What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MB 234 1/2, B- Pelikan 4001 Black

ASA Maya matte black, 80s MB 146, B Nib - KWZ Red #1

Add lightness and simplicate.

Lots! 

Parker 51 Aero with Waterman Tender Purple
My two little blue grey Dutch boys - Master Merlin 33 and Master Boston Piston wearing Shin Kai and Hisoku respectively

An amazing steel nibbed Soennecken 510 with Serenity Blue

Edison Pearlette 1.4 stub with Krishna Monsoon Sky

A Pelikan MC120 1.0 italic with Doyou

and a couple of Kaweco Frosted Sports with fun matching colours

Those Primas are pretty.  I just can't make myself buy one.

Today, I am using my brown ebonite Himalaya with a 1.0M stub loaded with Bad Black Moccasin diluted 1:1, my iro-ai Pilot Prera orange with CM stub writing with Lamy Dark Lilac diluted around 5:1, and occasionally a Hero 616 that doesn't write anywhere near as well as I remember, that I have filled for the first time with MB Mystery Black.  It used to do okay with Borealis Black diluted 4:5.  Maybe it needs a fill with one of my old inks, with Solv-X or SuperCleaner.

Franklin Christoph 20 "Marietta" with self-ground needlepoint

f15.jpg.66945a1028283c86e2ba6ff1a5384bbe.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Pilot Kakuno with colorful inks like Sailor Kin-Mokusei, Diamine Citrus Ice or Sailor Manyo Sakura;

Pilot 78g+ with Sailor Miruai;

Lamy Safari Mango with Miruai;

Kaweco AL Sport with Diamine Polar Glow. 

I figured out that as fountain pens from different regions and brans have different designs making their perform differently to let ink flow. For example, all my pilot pens have a drier experience in writing, while my Lamy is very very wet. Kaweco is drier as I chose an EF nib. So, if you match them with different ink has different degree of dry/wet, the perfect match would make pens less scratchy. For example, my Kaweco is working much better with diamine than its own ink cartridge.

Today I have put into rotation an Edison Herald Grande in a Jonathan Brooks material Edison calls “Nebula”. It is filled with Noodler’s Red.

Together with my Monteverde Prima F. nib, I am also using a Jinhao X750 Shimmering

Sands, with a Goulet 1.1 stub nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Yankee

Image 29 - Jinhao-x750-Medium-Fountain-Pens-14-Finishes-UK-Seller

Main two:  Pilot Custom Heritage 912 <FA> Falcon and a 2nd with <SM> Soft Medium Nib

• My <FA> nib pen has a 3rd party 3 slit ebonite feed which eliminates the railroading with expressive cursive writing.  It just glides across the page now; I'd highly recommend it if you have trouble with this pen!
  • <SM> nib just glides across the page.  By far my smoothest writer, even in comparison to my <B> Gold nibs

Levenger 14k <B> Bold Nib

• Not sure who actually made it, but branded for Levenger.  I'll try and ID it someday, but this pen is fantastic for shaded inks)

Noodler's Neponset Music Nib

• Yup, I actually write with this pen when I want large text, gorgeous shading, and really nice line variation.  No hate please.  🙂

I have 2 pens I'm waiting for in the mail, a Noodler's Triple Tail (Music Nib) and a Vintage Swan Blackbird flex nib pen.  🙂

Main-Pens.thumb.jpg.4b354b55937a3b7edd289c6b4e4a70ed.jpgFA-Nib.jpg.c01767d3de8c2c59d1fa0065ad134cca.jpg

1 hour ago, Zhooom said:

Main two:  Pilot Custom Heritage 912 <FA> Falcon and a 2nd with <SM> Soft Medium Nib

• My <FA> nib pen has a 3rd party 3 slit ebonite feed which eliminates the railroading with expressive cursive writing.  It just glides across the page now; I'd highly recommend it if you have trouble with this pen!
  • <SM> nib just glides across the page.  By far my smoothest writer, even in comparison to my <B> Gold nibs

Levenger 14k <B> Bold Nib

• Not sure who actually made it, but branded for Levenger.  I'll try and ID it someday, but this pen is fantastic for shaded inks)

Noodler's Neponset Music Nib

• Yup, I actually write with this pen when I want large text, gorgeous shading, and really nice line variation.  No hate please.  🙂

I have 2 pens I'm waiting for in the mail, a Noodler's Triple Tail (Music Nib) and a Vintage Swan Blackbird flex nib pen.  🙂

Main-Pens.thumb.jpg.4b354b55937a3b7edd289c6b4e4a70ed.jpgFA-Nib.jpg.c01767d3de8c2c59d1fa0065ad134cca.jpg

If the Levenger is the second from left, it was made by Visconti.

Nice find.

the Danitrio Fellowship

An old Waterman 513 with a fantastic BB nib and Diamine Eau de Nil

A Swan 3120 with a really nice semi-flex nib and Noname blue-black

And a Soennecken 510 with a very springy steel nib and Waterman Serenity blue.

All very restrained for me!

On 2/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, Doug C said:

If the Levenger is the second from left, it was made by Visconti.

Nice find.

Yup, that's the one.  Thanks for the tip!   I'd been going through all the sources I could find but couldn't find a match.

1. Grey Herringbone Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop, stub nib -- Akkerman Delfts Blauw.

2. Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster, MF nib -- Sailor Studio #650.

3. Penatia (Madison?), F nib -- Edelstein Amethyst cartridge [have to use the pen without the barrel because it's a long International Standard cartridge and is too long for the pen barrel, which gets awkward -- actually accidentally pulled the cartridge OFF this afternoon, trying to get the pen uncapped :wallbash: (I REALLY need to find a good International short converter for this pen...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."