 22 to clean, at which point all will be stored

in their pen cases.  The only pen I am writing with today is my TWSBI Diamond

580 ALR - Punch Pink.  Med. nib.  Inked with:  Chesterfield Antique Crimson

2021-03-26_16-24-43.jpg

Wow! That is an impressive number of inked pens. I would have trouble keeping track of them all. Do you keep a list/database, or can you remember what is in every pen?

I keep a simple list in an “inked pen journal” (pen, ink, date inked, dated cleaned), but since I have cut back my number of inked pens (generally) to less than my number of fingers, I rarely refer to the list, except to update it.

This week end is the turn of the Moonman T1 Aluminium cap, section and knob. Clear acrylic barrel. Fine nib . Waterman Harmonious Green. It writes very soft, it writes more like a medium than a fine. Interestingly enough while writing the barrel fogs up. I have warm hands :-)

I clean my pens every time I empty the converter. I never let them rest in the box dirty. The rota system I have in place doesn't allow me to refil an empty pen immediately :-)

11 hours ago, MarcoA63 said:

This week end is the turn of the Moonman T1 Aluminium cap, section and knob. Clear acrylic barrel. Fine nib . Waterman Harmonious Green. It writes very soft, it writes more like a medium than a fine. Interestingly enough while writing the barrel fogs up. I have warm hands 🙂

I clean my pens every time I empty the converter. I never let them rest in the box dirty. The rota system I have in place doesn't allow me to refil an empty pen immediately 🙂

I tend to use an avg of 4-5 different pens/day for my special journaling.  Each paragraph is a

different color.  So going through 20 pens in a month is normal.  Apart from my journaling, I

spend my evenings writing teaching materials, so the pens are not sitting for months long dirty.

My primary pen is what I make note of for FPN.  

My Sheaffer No Nonsense Pens - M. nib.

Purple - Chesterfield Amethyst

Yellow - Chesterfield Antique Yankee

Rose Pink - Akkerman Scharlarken van Jan Steen

2021-03-29_09-10-30.jpg

My new arrival from FC - absolutely delighted with it - the colour's such fun and the stock nib is excellent. I've been wanting one of these for ages, not least to help me decide which of their shapes I like best. I now know that lovely though it is, it's probably not this one ;) I think I chose the material knowing that it might not be as good a shape for me as the 45L, which meant that having it in a material I really liked would ensure I used it plenty - it's perfect for lots of my silly, pastel, colour shifting and odd inks that I seem to be wanting to use a lot this spring.

fc-20-marietta-candystone.jpg

On 3/28/2021 at 7:47 AM, N1003U said:

Wow! That is an impressive number of inked pens. I would have trouble keeping track of them all. Do you keep a list/database, or can you remember what is in every pen?

I keep a simple list in an “inked pen journal” (pen, ink, date inked, dated cleaned), but since I have cut back my number of inked pens (generally) to less than my number of fingers, I rarely refer to the list, except to update it.

No, I do not keep a list of pens inked.  They stay inked on my desk in a open container, and I

reach for whatever color ink I find interesting at the time.  I tend to remember which color

ink is in each pen.   I always have a primary pen/color, which I used for writing teaching/training

materials.  Right at the moment I have 12 pens inked with different colors.  So far this morning,

I have used 3 ink colors in my special journaling.  

Inked up my new ECO with some Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. The fine nib on the ECO put down some heavy ink but wrote very smoothly. Tomorrow I'll experiment with the Lamy Vista to see if it writes any finer.