• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in my collection it has become a little quieter - not many new entries to register. sometimes it needs a short break for new orientation. so i havn't bought much stuff since a couple of month.

there were some pens that didn't really fit into the collection, but were too pretty to sell...so I bought them a matching pencil that they weren't too alone.

For example this Parker Duofold Mandarin from 1928. Thanks to a good friend, it got a perfect pencil. Thank you Ariel.

Parker Duofold Special Mandarin FP and Pencil by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

and this Parker Vacumatic Oversize got thanks to the fantastic site* of David Nishimura a perfectly kept pencil. Thank you David.
(...these Vac pencils are not easy to catch, and even not in silver pearl and OS!)
*(when I was new in pen collecting and photographing, Davids pictures were the most inspiring source for me and my pen photography)
and I got this nice german "Greif" couple:
have you ever seen a repeater pencil with ink lead view? how cool is that!
Greif Pencil by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
hopefully I could entertain you for a couple of seconds with this and let's see waht's next.
C.
PS: I will not buy the three "2019 LE of Lamy Safari"

Pretty instruments as always but that Greif set is especially nice. This is a great reference thread so keep it coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally: got new pens!

Thanks to a pen friend, I was able to ad this spectacular Pelikan to my humble collection. It's a pelikan 400NN in light tortoise color. here comes the pictures:

A nice addition to the mini-collection:
(Merci Guillaume!)
And thanks to another pen fellow; I was able to complete this set of LAMY 068 and 069 for the Museum project:
46941104775_e577f20c4f_o.jpgLamy 69 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
33918672688_ac07435a86_o.jpgLamy 68 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
(Thank you Jan!)
And another adition to the collection of the Museum were these three:
Pilot Birdie 1987
Parker 25 1975
Aurora Auretta 1980
Similarity in Design was the reason for me to group them togehter and present them side by side.
Tha's all for now. But let's see what's next...
C.
Edited by christof

Always a special day when you post new photos of your collection.

Let us know when we can come over and play with them all!

Finally: got new pens!

Thanks to a pen friend, I was able to ad this spectacular Pelikan to my humble collection. It's a pelikan 400NN in light tortoise color. here comes the pictures:

47059285794_fca2294b9d_k.jpgPelikan 400NN light tortoise box by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

33949821498_e3b3e7681b_k.jpgPelikan 400NN light tortoise by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

47848911671_f62e759598_k.jpgPelikan 400/400NN light tortoise box by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

47796724822_4f06c6e84f_k.jpgPelikan 400 and 400NN light tortoise by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

A nice addition to the mini-collection:

47796700582_035e499722_k.jpgPelikan Tortoise/Light Tortoise by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

(Merci Guillaume!)

And thanks to another pen fellow; I was able to complete this set of LAMY 068 and 069 for the Museum project:

46941104775_e577f20c4f_o.jpgLamy 69 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

33918672688_ac07435a86_o.jpgLamy 68 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

(Thank you Jan!)

And another adition to the collection of the Museum were these three:

32638689387_c6350bd26d_o.jpgPilot Birdie - Parker 25 - Aurora Auretta_ by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

47581146811_a69d1dfb85_o.jpgPilot Birdie - Parker 25 - Aurora Auretta by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

Pilot Birdie 1987

Parker 25 1975

Aurora Auretta 1980

Similarity in Design was the reason for me to group them togehter and present them side by side.

Tha's all for now. But let's see what's next...

C.

Love that Parker 25 - that was my high school pen, also in green. I miss it, should look for one again! Thanks.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh - that's a nice lot....look away...look away dont want to get on the vac train.

You are right, it is a difficult train, specially when you start using them frequently because those pens perform so good that it is hard to stop looking for them...

• 2 weeks later...

One tradition on french fountain pen forum "stylo-plume.org" is a sunday photo thread with a new topic each sunday.

Last sunday, the topic was: "show your favourite Waterman's No.52!"

That's what I did:

48028939807_8199f1eecb_o.jpgWaterman's 52 RHR 2 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
48028872208_c0a387b3b7_o.jpgWaterman's 52 RHR 3 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
48028872068_5840d1342e_o.jpgWaterman's 52 RHR 4 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
48028939527_330752bda0_o.jpgWaterman's 52 RHR 5 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
48028939447_d329e0c964_o.jpgWaterman's 52 RHR 6 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
48028871773_6909c9e7f0_o.jpgWaterman's 52 RHR 7 by C.M.Z, auf Flickr
Have a nice week end
C.
Edited by christof

You're welcome Dick. Here comes the two missing pictures of the Lamy and Pilot group:

8. The LAMY's

_ Lamy Aion (Morrison)

_ Lamy Dialog 3 (Clivio)

_ Lamy Scribble (Wettstein)

_ Lamy Safari Umbra (Fabian)

_ Lamy CP 1 (Fabian)

_ Lamy 2000 (Müller)

_ Lamy 27

26153642567_e0ba27c4c8_o.jpg

9. The Pilot's

_ Pilot Capless Decimo (2006) ...not my picture. Unvortunately I forgot to photograph this pen before he went to the Museum.

_ Pilot Capless (1994)

_ Pilot Myu 701 (1971)

_ Pilot Capless (1965)

40315539424_c2afceb64c_o.jpg

C.

Hi Christof - Your thread makes for interesting reading! I'm also interested in industrial design but not so much in Pelikan collections - and appreciate that you show the lowly Safari next to rare collectibles.

Some questions: 1.) Why didn't the collection in the design museum include the studio? Do you know the curatorial reasons? Isn't Wettstein Swiss? 2.) Isn't the cp1 designed by Müller rather than Fabian (according to Lamy website)? 3.) You mention that Fabian isn't credited for the Safari on the Lamy website - but wasn't it a collaboration between Sieger and Fabian? Do you know?

I don't know if these are interesting questions, but I thought I'd bring them up.

Derek

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Some questions: 1.) Why didn't the collection in the design museum include the studio? Do you know the curatorial reasons? Isn't Wettstein Swiss? 2.) Isn't the cp1 designed by Müller rather than Fabian (according to Lamy website)? 3.) You mention that Fabian isn't credited for the Safari on the Lamy website - but wasn't it a collaboration between Sieger and Fabian? Do you know?

Hi Derek

Thanks for you interest in this thread. I'll try to answer your questions:

1) Yes, Hannes Wettstein was Swiss (I knew him personally). The Studio is part of the collections of the museum (as the whole estate of Hanness Wettstein is), but for some reasons (that I don't know), the curators of the exhibiton decided rather to show the scribble than the studio.

2) You are absolutely right. This is an error. In the collections the pen is documented correctly: https://www.emuseum.ch/search/lamy%20cp1

3) As far as I know was Sieger the company and Wolfgang Fabian the Designer. He was mentioned personally on the homepage of Lamy for a long time, but then suddenly no longer. I found that strange enough.

Hope this helps.

C.

Edited by christof