What Sheaffers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• JonSzanto

• Penguincollector

• NumberSix

46 minutes ago, Armo said:

@Penguincollector thanks for that. Had forgotten about that type probaby because as you mention they are rare and so seldom seen. Did a search but can't justify the prices I found. $30 and then postage!

Cartridges are more economical in this case, and easier to find. The Online Pen Company UK has them for under £4 at the moment, not sure if this is a fair price for you. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

My newest pen is an Imperial II with a palladium & silver conical nib. (Fine = I usually prefer a medium but I love this fine.)love it. 

I bought an Imperial almost fifteen years ago, when @TeriM had just opened Peyton Street Pens with what seemed like a preserved stationary store with Sheaffer pens from the 1960s and 1970s. Upturned steel nib, 5 1/4 inches capped, stainless steel white-dot clip and cap band. I'm going to flush it, fill it with a last-version Fort Madison Skrip bottle (blue) and let it work for a few weeks. 

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

Just acquired a Targa 684 Medici Crosshatch Medium 14k nib, set un-inked in new,  never used condition. 

Kind of unique in that the original converter is in it, and a note from the Original Purchaser where he bought it and how much. Original price $100. Cnd.

I'll pull the convertor, buy a modern one and use the pen.

20231214_071313.thumb.jpg.081265491500b480bfe414818b30b68a.jpg

The Lady Sheaffer with its replacement converter got inked up last night, after a good flushing out.  Right night it's got modern Skrip Blue in it because I didn't have to think.  It's a very smooth writer, BTW, although I'm starting to think the next time I fill it I might try to find a drier ink for it.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, Gadget said:

For good or for bad it joined the collection of ..Why !! it kinda just appealed to me.

Antiqua.JPG

Well, it seems to me that a person will either absolutely love the looks of this pen or absolutely hate its looks. Not the kind of pen that generates ambivalence or indifference! I hope you let us know how it writes.

On 12/14/2023 at 4:31 AM, Yonni said:

Just acquired a Targa 684 Medici Crosshatch Medium 14k nib, set un-inked in new,  never used condition. 

Kind of unique in that the original converter is in it, and a note from the Original Purchaser where he bought it and how much. Original price $100. Cnd.

I'll pull the convertor, buy a modern one and use the pen.

20231214_071313.thumb.jpg.081265491500b480bfe414818b30b68a.jpg

That’s really pretty. Wow, nice find! Love Targas.

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Penguincollector, that is a really attractive Targa set. My first adult fountain pen was a Targa and I still have a soft spot for them. Please let us know how it writes.

16 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Well, it seems to me that a person will either absolutely love the looks of this pen or absolutely hate its looks. Not the kind of pen that generates ambivalence or indifference! I hope you let us know how it writes.

I like the design.  Boy, if they made that as a fountain pen, I'd certainly want one!

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

18 hours ago, yubaprof said:

Not the kind of pen that generates ambivalence or indifference! I hope you let us know how it writes

Pretty sure it is just a No nonsense with a screen print cap and matching box but it is the odd, not many of, cant place pens that keep finding me. i paid too much probably but not massively too much... in the Uk pen prices are higher than the US so we get a bit hit with the costs but it is what it is for an imported item that is sometimes 70yrs old or more, luckily i do have limits and some... ish, sense of what prices should be and occasionaly a bargain falls into your trolley which has happened 2 or 3 times now, so far... fingers crossed, we have done ok and our purchases of the pens we collect have mainly been what we like and what we can afford

As for how the Eaton pen writes... im not expecting much but it will be fun to find out :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to have found a 2A BHR pen, it’s little so the wartime triumph nib pen for size, but the self filler nib is cool and it’s likely around 1916-18 vintage I think 

large.96B9D4F2-A72E-4BD1-883F-3A20D957F1

large.02782ACF-DBB2-4E0A-8F2E-304A341502

Regards, Glen

11 hours ago, GlenV said:

I am happy to have found a 2A BHR pen, it’s little so the wartime triumph nib pen for size, but the self filler nib is cool and it’s likely around 1916-18 vintage I think 

Veeery nice find. Looks to be in xlnt condition, too. Congrats!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

7 hours ago, JonSzanto said:

Veeery nice find. Looks to be in xlnt condition, too. Congrats!

You are so down with the kids. I had to look up xint.

Yeah, I did too.... :headsmack:

I finally have a Sheaffer... it's a black No Nonsense - one of the older ones - in a calligraphy set with three nibs and lots of cartridges. And that missing cartridge? I'm sure all the ink was in the feed...

large.IMG_20240104_063426_669.jpg.411120d1c9fbc75737c03c7a9b953a19.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Received a nice Pastel Blue boxed set Sheaffer Snorkel and mechanical pencil today.That is the third boxed set Sheaffer Snorkel that I now have.:)

Lady Sheaffer II. It was pretty ratty looking when it arrived and the section was stuck to the barrel due to dried ink but it cleaned up really well and I don't see anything wrong with it.

IMG_1746.thumb.jpg.362d8d8ea41136991757c7946f5622f2.jpg