Share Your Collection?

bemon

Well no matter, nice collection! I find myself liking the look of a lot of resin/acrylic pens for the colour depth. They're also warmer to the touch. But I like the heft of a steel pen. Solution? Carry both.

I started my daughter out on fountain pens recently. She's only 4, but she seems to enjoy working on letters and numbers better with a fountain pen. I don't know if it's the allure of liquid ink or if it's because she knows I use the same kind of pen. But she likes them and she's more willing to learn at home vs when she was using a pencil. She also likes her white board and dry erase markers, but she'll sit for a good while working out letters and small words with a fountain pen too. With the pencil she'd get bored before I could really even start teaching her anything.

Part of me hopes she takes to the hobby so I can get her something like the Edison Collier "Rock Candy" when she's older. I feel like I can't get away with it myself, but I still want to hold it and look at it under the light :)

...Another part of me hopes she doesn't grow up to ask me for $200 pens on a regular basis...

That's adorable.(I'm not being sarcastic, That truly is adorable.)

Sometimes I think I'd love to have a daughter, but I worry I just want an excuse to buy a pony.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bemon

• DilettanteG

• corniche

• WLSpec

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well no matter, nice collection! I find myself liking the look of a lot of resin/acrylic pens for the colour depth. They're also warmer to the touch. But I like the heft of a steel pen. Solution? Carry both.

I started my daughter out on fountain pens recently. She's only 4, but she seems to enjoy working on letters and numbers better with a fountain pen. I don't know if it's the allure of liquid ink or if it's because she knows I use the same kind of pen. But she likes them and she's more willing to learn at home vs when she was using a pencil. She also likes her white board and dry erase markers, but she'll sit for a good while working out letters and small words with a fountain pen too. With the pencil she'd get bored before I could really even start teaching her anything.

Part of me hopes she takes to the hobby so I can get her something like the Edison Collier "Rock Candy" when she's older. I feel like I can't get away with it myself, but I still want to hold it and look at it under the light :)

...Another part of me hopes she doesn't grow up to ask me for $200 pens on a regular basis...

That IS a nice story, Bemon - and don't fret the cranks and wags - get yourself some rock candy. :D I'm planning on getting one; sooner or later.

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

I'll play! I just updated my inventory, but I'm not at the picture stage yet. It does sound like taking a few group snaps for insurance purchases isn't a bad idea. Anyway, here's my compulsion, I mean collection:

Fountain Pens (68 total)

Bexley

Sheherazade in Blue with an 18kt Fine Nib (1/27/20 Out to Howard Levy for Repair)

Sheherazade in Gray with an 18kt Medium nib

Sheherazade in Custom Ruby with an 18kt Stub Nib (1/27/20 Out to Howard Levy for Repair)

Sheherazade in Custom Teal Pearl with an 18kt Stub Nib (1/27/20 Out to Howard Levy for Repair)

Sheherazade in Tortoise with an 18kt Stub Nib

Conklin

Mark Twain Crescent in Brown Celluloid with a 14kt Medium Nib, LE for Farhney's Pens (Sent in to Conklin for repair 1/23/20)

Cross

Townsend (in Mercury?) with a Medium Steel Nib

Montblanc

146 Le Grande in Black with a 14kt Medium Nib

146 Le Grande in Burgundy with a 14kt Medium Nib

147 Traveller in Black with a 14 kt Medium Nib

Namiki

Decimo in Pink with a 18kt Binderized Italiafine Nib, LE

Falcon in Black with a Binderized Flexible Fine 14kt Nib

Falcon in Blue with a Binderized Flexible Fine 14kt Nib

Falcon in Burgundy with a Binderized Flexible Fine from a Broad 14kt Fine Nib

Noodler's

#10 Dixie in Red Rebellion with a Medium Steel Nib

Parker

51 Aeromatic in Burgundy and Gold with a Broad Binderized Stub Gold Nib, Vintage

51 Vacuumatic in Cedar Blue and Gold with 14kt Fine Nib, dated 1948

51 Vacuumatic in Cordovan and Gold with a 14kt Fine Nib, dated 1946

75 in Blue

75 in Black

75 (in Gold?)

Vacuumatic (Broke one of the tines on the nib. Needs repair.)

Pelikan

M200 Amber Demonstrator with a Binderized Medium Crisp Italic Steel Nib

M200 Blue Demonstrator with a Binderized Broad Crisp Italic Steel Nib

M200 Green Demonstrator with a Binderized BB Crisp Italic Steel Nib

M200 Red Demonstrator with a Broad Italic Steel Nib

M400 White Tortoise with a Broad 14kt Nib

M620 Athens with a Medium 18kt Nib

M620 Berlin with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 Chicago with a Medium 18kt Nib

M620 Grand Palace with a 14kt Mottishawed Spensarian Nib

M620 Madrid with a Binderized Italifine 14kt Nib

M620 New York with 18kt Medium Nib

M620 Piazza Navona with 18kt Medium Nib

M620 Picadilly Circus with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 Place de la Concorde with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 San Francisco with a OM 18kt Nib Mottishawed to a Custom Stub

M620 Shanghai with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 Stockholm with a Broad Cursive Italic 18kt Nib

M800 Brown and Black with a Factory Italic Broad 18kt Nib

M800 Blue and Black with a Binderized Cursive Italic Broad pf 18kt Nib

M800 in Red and Black with a Binderized Cursive Italic Broad pf 18kt Nib

M800 Old Style in Black with a 14kt Fine Nib

M800 Old Style Green and Black with a 14kt Medium Nib

M1000 in Green and Black with a Binderized Cursive Italic BBB pf 18kt Nib

400NN? (Cracked Barrel.Sell for parts.)

Pilot

Parallel Pen with a 1 mm Steel Nib, Custom Grind

Parallel Pen with a 1.5 mm Steel Nib, two

Parallel Pen with a 2.4 mm Steel Nib, two

Parallel Pen with a 3.8 mm Steel Nib, two

Parallel Pen with a 6.0mm Steel Nib, two

Sailor

Profit Calligraphy in Black with a Steel Fude Nib

Sheaffer

Desk Touchdown in Black with an Inlaid 14 kt Fine Nib

Desk Touchdown in Black with an Inlaid 14 kt Medium Nib

Legacy 2 Touchdown in Copper with a Binderized 18 kt Broad Stub Nib

Legacy 2 Touchdown in Fluted Gold with an Inlaid 18 kt Stub Nib

Legacy 2 Touchdown Green Laquer and Gold with an Inlaid 18 kt Stub Nib

Prelude Calligraphy in Chrome with a Steel Fine Italic Nib

Prelude Calligraphy in Chrome with a Steel Medium Italic Nib

Truimph Imperial in Black Calligraphy Set with Inlaid Fine, Medium, and Broad Italic Steel Nibs

Truimph Imperial (in Aluminum?)

Visconti

Hanoverian with a Medium 14kt Nib, LE

Waterman

52 in Black with a Flexible Stub Gold Ideal Nib (Won't draw ink, needs repairs)

Other Pens (The Joy of Sets) (16 total)

Faber Castell

E-Motion Mechanical Pencil in Pearwood

Fisher

Space Pen Ballpoint in Chrome

Space Pen Bullet Ballpoint in Gold

Montblanc

Le Grande Highlighter 166 in Burgundy

Classique? Ballpoint in Burgundy

Pelikan

D400 White Tortoise Mechanical Pencil

K400 White Tortoise Ballpoint Pen

D800 Old Style Green and Black Mechanical Pencil

D800 Old Style in Black Mechanical Pencil

K800 Old Style in Black Ballpoint Pen

Sheaffer

Prelude Ballpoint in Chrome with Gold Trim, Two

Prelude Mechanical Pencil in Chrome with Gold Trim

Prelude MPI in Chrome with Gold Trim, Two

Prelude Roller ball in Chrome with Gold Trim (Cap has come unglued from inner cap. Needs repair)

Total of Everything: 84 Pens and Mechanical Pencils

Total Inks: Over 200 Bottles, need a recount.

Total Blank Journals: About 40

Total Stationery: Lifetime Supply

And it only took me twenty years, give or take. It's about time to cull the herd, I think.

That's an impressive Pelikan collection! Some interesting custom jobs in there too. Nice!

Also you reminded me I've got some Pilot Parallels socked away somewhere. I bought them so my sister could do our wedding invites up in calligraphy, and was just planning to give them to her after. She didn't like them though.

That IS a nice story, Bemon - and don't fret the cranks and wags - get yourself some rock candy. :D I'm planning on getting one; sooner or later.

I also saw Edison has put out a "lemon ice" material. Maybe that would satisfy the yellow pen craving. In fact looking over their production offerings it almost looks like they're moving toward a more fun look all together with some more playful colours than I remember seeing.

That's an impressive Pelikan collection! Some interesting custom jobs in there too. Nice!

Also you reminded me I've got some Pilot Parallels socked away somewhere. I bought them so my sister could do our wedding invites up in calligraphy, and was just planning to give them to her after. She didn't like them though.

I gave a set of the Pilot Parallels to my friend's ten year old daughter last year. I think they're easier to use than most fountain pens. Maybe your daughter will like them?

And, aside from a Montblanc ballpoint and that uber cheap Sailor with a Fude nib, all I seem to want to buy these days are Pelikans. I like Montblanc's Le Grand line a lot, but their Special and Limited Edition pens don't really speak to me. Thank god, because I've yet to spend more than about $650 for a pen and those MBs can run thousands for a single piece.

And a just realized I forgot at least one pen. Oops.

And I'm realizing I don't know how to value these for insurance purposes. They're nice pens, but none of them are the unlinked mint in box so beloved by the museum grade collector or investor. Not sure what to do about that.

I gave a set of the Pilot Parallels to my friend's ten year old daughter last year. I think they're easier to use than most fountain pens. Maybe your daughter will like them?

And, aside from a Montblanc ballpoint and that uber cheap Sailor with a Fude nib, all I seem to want to buy these days are Pelikans. I like Montblanc's Le Grand line a lot, but their Special and Limited Edition pens don't really speak to me. Thank god, because I've yet to spend more than about $650 for a pen and those MBs can run thousands for a single piece.

And a just realized I forgot at least one pen. Oops.

And I'm realizing I don't know how to value these for insurance purposes. They're nice pens, but none of them are the unlinked mint in box so beloved by the museum grade collector or investor. Not sure what to do about that.

Yeah she may like them. I'll probably give her the Pilots too.

I couldn't use them to save my life- my printing is criminally bad and I haven't used cursive writing since the 3rd grade back in '93. I remember that year the teacher putting a hard focus on cursive telling us that it was a fundamental life skill and we'd need it for all future schooling.

We went away for the summer, and when we came back the school had installed a computer lab and we all were taught keyboarding. So I learned to type at over 90 WPM, but we never used cursive again.

Anyway, I digress a little but the point is I'm useless for controlled penmanship. Maybe my daughter will be artistic enough to use them.

I really like the look of the classic green on black Pelikan Souveran line. I think down the road I'd like an M805 Stresemann too. I wish they were a little heavier though.

What did you forget? I forgot a glass dip pen I bought mostly as decoration. But I put it into storage when I sold my desk. I think it's a J. Herbin. But now that I remembered it I think I'm going to order 3 more in different colours and find a way to mount them into a piece off wall art.

I imagine for insurance purposes our collections would have to be appraised. Your insurance company would probably be able to suggest someone who can look over your pens. Most of mine I ordered on line so if I really had to I could probably go back and find the purchase prices, but who knows what they'd actually be appraised for. I should really do it too though. I'm thinking a casual B&E would probably walk off with laptops, iPads, the TVs, the Apple TVs, watches and jewelry and probably not see the value in pens. But I could be wrong. In the short order I'll just lace my collection with catnip. Any would-be thief won't get 10 steps before being mauled by a cranky Tabby in need of her fix.

Edited by bemon

Very nice collection. I wish I had the discipline to sell the pens I don't use anymore...

My go-to blue black is at present Edelstein Tanzanite, but swabs of Iroshizuku Shin-kai always catch my eye. I may have to buy a bottle and compare...

I've tried both, and prefer Tanzanite. Shin-kai was okay, but leaned a little grey-er than Tanzanite. I'd recommend that you try a sample of Shin-kai first, not a whole bottle -- especially since the scuttlebutt at the Ohio Pen Show last fall was that Pilot was about to raise their prices (a lot of the tables that carried the Iroshizuku inks were selling the bottles for twenty bucks so people could get what they needed before the price increase...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'll play! I just updated my inventory, but I'm not at the picture stage yet. It does sound like taking a few group snaps for insurance purchases isn't a bad idea. Anyway, here's my compulsion, I mean collection:

Fountain Pens (68 total)

Bexley

Sheherazade in Blue with an 18kt Fine Nib (1/27/20 Out to Howard Levy for Repair)

Sheherazade in Gray with an 18kt Medium nib

Sheherazade in Custom Ruby with an 18kt Stub Nib (1/27/20 Out to Howard Levy for Repair)

Sheherazade in Custom Teal Pearl with an 18kt Stub Nib (1/27/20 Out to Howard Levy for Repair)

Sheherazade in Tortoise with an 18kt Stub Nib

Conklin

Mark Twain Crescent in Brown Celluloid with a 14kt Medium Nib, LE for Farhney's Pens (Sent in to Conklin for repair 1/23/20)

Cross

Townsend (in Mercury?) with a Medium Steel Nib

Montblanc

146 Le Grande in Black with a 14kt Medium Nib

146 Le Grande in Burgundy with a 14kt Medium Nib

147 Traveller in Black with a 14 kt Medium Nib

Namiki

Decimo in Pink with a 18kt Binderized Italiafine Nib, LE

Falcon in Black with a Binderized Flexible Fine 14kt Nib

Falcon in Blue with a Binderized Flexible Fine 14kt Nib

Falcon in Burgundy with a Binderized Flexible Fine from a Broad 14kt Fine Nib

Noodler's

#10 Dixie in Red Rebellion with a Medium Steel Nib

Parker

51 Aeromatic in Burgundy and Gold with a Broad Binderized Stub Gold Nib, Vintage

51 Vacuumatic in Cedar Blue and Gold with 14kt Fine Nib, dated 1948

51 Vacuumatic in Cordovan and Gold with a 14kt Fine Nib, dated 1946

75 in Blue

75 in Black

75 (in Gold?)

Vacuumatic (Broke one of the tines on the nib. Needs repair.)

Pelikan

M200 Amber Demonstrator with a Binderized Medium Crisp Italic Steel Nib

M200 Blue Demonstrator with a Binderized Broad Crisp Italic Steel Nib

M200 Green Demonstrator with a Binderized BB Crisp Italic Steel Nib

M200 Red Demonstrator with a Broad Italic Steel Nib

M400 White Tortoise with a Broad 14kt Nib

M620 Athens with a Medium 18kt Nib

M620 Berlin with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 Chicago with a Medium 18kt Nib

M620 Grand Palace with a 14kt Mottishawed Spensarian Nib

M620 Madrid with a Binderized Italifine 14kt Nib

M620 New York with 18kt Medium Nib

M620 Piazza Navona with 18kt Medium Nib

M620 Picadilly Circus with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 Place de la Concorde with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 San Francisco with a OM 18kt Nib Mottishawed to a Custom Stub

M620 Shanghai with a Fine 18kt Nib

M620 Stockholm with a Broad Cursive Italic 18kt Nib

M800 Brown and Black with a Factory Italic Broad 18kt Nib

M800 Blue and Black with a Binderized Cursive Italic Broad pf 18kt Nib

M800 in Red and Black with a Binderized Cursive Italic Broad pf 18kt Nib

M800 Old Style in Black with a 14kt Fine Nib

M800 Old Style Green and Black with a 14kt Medium Nib

M1000 in Green and Black with a Binderized Cursive Italic BBB pf 18kt Nib

400NN? (Cracked Barrel.Sell for parts.)

Pilot

Parallel Pen with a 1 mm Steel Nib, Custom Grind

Parallel Pen with a 1.5 mm Steel Nib, two

Parallel Pen with a 2.4 mm Steel Nib, two

Parallel Pen with a 3.8 mm Steel Nib, two

Parallel Pen with a 6.0mm Steel Nib, two

Sailor

Profit Calligraphy in Black with a Steel Fude Nib

Sheaffer

Desk Touchdown in Black with an Inlaid 14 kt Fine Nib

Desk Touchdown in Black with an Inlaid 14 kt Medium Nib

Legacy 2 Touchdown in Copper with a Binderized 18 kt Broad Stub Nib

Legacy 2 Touchdown in Fluted Gold with an Inlaid 18 kt Stub Nib

Legacy 2 Touchdown Green Laquer and Gold with an Inlaid 18 kt Stub Nib

Prelude Calligraphy in Chrome with a Steel Fine Italic Nib

Prelude Calligraphy in Chrome with a Steel Medium Italic Nib

Truimph Imperial in Black Calligraphy Set with Inlaid Fine, Medium, and Broad Italic Steel Nibs

Truimph Imperial (in Aluminum?)

Visconti

Hanoverian with a Medium 14kt Nib, LE

Waterman

52 in Black with a Flexible Stub Gold Ideal Nib (Won't draw ink, needs repairs)

Other Pens (The Joy of Sets) (16 total)

Faber Castell

E-Motion Mechanical Pencil in Pearwood

Fisher

Space Pen Ballpoint in Chrome

Space Pen Bullet Ballpoint in Gold

Montblanc

Le Grande Highlighter 166 in Burgundy

Classique? Ballpoint in Burgundy

Pelikan

D400 White Tortoise Mechanical Pencil

K400 White Tortoise Ballpoint Pen

D800 Old Style Green and Black Mechanical Pencil

D800 Old Style in Black Mechanical Pencil

K800 Old Style in Black Ballpoint Pen

Sheaffer

Prelude Ballpoint in Chrome with Gold Trim, Two

Prelude Mechanical Pencil in Chrome with Gold Trim

Prelude MPI in Chrome with Gold Trim, Two

Prelude Roller ball in Chrome with Gold Trim (Cap has come unglued from inner cap. Needs repair)

Total of Everything: 84 Pens and Mechanical Pencils

Total Inks: Over 200 Bottles, need a recount.

Total Blank Journals: About 40

Total Stationery: Lifetime Supply

And it only took me twenty years, give or take. It's about time to cull the herd, I think.

Ooooh, I like this collection too!

It is Pelikan heavy, and especially M620 heavy, which is definitely my taste.

I am also a great fan of the Pilot Parallel Pen. About 15 years ago, someone in a Crane Paper store (which sadly no longer exists) doing a calligraphy demonstration turned me onto them, and once I tried one, I never looked back. They are easy to use, easy to clean, and lots of fun.

I am also occasionally into the Joy of Sets: I like to pair up my M6xx (mostly 600/605) pens with matching K6xx and D6xx, where available, and my few Lamy Studios also have ballpoint partners.

Very nice set of tools/toys you have, DilettanteG!

P.S.: If you ever decide to part with the Burgundy MB LeGrand146, you have an interested buyer.

Ooooh, I like this collection too!

It is Pelikan heavy, and especially M620 heavy, which is definitely my taste.

I am also a great fan of the Pilot Parallel Pen. About 15 years ago, someone in a Crane Paper store (which sadly no longer exists) doing a calligraphy demonstration turned me onto them, and once I tried one, I never looked back. They are easy to use, easy to clean, and lots of fun.

I am also occasionally into the Joy of Sets: I like to pair up my M6xx (mostly 600/605) pens with matching K6xx and D6xx, where available, and my few Lamy Studios also have ballpoint partners.

Very nice set of tools/toys you have, DilettanteG!

P.S.: If you ever decide to part with the Burgundy MB LeGrand146, you have an interested buyer.

Thanks! Actually, my Burgundy set is one of my EDC sets. I even just bought it it’s own MB Siena Case. So, I’m probably going to hang on to that one. Sorry.

I love the M620 series. It look me forever to collect them and they just kept going up and up in price. I know Pelikan made a K620 ballpoint and I think a rollerball too. Tempting, but I went too crazy with acquisitions last year, so this year I’m hoping to reduce my collection. We’ll see if I manage to follow thru.

Those Pilot Parallels are insanely good pens for the price. I’m surprised FPN hasn’t embraced them more. I guess they are rather plain.

• 1 month later...

New to fountain pens...

I have 12 so far.

All of mine are vintage (had to go through some learning curve with some fails).

Montblanc 12, 22, 220p, 221

Montblanc Set.pic01.JPG

Montblanc 146

Montblanc 146, 1970's.pic02.jpgMontblanc 146, 1970's.pic05.jpg

Waterman Ideal 7 set

Waterman's Ideal 7 Red Ripple Set.03 copy.jpgWaterman's Ideal 7 Red Ripple Set.08 copy.jpg

Waterman 92-J

Waterman's Ideal 92.pic02 copy.jpg

Pelikan set

Pelikan Set, 400nn, 450, 355.pic01.jpg

Sheaffer Imperial VIII

Sheaffer Imperial VIII TD.pic01.jpgSheaffer Imperial VIII TD.pic03.jpg

Sheaffer deskpen

Sheaffer Lifetime Jade Green Desk Pen.pic01 copy.jpg

Parker Vacumatic set

Parker Vacumatic Set.01 copy 2.jpg

Wahl Rosewood

Wahl Rosewood.pic02 copy.jpg

This is currently everything (with the progression from 6 years ago shown here : https://imgur.com/a/hbvykbS )

Current Pen Count (not counting Platinum Preppy, or Pilot Parallel 2.4) : 20

Goal to get it reduced down to : 12-ish (a goal I've set since 2016, with the idea of having fewer, but more often used, appreciated, and 'nicer' pens)

xVe2SFt.jpg

• Pilot MR/Metropolitan Retro Pop Grey, Steel Fine, inked with Noodler's X-Feather in a cartridge
  • Platinum Century #3776 "Black Diamond" (translucent black), 14K Broad Cursive Italic grind by Mottishaw's staff, inked with Iroshizuku Syo-ro
  • Pelikan M640 Special Edition Mount Everest, 18K Medium (tuned by Mike Masuyama)
  • Pelikan 400NN (1956), 14K Semi-flex EF (Restored by Vasco Piscov)
  • Conklin Crescent Filler 20CNL (mid-to-late 1920s), fitted with a Wahl #2 Semi-flex needlepoint
  • Pilot Super 250 (1964), 14K Falcon (1968), quarter-turn knob filler
  • Lamy 2000 (post-2009), 14K EF
  • Montblanc 225 (1970s, Piston), 14K XXF
  • Sailor 1911L, 21K H-MF
  • Pelikan 140 (1950s Export), 14K Semi-flex Broad Cursive Italic (restored and ground by Vasco Piscov)
  • Lamy Al-Star, Matte Black, black steel EF and 1.9
  • Wahl gold-filled pen (unsure of model #), fitted with the 14K Conklin fine nib from the C/F
  • Parker Challenger (1937), 14K firm Fine, self-restored and polished, inked with Montblanc Irish Green
  • Aurora Afrika Limited Edition, 18K "M" (goes down on paper like a western EF)
  • Waterman 55 in "Woodgrain" ebonite, 14K Waterman Ideal #5 Flex Medium, inked with Waterman Inspired Blue
  • Sheaffer Balance Standard Vac-Fil, Ebonized Pearl Flakes, 14K Feathertouch #5 EF~F, Inked with Syo-ro
  • Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman in Pastel Green, PdAg Medium Nib, inked with Montblanc Irish Green
  • Sheaffer Snorkel Valiant (1952 1st year, with 14K Snorkel Tube), 14K EF, Inked with Iroshizuku Yama-budo
  • Montblanc 14 (1960s), 18C EF, Inked with Waterman Inspired Blue
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Triumph Statesman 1000 (... I think), 14K Lifetime two-tone Medium, Inked with Tsuki-yo
Some Uncapped shots of the pens above shown capped (because they were inked in that photo):

C4C9JsZ.jpg

VR1of6J.jpg

pN7LclA.jpg

MWKzZdY.jpg

wJyPEKj.jpg

rHWQl2f.jpg

Edited by KBeezie

New to fountain pens...

I have 12 so far.

All of mine are vintage (had to go through some learning curve with some fails).

Montblanc 12, 22, 220p, 221

attachicon.gif Montblanc Set.pic01.JPG

Montblanc 146

attachicon.gif Montblanc 146, 1970's.pic02.jpgattachicon.gif Montblanc 146, 1970's.pic05.jpg

Waterman Ideal 7 set

attachicon.gif Waterman's Ideal 7 Red Ripple Set.03 copy.jpgattachicon.gif Waterman's Ideal 7 Red Ripple Set.08 copy.jpg

Waterman 92-J

attachicon.gif Waterman's Ideal 92.pic02 copy.jpg

Pelikan set

attachicon.gif Pelikan Set, 400nn, 450, 355.pic01.jpg

Sheaffer Imperial VIII

attachicon.gif Sheaffer Imperial VIII TD.pic01.jpgattachicon.gif Sheaffer Imperial VIII TD.pic03.jpg

Sheaffer deskpen

attachicon.gif Sheaffer Lifetime Jade Green Desk Pen.pic01 copy.jpg

Parker Vacumatic set

attachicon.gif Parker Vacumatic Set.01 copy 2.jpg

Wahl Rosewood

attachicon.gif Wahl Rosewood.pic02 copy.jpg

This is currently everything (with the progression from 6 years ago shown here : https://imgur.com/a/hbvykbS )

Current Pen Count (not counting Platinum Preppy, or Pilot Parallel 2.4) : 20

Goal to get it reduced down to : 12-ish (a goal I've set since 2016, with the idea of having fewer, but more often used, appreciated, and 'nicer' pens)

xVe2SFt.jpg

• Pilot MR/Metropolitan Retro Pop Grey, Steel Fine, inked with Noodler's X-Feather in a cartridge
  • Platinum Century #3776 "Black Diamond" (translucent black), 14K Broad Cursive Italic grind by Mottishaw's staff, inked with Iroshizuku Syo-ro
  • Pelikan M640 Special Edition Mount Everest, 18K Medium (tuned by Mike Masuyama)
  • Pelikan 400NN (1956), 14K Semi-flex EF (Restored by Vasco Piscov)
  • Conklin Crescent Filler 20CNL (mid-to-late 1920s), fitted with a Wahl #2 Semi-flex needlepoint
  • Pilot Super 250 (1964), 14K Falcon (1968), quarter-turn knob filler
  • Lamy 2000 (post-2009), 14K EF
  • Montblanc 225 (1970s, Piston), 14K XXF
  • Sailor 1911L, 21K H-MF
  • Pelikan 140 (1950s Export), 14K Semi-flex Broad Cursive Italic (restored and ground by Vasco Piscov)
  • Lamy Al-Star, Matte Black, black steel EF and 1.9
  • Wahl gold-filled pen (unsure of model #), fitted with the 14K Conklin fine nib from the C/F
  • Parker Challenger (1937), 14K firm Fine, self-restored and polished, inked with Montblanc Irish Green
  • Aurora Afrika Limited Edition, 18K "M" (goes down on paper like a western EF)
  • Waterman 55 in "Woodgrain" ebonite, 14K Waterman Ideal #5 Flex Medium, inked with Waterman Inspired Blue
  • Sheaffer Balance Standard Vac-Fil, Ebonized Pearl Flakes, 14K Feathertouch #5 EF~F, Inked with Syo-ro
  • Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman in Pastel Green, PdAg Medium Nib, inked with Montblanc Irish Green
  • Sheaffer Snorkel Valiant (1952 1st year, with 14K Snorkel Tube), 14K EF, Inked with Iroshizuku Yama-budo
  • Montblanc 14 (1960s), 18C EF, Inked with Waterman Inspired Blue
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Triumph Statesman 1000 (... I think), 14K Lifetime two-tone Medium, Inked with Tsuki-yo
Some Uncapped shots of the pens above shown capped (because they were inked in that photo):

C4C9JsZ.jpg

VR1of6J.jpg

pN7LclA.jpg

MWKzZdY.jpg

wJyPEKj.jpg

rHWQl2f.jpg

Both are wonderful collections! This is a great thread... :)

• 10 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 1:06 AM, corniche said:

Oh no. You made me Google that pen. Now I want one. 😍😭

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion