What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I used a remarkable little, 1930's 'Swan' MabieTodd, with an oblique nib and J. Herbin, Poussiere de Lune ink.

I bought this from a highly regarded, local restorer, John Mc. and have not had a single moment of hesitation or doubt!! In fact I would place another order on the next line if I thought there might be another just like it!! (and I attribute this pic to John). My photography leaves too much to be desired!

Case in point, below is a snap of my 'ystudio, Copper, portable". It arrived today.

I now have both Brass and Copper versions of this pen.

Happy writing, Gary

img_3991.thumb.jpg.3e5f02f1eff376af6b2262ee94d4d48b.jpgDSC00102.thumb.JPG.51493fab474bc294ea889284f11fac47.JPG

πTom

For a school pen (albeit a rather pricey one in it’s modern incarnation), this is for me a super comfortable and reliable writer.

With a bow to Bo Bo Olson, I would even go so far as to say the nib is too smooth. The pen is so light, that combined with super smooth nib, it is hard to keep under control on smooth paper. A bit like driving on ice. It is actually better on a paper that has a little texture.73BC5DF2-D977-43F9-B444-61C4859E0DA3.thumb.jpeg.556d7045968d5e04b49e18cc2853ac97.jpeg

I've been using my Makrolon Lamy 2000 with a medium nib today. This was my first 'nice' fountain pen after the ghastly leaky Platignum fountain pens they forced us use at secondary school. The ink I've used is Rohrer & Klingner Alt Goldgrun. I absolutely adore the shading properties of this ink.

IMG_5631.jpg

Montblanc 146R

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

On 2/10/2021 at 4:52 PM, AlpenGlow said:

I've been using my Makrolon Lamy 2000 with a medium nib today. This was my first 'nice' fountain pen after the ghastly leaky Platignum fountain pens they forced us use at secondary school. The ink I've used is Rohrer & Klingner Alt Goldgrun. I absolutely adore the shading properties of this ink.

IMG_5631.jpg

Beautiful handwriting! 

My brown marble M200 with Diamine Deep Forest, which I haven't used recently.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

This one is my favorite, these days: yellow little Pelikan 100 of 1931 with moderately flexible f nib, inked with Pelikan 4001 Brillant Brown.

482A8019-AAE1-4EAB-B5CA-5EE44DC9FCB4.jpeg.b27127c3c9538c3549b9c194cab494ef.jpeg

Hope you like it.

5 minutes ago, stoen said:

This one is my favorite, these days: yellow little Pelikan 100 of 1931 with moderately flexible f nib, inked with Pelikan 4001 Brillant Brown.

482A8019-AAE1-4EAB-B5CA-5EE44DC9FCB4.jpeg.b27127c3c9538c3549b9c194cab494ef.jpeg

Hope you like it.

Very nice. I like it very much.

If I ever decide to jump down the rabbit hole of vintage Pelikan pens, I am likely to do so with something like this in my hand...

I am using a Sailor with a professor body and a 21k fine nib from a Profit that one of my dogs got hold of.  It works beautifully when I practice writing Chinese characters and am doing my homework for Chinese class.  I'm a huge Sailor fan!

Edited by laomo

2 minutes ago, laomo said:

I am using a Sailor with a professor body and a 21k fine nib from a Profit that one of my dogs got hold of.  It works beautifully when I practice writing Chinese characters and am doing my homework for Chinese class.  I'm a huge Sailor fan!

Sounds like a very interesting pen. Welcome to FPN, loamo!

Sheaffer No Nonsense Purple - M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Amethyst in ink cartridge

Jinhao Shark Pink - M. nib.  Ink:  deAtramentis Red Roses

Jinhao Shark Green - M.nib   Ink:   Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun

**NOTE:  Both nibs on the Jinhao Shark pens are surprisingly smooth writers for such

inexpensive pens

61TdCcadMiL._AC_SL1050_.jpg.

I absent mindedly came out with only one fountain pen, my Pilot Elite.  I'd really have to be woolgathering to come out without any.

But wait, what's this in my laptop case?  It's a Pilot Varsity.  Okay, I have backup.

pocket.jpg

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

On 2/12/2021 at 11:11 AM, laomo said:

I've got one inked today as well--such great pens.